59 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Gotta think they were gonna invite him to camp and possibly sign him afterwards if none of the kids stepped up?

I don't know if he would go through that again.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I don't think Sykora is "done" yet as in Bobby Holik done. Sure he slowed down later in the season, but he is an older forward. Still put up 21 goals.

I think he could still put up a 20-25 goal pace in a shortened season
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

For what he got paid last year (league minimum? or 750K?), Sykora did a great job for us putting up 21 goals. He slowed down toward the end and DeBoer did the right thing benching him a couple nights.

Won't hurt if we bring him back again this year for 15-18 goals and league minimum. We're paying a few fighters more, and we don't hesitate to scratch them when we don't need them. Sykora's a nice card to be able to play, if he looks like he's healthy and ready to go at camp..

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't think Sykora is "done" yet as in Bobby Holik done. Sure he slowed down later in the season, but he is an older forward. Still put up 21 goals.

I think he could still put up a 20-25 goal pace in a shortened season

http://www.arcticice...rcentage-vs-age

I don't like this trend. Sykora was one of only a few players over 35 who had a better shooting percentage last season than his career average. (I can't find that stat unfortunately but I know I read it somewhere). It would take only a minor decrease in shots per game and a drop in shooting percentage, suddenly Sykora's ice time is getting taken because he's 'in a slump' and all of the sudden Sykora's a 10-15 over 82 games goal scorer. I don't think he should be part of the team, there are younger players around who are a better bet (like Bobby Butler, for instance).

Edited by Triumph, 08 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#25 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Any news on Kristian Huselius and his injury or if he is playing overseas? I would love to have him as a try out.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#26 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Did anyone see this on Huselius' wiki page?

http://en.wikipedia....istian_Huselius

Suspension due to sex scandal

In 2005, Huselius and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Andreas Lilja were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.[3]
On February 9, 2005, a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her. Two days later, police dropped their investigation due to a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions.[4] Huselius and the others were cleared in June of that year after a special prosecutor ruled there was no evidence they forced the woman to have sex.[5]

I only bring it up because it involves Tallinder and I hadn't heard about it before.
[edit]

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 08 November 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#27 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I only bring it up because it involves Tallinder and I hadn't heard about it before.
[edit]

Yeah I remember that, maybe not the best idea to reunite these guys :ninja:

But seriously that issue is a thing in the past and I really think a healthy Huselius would be beneficial to fill in some of the holes on offense.

Edited by Zubie#8, 09 November 2012 - 12:49 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

[edit]

It was a lot of noise about nothing. Really took on a life of its own since the r-word was used.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#29 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Henrique being out for 1-2 months makes things even worse on offense. I still believe a defenseman has to be moved.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#30 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

IF things get settled.

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Butler-Elias-Sykora (?)
Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson
4th line

Not a fan of the offense. Although, Lou could certainly give Pesonen a look

#31 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Butler
Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson
Zubrus - Elias - Bernier
Carter - Gionta - Hoeffel

I'm in puke mode without a trade
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#32 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sykora HAS to be signed if Lou cant find a good trade. Finding a big body to replace Ponikarovsky would be nice but please no Barch!

Butler Zajac Kovalchuk
Sykora Elias Zubrus
Tedenby Josefson Clarkson
Carter Gionta Bernier

That looks much better with Sykora in the lineup and it will be even better when Adam returns. Zubrus Butler Bernier and Tedenby can all be switched around to find a good fit. We just have to pray that Tedenby will at least be average.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 December 2012 - 02:00 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson is such a terrible line.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#34 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hoping to see some buyouts. Lou is in a good position to make some value moves.

#35 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hoping to see some buyouts. Lou is in a good position to make some value moves.

Yeah if amnesty buyouts happen, NJ is in a pretty great position to pick someone up. They're also in a very good position to deal a defenseman to a team that needs one to pick up a winger.

#36 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Yeah if amnesty buyouts happen, NJ is in a pretty great position to pick someone up. They're also in a very good position to deal a defenseman to a team that needs one to pick up a winger.

I imagine if there is an amnesty, Heatley would be a casualty. Is he any good at all anymore? Even if not, there's a place for him on the roster.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#37 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I imagine if there is an amnesty, Heatley would be a casualty. Is he any good at all anymore? Even if not, there's a place for him on the roster.

He's better than re-signing Sykora. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if his temperament kept him from being a Devil though. Lou tries not to add too many poor locker rooms guys to a roster, unless he has a strong leadership core in place. Right now I would say the Devils locker room will be in a bit of flux with Parise gone, for at least awhile.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Depends on where the cap ends up, but I could see the Wild amnestying Cullen and Bouchard instead. I don't really like Heatley but that is the sort of player we'd need. A trade for Martin Havlat wouldn't be that bad either.

#39 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Depends on where the cap ends up, but I could see the Wild amnestying Cullen and Bouchard instead. I don't really like Heatley but that is the sort of player we'd need. A trade for Martin Havlat wouldn't be that bad either.

Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Demers, Stuart, Murray.

Wish we could get Havlat, but they look set on D

#40 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

From teams with their backs to the current cap: maybe a few names out of Calgary. Glencross, Stajan, Tanguay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users