67 replies to this topic

#21 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

they danced around like they won the super bowl after beating the jets, I think they may have forgotten there was still...you know...games to play

..and to Miami, last week was their Superbowl. You can dance and poke fun all you want bro. There's no real reason to put the fish in the same category as the Bears\Texans. Neither the Jets or Dolphins have a winning record. Miami may have beaten the Jets last Sunday, but we split with them for the year. They have 4 wins, we have 3.. there's some huge difference there?

Today had "emotional letdown" written all over it. But this is why you don't spit up in the NFL, because it could come back and bite you in the ass. You had Richie Incognito waiving and blowing the Jets kisses last week. Now they lose a game that could absolutely have playoff ramifications come seasons end.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,514 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

No one is putting the Dolphins in the Bears/Texans category. They are a pleasant surprise though. They have a shot to finish .500 with a rookie QB, and no one was really expecting much out of the Dolphins this year. Considering they were 1-7 at the halfway point last year, they've made some nice strides.

The Jets in Year 4 of the Rex Ryan Era have been a joke...injuries have clearly paid a part, but when you yap away like Rex does, that doesn't help the Jets' cause much. Those two AFC Championship appearances are starting to seem like a long time ago. I don't think the Jets are completely done yet, but there's no way the Jets thought they'd be 3-5 halfway through the season.

The "huge difference" is that one team clearly had expectations, and the other one really didn't.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

There's your vaunted Giants defense for you again...shredded as always.

Miami too, another bigtime performance. 500 yards allowed to the Colts. Another overrated sack of sh!t team

. That overrated, sack of sh!t team embarassed the sh!t out of your clown squad last week. And it sounds like it still hurts lmao.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

No one is putting the Dolphins in the Bears/Texans category. They are a pleasant surprise though. They have a shot to finish .500 with a rookie QB, and no one was really expecting much out of the Dolphins this year. Considering they were 1-7 at the halfway point last year, they've made some nice strides.

The Jets in Year 4 of the Rex Ryan Era have been a joke...injuries have clearly paid a part, but when you yap away like Rex does, that doesn't help the Jets' cause much. Those two AFC Championship appearances are starting to seem like a long time ago. I don't think the Jets are completely done yet, but there's no way the Jets thought they'd be 3-5 halfway through the season.

The "huge difference" is that one team clearly had expectations, and the other one really didn't.

. Bingo CR. If we don't make the playoffs this year, it's no skin off my back, I never thought we were getting there anyway. The bottom line this year is developing the QB and finding out if the coach can coach. The QB is coming along nicely and the coach is proving he can coach (with the exception of a meh game today- Philbin obviously has more than the 4 collective brain cells that Cam Cameron and Tony Sparano had, that's fairly obvious) so I'd say we're in the plus column whether we make the playoffs this year or not. We have a 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and $50 mil in cap space this offseason to supplement the roster and build around Tannehill. I'd rather be in our position than a lot of other teams right now for the first time in a while.

#25 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

..where was the "clear expectations" of a team that imploded last year?? Because if there was a LOOK OUT WORLD category the Jets were on, I think I missed it. Neither the Jets nor the Dolphins had a winning record last season, and both teams missed the playoffs. The Jets had 8 wins.. Miami had 6. What lofty goals were different between the two teams? When were the Jets the *team-to-watch* going into this season? Was it when they went winless throughout the preseason? Minus Tebow, this team is nearly identical to last years. Our WR corp lost Plaxico, who had 9 TD's, and replaced him with a rookie. Our running game loses LT, and replaced him with...... fill in blank. The Jets had expectations going into 2010 after 2009, and 2011 after 2010.. but not after last season. Especially the little retooling that was done to the roster. The *expectation from the majority of NFL analyst's was; with a new OC system to learn, and thinning depth at both WR & RB, the Jets will struggle offensively. Those expectations have certainly come to fruition. Sprinkle in 11 injuries, including Holmes & Revis, our 2 best players.. and I'm supposed to be shocked we have 5 losses heading into Week 10?? --not really.

EDIT; Back on topic.. the fish have 4 wins, the Jets have 3, and we split our 2 games. Jet fans should talk draft, and Dolphin fans should talk Superbowl.

Edited by Beezer34, 04 November 2012 - 10:18 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

..where was the "clear expectations" of a team that imploded last year?? Because if there was a LOOK OUT WORLD category the Jets were on, I think I missed it. Neither the Jets nor the Dolphins had a winning record last season, and both teams missed the playoffs. The Jets had 8 wins.. Miami had 6. What lofty goals were different between the two teams? When were the Jets the *team-to-watch* going into this season? Was it when they went winless throughout the preseason? Minus Tebow, this team is nearly identical to last years. Our WR corp lost Plaxico, who had 9 TD's, and replaced him with a rookie. Our running game loses LT, and replaced him with...... fill in blank. The Jets had expectations going into 2010 after 2009, and 2011 after 2010.. but not after last season. Especially the little retooling that was done to the roster. The *expectation from the majority of NFL analyst's was; with a new OC system to learn, and thinning depth at both WR & RB, the Jets will struggle offensively. Those expectations have certainly come to fruition. Sprinkle in 11 injuries, including Holmes & Revis, our 2 best players.. and I'm supposed to be shocked we have 5 losses heading into Week 10?? --not really.

EDIT; Back on topic.. the fish have 4 wins, the Jets have 3, and we split our 2 games. Jet fans should talk draft, and Dolphin fans should talk Superbowl.

. To be fair, you're right Beez- most Jet fans I know thought they were gonna suck this year. The expectations were coming from the inside, what with Rex saying he thought it was the best team he had in his Jet coaching tenure and the whole super-secret Tebow/Wildcat stuff Sparano claimed to have cooked up that everyone knew would be a joke. My friends who are Jet fans didn't have very high expectations this year at all.

#27 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I gotta say, being a Cowboys fan must be one of the most frustrating things imaginable.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I gotta say, being a Cowboys fan must be one of the most frustrating things imaginable.

. Yeah its gotta suck. They're the most un-clutch (new word?) team I've ever seen.

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

. Yeah its gotta suck. They're the most un-clutch (new word?) team I've ever seen.

There's a lot of talent there too. Say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he's pretty good with personnel. The whole is much less though than the sum of its parts.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

There's a lot of talent there too. Say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he's pretty good with personnel. The whole is much less though than the sum of its parts.

. Look for them to make a run at Payton. Garrett's toast.

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

It's not....you eventually learn and accept that your coaching staff will find a way to screw it up.....keep a shot of Jack Daniels handy and ingest when needed and move on....
(something a certain Bills fan needs do :P )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

It's not....you eventually learn and accept that your coaching staff will find a way to screw it up.....keep a shot of Jack Daniels handy and ingest when needed and move on....
(something a certain Bills fan needs do :P )

. If anyone knows this feeling of reluctant acceptance in regards to idiotic coaching staffs, it's a Dolphins fan. Wannschmuck. Cameron. Sparano. I feel your pain Crash.

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 November 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

......as I was saying........

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

If anyone knows this feeling of reluctant acceptance, it's a Dolphins fan. I feel your pain Crash.

I'm grateful for the prime time games so I can drink my OWN JD and watch at home in peace.....

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count right???

PSS, Tomlin should be executed for that fake FG trash.......

hey...DEFENSIVE HOLDING.....where's my bottle?

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm grateful for the prime time games so I can drink my OWN JD and watch at home in peace.....

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count right???

PSS, Tomlin should be executed for that fake FG trash.......

hey...DEFENSIVE HOLDING.....where's my bottle?

. Sure emotion counts. But the Fins did everything they could to help the Indy cause.

#36 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count

Maybe it does, but I think the guy throwing the ball had more to do with it. Man is he scary good. The lord is definitely is a Colts fan.
Posted Image

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

The minute I heard Pagano was at the game I called the person in charge of the pool and asked her to change my pic to the Colts, but I couldn't get her and the internet was down at the bar.....grrrr
You guys are underestimating emotion and what it does in an otherwise evenly matched game.....

Still about to go 9-4 this week in spite of that.....

#38 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

The minute I heard Pagano was at the game I called the person in charge of the pool and asked her to change my pic to the Colts, but I couldn't get her and the internet was down at the bar.....grrrr
You guys are underestimating emotion and what it does in an otherwise evenly matched game.....

Still about to go 9-4 this week in spite of that.....

If I knew Chuck was going to be at the game, I'd never have taken the Dolphins at -1 like I did so early in the week. Either way, Colts are a great home team, so it was probably just a bad pick.

I don't think anyone did much worse than 9-4. All the major favourites won and even covered, which is as rare as it gets, It was the small favourites (Dolphins, Redskins, Giants) that had most of the trouble. No really big upsets at all this week.

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 November 2012 - 02:12 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Giants are 6-3 and lead their division.
Miami smoked the Jets in their last game. Should a Jet fan really be killing other teams at this point?

Anyway, bizzarre stat of the day: the Ravens have been outscored over their last six games combined by seven points...yet they've managed to go 5-1 in those six games. One thing that is becoming more obvious with each week: Flacco is not an elite QB, and probably never will be...he's no scrub, and I think a team could win with him, but he's never putting a team on his back to take them to the promised land. I think the question has been answered: he's at the upper end of average, and not the lower end of elite.

They're winning ugly, but all that matters is that they're winning.

The slights against Miami and the Super Bowl Champion Giants are just bitter envy coming from a blind Jets fan.

I am afraid your take on Flacco seems correct. The potenital to be an elite QB is there for Flacco, but for some reason he can't seem to make that hurdle on a consistent basis. We are winning ugly, but will get crushed by NE, or Houston come crunch time.
Our D is weak but we are making some plays when it counts. But without Lewis and Webb it's an illusion of strength.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

What happened to the Cowboys last night?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users