4 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Brent Sutter takes over as Red Deer coach

RED DEER, Alberta (AP) -- Brent Sutter is back behind the bench.
The owner and general manager of the Western Hockey League's Red Deer Rebels, Sutter fired coach Jesse Wallin on Tuesday and took over on an interim basis.

http://sports.yahoo....04677--nhl.html

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

WOOT :yay:

815631765.gif

#3 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Considering there is no season yet! Do you think the trader will stay put when they come back?
It still burns me to no end that Lou just let him flat out lie and go coach Calgary, nothing in return but we still have to give up a first rounder for the Kovy mess. 2 wrongs don't make a right but it still ticks me off.

Edited by Devs1965, 15 November 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I've grown apathetic towards Sutter. He did some good things for this franchise although the fallout was terrible.

#5 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Considering there is no season yet! Do you think the trader will stay put when they come back?
It still burns me to no end that Lou just let him flat out lie and go coach Calgary, nothing in return but we still have to give up a first rounder for the Kovy mess. 2 wrongs don't make a right but it still ticks me off.

We effectively got JJ in return.

Glad to see this loser back coaching on a level more suitable to his loser style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users