1269 replies to this topic

#181 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

would recommend staying in NYC and taking a train for draft. although hilton by penn station is supposed to be ok. i don't think the new hotel being built next to the arena will be ready.

Isn't there a holiday inn right across the river, it might be Kearny at that point? It's a couple miles from the arena maybe, but if maybe if he's looking for a cheaper option than the Hilton. Staying NYC will be more expensive I'd imagine. Though it will offer much more in the way of stuff nearby to do if the idea is to see NYC and go to the draft, lol.

#182 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hopefully at the draft the Devils will be able to sell off players for picks in this draft.  If this draft is as deep as 03 and has that kind of potential we could be set up for a serious resurgence in the coming years.

#183 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

You'll have to wait a while considering the they don't pick until the third round. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lol, I think most Devils fans will be gone by then considering they'll have two top forty picks and then skip the third round, so nothing for the next sixty picks.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#184 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Calgary Flames fan and am going to be coming down for the draft. Was hoping someone could help me out on a good hotel nearby the rink. Unfortunately my account won't allow me to post a new topic, so I posted on this thread and was hoping you guys could help out. I'd provide an update on the Flames, but there is nothing of note.

There's the Gateway Hilton, the Robert Treat Hotel, and the Courtyard Marriott. Of these, the Marriott is closest, being literally next door to the arena. The Hilton and the Robert Treat are each about three or four blocks away. There's also a Comfort Inn on McCarter Highway or a Hampton Inn right across the river in Harrison, but those aren't within walking distance IMO. After that you'd be looking at one of the many airport Hotels.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#185 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I cant wait!!!!!!!

#186 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

lol.  please bet with me on next year.  you can take teams based on goalie save percentages and i'll take corsi tied.

Haha you were the guy in 2012 that was adamant all season that the rangers would drop in the standings..we are talking many long, detailed posts about how they couldn't keep it up. They go on to win the presidents trophy and fall 2 gms short of the SCF lol. Bobrovsky is playing better than he has in the past, but who is to say he hasn't turned the corner in his career. He prob hasn't but the jackets are winning, so up to now he's been playing great.

#187 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Haha you were the guy in 2012 that was adamant all season that the rangers would drop in the standings..we are talking many long, detailed posts about how they couldn't keep it up. They go on to win the presidents trophy and fall 2 gms short of the SCF lol. Bobrovsky is playing better than he has in the past, but who is to say he hasn't turned the corner in his career. He prob hasn't but the jackets are winning, so up to now he's been playing great.

Just to clarify, the Canucks won the presidents trophy, not the rangers.

#188 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

well look how they've done this year. Seems like he was right. And they only got to the ECF because they played two awful teams on the way there and barely won basically in coin tosses 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#189 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

well look how they've done this year. Seems like he was right. And they only got to the ECF because they played two awful teams on the way there and barely won basically in coin tosses

No, he wasn't right. It was about last season, not this current one. Ottawa is far from awful.
And my mistake, Vancouver won presidents, rags still ended up top team in east.

Edited by devlman, 13 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#190 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

You do realize the Rangers changed around about 50% of their forward core from last year to this year?  They completely changed over their team when they lost all their quality depth in the Nash trade and in FA.  Then they basically got a re-boot when they traded an underperforming Gaborik to get quality depth back and bought Clowe at Neiman Marcus prices.  And voila, they look like last year's team again.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 April 2013 - 05:20 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#191 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

You do realize the Rangers changed around about 50% of their forward core from last year to this year?  They completely changed over their team when they lost all their quality depth in the Nash trade and in FA.  Then they basically got a re-boot when they traded an underperforming Gaborik to get quality depth back and bought Clowe at Neiman Marcus prices.  And voila, they look like last year's team again.

I think you're forgetting how mediocre they were in the playoffs. And what they've had these guys for a few games? Give it a chance. Do you really think Derek Brassard and Ryan Clowe are that good? 

#192 Doug_Dadswell

Doug_Dadswell

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for all of the help regarding hotels.

#193 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

ISS Top 30 April Edition

Interesting list, a lot different than the others out there...especially Nichushkin at 2, Drouin at 4, and Horvat at 10. I also find it interesting they have Lazar at 12 and Bowey at 27. Here's the top 10:

1. D Seth Jones (Portland - WHL)
2. F Valery Nichushkin (Chelyabinsk - RUS)
3. C Nate MacKinnon (Halifax - QMJHL)
4. C Jonathan Drouin (Halifax - QMJHL)
5. C Sasha Barkov (Tappara - FIN)
6. D Darnell Nurse (Sault Ste. Marie - OHL)
7. D Nikita Zadorov (London - OHL)
8. C Elias Lindholm (Brynas - SWE)
9. C Sean Monahan (Ottawa - OHL)
10. C Bo Horvat (London - OHL)

Also, here is the most recent NHL Numbers Draft Consensus Rankings (April).

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#194 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Zadorov, Monahan, Lindholm...I like all those names on a Devils jersey.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#195 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Well we only have 4more pts than the 27th position... Its not even impossible to be able to draft drouin or mackinnon with our own pick without even winning the lottery

Edit: actually the flames (27th) even have more regulation wins than us lol if you only look at the wins were bottom 4

Edited by SterioDesign, 15 April 2013 - 11:40 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#196 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Colorado is probably regretting signing that ROR offer sheet now. They could be looking at picks 2 and 3 this year since Calgary is so bad.

#197 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Really want us to get in the top 4. It would be really save this team. We need a franchise forward for when Elias leaves. Mackinnon, barkov, and druin will all be elite talents and at least one of them will be around at 4

#198 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Really want us to get in the top 4. It would be really save this team. We need a franchise forward for when Elias leaves. Mackinnon, barkov, and druin will all be elite talents and at least one of them will be around at 4

losing to philly thursday could certain help that... they'd jump over us. and if Oilers and nashville win their next game we'd be 6th

obviously i don't like to think that way i want to see my team win but you know... i saw Mackinnon and Drouin play around here a bunch of time... it would be fvcking unreal to have one of them in NJ

www.SterioDesign.com

#199 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Colorado is probably regretting signing that ROR offer sheet now. They could be looking at picks 2 and 3 this year since Calgary is so bad.

especially if they could've reclaimed him on waivers right after they decided not to match  :doh1:

#200 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

especially if they could've reclaimed him on waivers right after they decided not to match  :doh1:

I think CBJ was first on the waiver wire at that point. Imagine the Jackets getting a young selke caliber center for free lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users