59 replies to this topic

#1 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Who are some players you want to see traded for, signed or even invited to camp if there is a season. Lets say Kovalchuk, Zajac, Elias, Henrique, and Zubrus are locks for the top 6 while Josefson and Clarkson will be on the 3rd line.

Marco Sturm - A good possession player who had horrendous shooting luck last year. Had an effective playoffs and would fill some of the void left by Ponikarovski. Still an unsigned UFA so he could be had for cheap. Used to be a blazer who loved to shoot the puck.

Ryan Shannon - I suppose Bobby Butler and Scott Parse make this unlikely but another possession player who had terrible luck last season. He hasn't been signed and would be a terrific camp tryout under DeBoer.

Devon Setoguchi - I see him falling out of favor with Minnesota very soon. He had good season considering the mess that was Minnesota and was very unlucky 5 on 5. Heatley, Parise, Koivu, Bouchard, Cullen and possibly Granlund. Setoguchi could be a Friesen type trade for this team.

BTW, I'm bored.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Give Huselius a tryout and sign Sykora.

Wouldn't mind trying to sign Kostitsyn.

Edited by Zubie#8, 18 October 2012 - 01:34 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I loved Devon Setoguchi when he was on the Sharks. Didn't really watch a lot of Wild games last year but I think he'd be a great addition to this team. What do you think Minnesota would want for him? Also if you are talking about the Kostitsyn that I think you are - he went to the KHL a while back.

n2eg.jpg

#4 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'll continue to beat the dead horse - Gomez. If he is bought out of course, signing him for >$1M would be a good bet. Another power play option we could toss out and provide depth to the third and fourth lines.

Maybe he comes in motivated for once in his life trying to restart his career.

I'd also be a fan of doing whatever it takes to rid ourselves of Volchenkov. To see Greene or Tally have to go because we have him locked up would be upsetting.

Also, man, really wish we could go back on that Halischuk trade. He would fit right in the bottom six here, especially in this system.

#5 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I loved Devon Setoguchi when he was on the Sharks. Didn't really watch a lot of Wild games last year but I think he'd be a great addition to this team. What do you think Minnesota would want for him? Also if you are talking about the Kostitsyn that I think you are - he went to the KHL a while back.

Andrei? Ah didnt know that.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#6 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I like Huselius, when he's healthy he can be a damn good player. I think he would be worth giving a shot on a 1-2 year contract.
25smul5.png

#7 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I still think Eric Fehr is worth a shot, provided it's on the cheap. As long as he's expected to fill a void like Ponikarovsky, he could be a value-add. If nothing else, he's proven NHL depth. His 20+ goal season is well in the past, but he's shown a willingness to play the body more. He's gotta provide more scoring pop than last season, that's for sure.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#8 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ryan Shannon would be a great kid to watch in camp. Both he and Bobby Bulter had more prolific careers in Hockey East than little Gio, and look how well he worked out last year. PDB has proven to me that he's an expert at putting players in spots where they can find success, superstar or not. I think many of us around here would agree that our depth carried us just as often as (if not more often than) our stars last year. Not saying that we need 2 lines of mediocre NHL talent, but a tryout can't really hurt.

And obviously, Lou has a strong connection to Hockey East, and we've had other successful US college players in the past so I'd trust his judgement on this one. I also think (not 100%) than Shannon and Butler were both captains of their teams, BC and UNH.

#9 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Time to reopen this topic seeing that we maybe moving closer to camp. I have a feeling 2nd line LW/RW will be our main hole depending what wing Zubrus plays on. As of right now I see Pesonen taking the 3rd line LW job.

#10 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,620 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Time to reopen this topic seeing that we maybe moving closer to camp. I have a feeling 2nd line LW/RW will be our main hole depending what wing Zubrus plays on. As of right now I see Pesonen taking the 3rd line LW job.

I like Pesonen but I don't think he's an NHL player right now. Although I guess I could see the Devils putting Carter on the 3rd line and Pesonen on the 4th.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#11 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Either way, you know we are in slight trouble when there are two holes in the top 9 with no imediate replacement. Could NJ go the grinder method and hope to win games with under 50 total shots?

The future for NJ rests in defense because they are bare up front.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 07 November 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#12 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Either way, you know we are in slight trouble when there are two holes in the top 9 with no imediate replacement. Could NJ go the grinder method and hope to win games with under 50 total shots?

Maybe they are banking as Sykora as one of them. I hope not

#13 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'll continue to beat the dead horse - Gomez. If he is bought out of course, signing him for >$1M would be a good bet. Another power play option we could toss out and provide depth to the third and fourth lines.

Maybe he comes in motivated for once in his life trying to restart his career.

I'd also be a fan of doing whatever it takes to rid ourselves of Volchenkov. To see Greene or Tally have to go because we have him locked up would be upsetting.

Also, man, really wish we could go back on that Halischuk trade. He would fit right in the bottom six here, especially in this system.

Gomez won't get bought out this season. Why have a cap hit for 4 years when you eat another year and only buyout and get a 2 year hit instead? Plus I don't know if they are that close to the cap anyway that they couldn't hold onto it.

#14 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

What about that guy playing with Kovy in the KHL right now? Tikhonov?

There was a thread on HF suggesting NJ go after him and Phoenix fans seemed pretty open to a reasonable trade.

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,620 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Maybe they are banking as Sykora as one of them. I hope not

If they were banking on Sykora, he'd be signed already.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

What teams don't have at least two holes in the top 9? Very few I'd guess.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

What teams don't have at least two holes in the top 9? Very few I'd guess.

I would say many don't have the type of holes New Jersey has. Even if they do they have youngsters who could fill those holes. New Jersey is bare for prosepects. Tedenby is a half a year from going back to Sweden.

#18 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

What about that guy playing with Kovy in the KHL right now? Tikhonov?

There was a thread on HF suggesting NJ go after him and Phoenix fans seemed pretty open to a reasonable trade.

Too bad the fans don't get to decide if he's traded! ;-)
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#19 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

If they were banking on Sykora, he'd be signed already.

Gotta think they were gonna invite him to camp and possibly sign him afterwards if none of the kids stepped up?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Who are some players you want to see traded for, signed or even invited to camp if there is a season. Lets say Kovalchuk, Zajac, Elias, Henrique, and Zubrus are locks for the top 6 while Josefson and Clarkson will be on the 3rd line.

Marco Sturm - A good possession player who had horrendous shooting luck last year. Had an effective playoffs and would fill some of the void left by Ponikarovski. Still an unsigned UFA so he could be had for cheap. Used to be a blazer who loved to shoot the puck.

Ryan Shannon - I suppose Bobby Butler and Scott Parse make this unlikely but another possession player who had terrible luck last season. He hasn't been signed and would be a terrific camp tryout under DeBoer.

Devon Setoguchi - I see him falling out of favor with Minnesota very soon. He had good season considering the mess that was Minnesota and was very unlucky 5 on 5. Heatley, Parise, Koivu, Bouchard, Cullen and possibly Granlund. Setoguchi could be a Friesen type trade for this team.

BTW, I'm bored.

i dont think the wild should trade cause i'd be surprised to know how many games Koivu, Bouchard and Granlund would play together... those guys are made of glass and are always injured

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users