28 replies to this topic

#21 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

I dont have a problem with the way he said it. It is his opinion. Ovechkin constantly whined like a baby about it.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#22 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

me neither im not concern, we all know he'll be back. He just said it to dont have his salaries cut. Like he said NHLPA will never accept that and Nhl want to keep their stars

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

me neither im not concern, we all know he'll be back. He just said it to dont have his salaries cut. Like he said NHLPA will never accept that and Nhl want to keep their stars

That's what I was saying too. We are pretty assured that the guy didn't sign a 15 year contract, move his family out here, build a house and say all that this is team sh!t just so he could go back to Russia to make a few extra dollars he won't even notice.

He's clearly just saying, and I would not be surprised if all these guys talking about the same this is not coincidence, that he won't come back so the owner's don't just think the players are pushovers.

#24 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

He seems to like the KHL, because he's a hockey player. He loves what he does. He obviously just wants to get back on the ice in New Jersey and take another run at the Cup.

If he's smiling and enjoying his time in the KHL, that's nothing but a good thing. If he goes there, doesn't produce numbers, and has a frown on his face the whole time, I'd say, "Ehh, somethin's up.."

I don't know, your argument of him being a hockey player and just loving what he does, doesn't work in our favor as that very well may be a reason for him to say "it's the same game, the KHL is probably the second best league in the world, why not stay"
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#25 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I find it hard to get worked up or even care about comments made by players during a lock out. Its all posturing BS IMO. I highly doubt Kovy stays in the KHL once the lockout is over unless the salary change is massive. I don't think the players will agree to anything like that to begin with. This is a non-story as far as Im concerned.

#26 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't know, your argument of him being a hockey player and just loving what he does, doesn't work in our favor as that very well may be a reason for him to say "it's the same game, the KHL is probably the second best league in the world, why not stay"

If Kovalchuk wanted to play in the KHL, he'd've been there in 2010. He doesn't want to play there full-time. It's not the same game.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#27 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

He has two houses in the US. While his KHL contract may pay him more on a year to year basis, if he gets injured he will get nothing - it's a much larger risk to play in the KHL. And most importantly, the NHL is the most competitive league in the world. Kovalchuk can win all the KHL championships he likes, he can dominate that league, but it's not the NHL. Not to mention that while Russia is home for these guys, it brings with it some oddities that life in the United States does not.

If Kovalchuk wanted to play in the KHL, he'd've been there in 2010. He doesn't want to play there full-time. It's not the same game.

the NHL contract is too good to pass up to play in russia, but don't be fooled for one second regarding his house and life in NJ. if the money was guaranteed in russia, it would be an extremely difficult decision for him and if say, they agreed to a straight 24% rollback or something crazy like that where his contract went from $100MM to $75MM - it would not shock me at all if he stayed.

i would actually bet that Kovy goes back to russia for good in about 8 years.

russians love russia.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#28 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's weird how, in a country where unions are frowned upon for normal blue collar workers, it seems everyone accepts that all the millionaire pro athletes are organized.
Posted Image

#29 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I thought it was weird when Jagr #68 of all people, said how great it was to play in Russia. Then he signed with Philly.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users