Photo

What are the Odds the Devils Improve This Year?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think they take a step back, but a small step. 95-98 points and a 6 or 7 seed. The loss of Parise is huge and will be difficult to overcome, especially early in the year. Hopefully, having Zajac healthy for a full year will mitigate some of that, and Butler can turn into the next Grabner, but a lot of things broke out way last year that likely won't happen again.

I agree with this. Solid 95-98 pt season. (Teddy will be a good contributor. You guys forget he was lined with David hog-the-puck Clarkson every time he played last year. Put Teddy with some familiar and un-selfish guys and give him a chance. Hes got tons of speed and ability)

OP, another thing positive for the devils this year is that we will actually have a good 4th line for the first time in years.

Edited by devlman, 18 October 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#22 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Get ready

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I agree with this. Solid 95-98 pt season. (Teddy will be a good contributor. You guys forget he was lined with David hog-the-puck Clarkson every time he played last year. Put Teddy with some familiar and un-selfish guys and give him a chance. Hes got tons of speed and ability)

OP, another thing positive for the devils this year is that we will actually have a good 4th line for the first time in years.

Teddy's problem, at least as I see it, is that he's still not adjusted to the NA hockey style. We all know his calling card is his good hands and speed. He attempts to utilize those in a way that would have worked well if he had more room by driving wide and trying to protect the puck while circling the net. I think he needs to forget the boards, he's not big enough or strong enough for that, clearly. He need to work on being Johnny on the spot in the crease. If he can use his quick, shifty moves to beat defenders to the front of the net, he'll put a ton of rubber in the net. Well, maybe not a ton, but he could be a 20-25 goal player.

#24 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Teddy's problem, at least as I see it, is that he's still not adjusted to the NA hockey style. We all know his calling card is his good hands and speed. He attempts to utilize those in a way that would have worked well if he had more room by driving wide and trying to protect the puck while circling the net. I think he needs to forget the boards, he's not big enough or strong enough for that, clearly. He need to work on being Johnny on the spot in the crease. If he can use his quick, shifty moves to beat defenders to the front of the net, he'll put a ton of rubber in the net. Well, maybe not a ton, but he could be a 20-25 goal player.

I agree....and hopefully he's learned a lot of this in Albany last year.

#25 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Idk what to think. Losing zach is huge but in 10-11 we didn't have him and we did amazing the second half the year. Last season we didn't have Travis and we did great too. So maybe having Travis back wiill keep us where we are now. I still think our depth is good. I think butler will play with us next year and we will sign Sykora. Maybe we trade a d-man and get a top 6 forward. I think the team will be just fine. Pete's system works for our team and I'm sure Lou will make a few traded during the season so we'll be fine. I also think getting so close to winning it all will drive all the guys that played last year. We will be hungry to get to the next level and maybe a short season is what wee need

ajq8o1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users