102 replies to this topic

#61 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Also a few more shots I took last night in Hoboken. Power starting to come on.

http://froston.tumblr.com/
Posted Image

#62 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Also a few more shots I took last night in Hoboken. Power starting to come on.

http://froston.tumblr.com/

Fantastic pictures, man. Thanks for sharing. The Green Rock one specifically looks very creepy.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#63 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Very nice pix Frost

#64 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Our home in Sayreville is still standing...but it's not liveable in right now. We live a block from the Raritan River and the storm surge turned our street into a river. I've never seen anything like it. I went outside and there was 5 feet of water on our street. We panicked and took 30 minutes to get our cars to safety and when we got home, the water was coming in everywhere. Then the toilet backflowed and the apartment got covered in over a foot of blackwater/raw sewage. We're still waiting for the decontamination people to have time to show up. We haven't been able to go back since Monday night. We're staying with a neighbor, but we haven't had power since Monday and I just heard we're looking at another 4-5 days in the dark.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#65 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Got power back this afternoon. It had been out since Monday. Lost most of the trees in the complex. Outside of the complex is a mess. First thing I did was turn the heat on. I cannot believe they are predicting a nor'easter for next week. :blink:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#66 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm in Boston right now, but my neighbor texted me to let me know our power is back. Up here, flashlights, bottled water and D batteries are available in abundance, so I was gonna pick up a bunch of supplies to bring home and send out to those who need them. I don't know how to go about distributing that type of stuff, so if anyone knows a way, please let me know what to do.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#67 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Maddog - There's a bunch of shelters and organizations (particularly in Monmouth and Ocean) collecting over the next few days. I'll see if I can find the list again in a few, but they shouldn't be hard to find.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#68 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

We live in Brick, on the Manasquan River, about five miles upriver from the inlet. The storm surge must have been five or six feet to push debris and a lot of crap way up over the bank and the another fifty feet ip the slope pf the back yard
Floating docks are all over the place.

Wind knocked down six big pine trees.

Still no power. I've seen crews from SPE Utility Contractors from Detroit in the area as well ss a pickup from TECO- Tampa Electric Co.

Hope every one is safe

Edited by point, 02 November 2012 - 05:31 PM.

2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#69 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Maddog - There's a bunch of shelters and organizations (particularly in Monmouth and Ocean) collecting over the next few days. I'll see if I can find the list again in a few, but they shouldn't be hard to find.

. Word, thanks lastone.

#70 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just got power back...feel like one of the lucky ones. 4 days, that's nothing compared to what others are going through.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#71 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Fantastic pictures, man. Thanks for sharing. The Green Rock one specifically looks very creepy.

Posted Image

#72 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'm in Matawan and we barely took any damage whatsoever but until today were 100% without power in the town. I'm glad to have been one of the lucky ones as far as damage, but the fact that Atlantic Highlands and Belmar, who got annihilated from all accounts, have a higher percentage of people with power back than us is mind-boggling. Doesn't seem like it's gonna be back anytime soon either. After 105 hours without (and counting), it's starting to get just a bit frustrating.

believe-devs.jpg

#73 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

http://shop.ergoclothing.com/. If you haven't liked the 'Restore the Shore' page on Facebook, I suggest checking it out. The work of a college kid down the shore who wanted to help out his community, and he's designed these shirts. 100% of the proceeds go to aid victims and their families in the relief efforts. When you have a couple of minutes, like the page and buy a shirt. Ordered mine a few minutes ago. Every little bit helps. Let's band together and help our neighbors out.

#74 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

It very well could be evidence of global warming.

Can't believe people in the US still need evidence for that. Yeah, it's happening and it is reality.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#75 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm sorry they can't snap their fingers and turn your power back on. No power is pale in comparison to the many many people have lost their homes.

Edited by mackchi, 03 November 2012 - 04:46 AM.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

#76 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

My house is ruined BTW. I am not asking for a snap of the fingers. We are shut down and evacuated and where I am currently staying is without power. There are many many more worse off than I. There have been NO JCP&L Trucks in sight.
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#77 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Posted this on a thread on the storm only as I had not seen this one.

Ive been very lucky. Power went out on Monday at 8pm as seems to be a similar story. I'm in Hudson county btw. I am stunned that it was back on by Tuesday night as none of my relatives in the state got power back until the last 24 hours. We had a lot of high winds but did not have to deal with the water issues so many dealt with. Many sections, major sections even, of the area are still without power. A lot of Jersey City is still out. Sections of Kennedy Blvd (if you know the area) are also out and the gas lines all over the place are completely f'in insane. The gas situation is really eye-opening as I've never experienced anything like it at all. Its scary to think what a very long shortage would do and I imagine I will probably experience that in my lifetime.

I am completely dumbfounded by some of the pictures I've been seeing. Seaside, Cape May, and others places I know really well just got the hell hammered out of them. I have family in Cape May and they evacuated, but their house held up pretty well with only the attic getting water damage from the rain/wind.

#78 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Our power came back around 2:20 this afternoon. The heater is still trying to catch up to the 43 indoors temp it began with.

Sorry to hear about your house Mack.

#79 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Power went out Monday afternoon and was back on Friday afternoon. Gas rationing begins today. Odd/even plate numbers can only buy gass on odd/even days. The wind was so bad that it blew open all 4 unit doors at once. I only lost power and with no heat it was dibilitating my bones. Nothing helped. I am now so skittish every time I hear a noise. Granted I didn't lose my unit however the trauma from the wind, trees being uprooted and tossed around. trapped in the complex due to downed trees has messed up my emotional balance. I cannot believe we are expecting a nor'easter on Wednesday. More friggin wind. :(
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#80 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Glad to hear some of you guys are getting power back and were fortunate to make it thru relatively ok all things considered. Truly feel sorry for those that either lost homes or suffered significant damage, hopefully you get the help you deserve in rebuilding and get it quickly.

I'm actually taking a break tonight from sleeping in my cold house and decided to grab a ton of gas out in Pennsylvania since I have a friend whose apartment is about 20 minutes from the border. I'm hoping to get power back within a few days but I definitely understand that my street is a low priority so I have no problem waiting it out if they need to get to other areas first. In a weird way I'm sort of fortunate that Irene took out the amount of trees/branches at my house as it did last year without creating too much damage. It was insane how unscathed my yard went this year compared to my neighbor's.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users