1269 replies to this topic

#241 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

The only guy i dont want is Anthony Mantha from VD... yes he score 45 goals... yes he is talented, but he plays one game on 3... he have no constence... My girlfriend is a huge Foreurs fans... dont tell her i said that :P

#242 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

The only guy i dont want is Anthony Mantha from VD... yes he score 45 goals... yes he is talented, but he plays one game on 3... he have no constence... My girlfriend is a huge Foreurs fans... dont tell her i said that :P

really? well i just happened to catch him on that 1 game every time then haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#243 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Can the Devils take the NHL to court over the draft pick penalty and tie it up for a few years?

They could try, but it won't work. There's an iron clad arbitration clause in the CBA.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#244 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

They could try, but it won't work. There's an iron clad arbitration clause in the CBA.

Teams can no longer take the NHL to court ot block a league ruling.  If they do, they face a massive fine ($1 million+) and, i believe, possible loss of draft picks.  The League actually implemented this policy after Lou and the Devils got an injunction from a NJ Judge to block the suspension of Jim Schoenfeld in the 1987 Wales Conference Finals vs. Boston following the Koharski "have another donut" incident. 

Posted Image

#245 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

There is also a great article detailing the entire Koharski-doughnut incident if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.nj.com/de..._a_major_f.html

Posted Image

#246 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

This!

I think the whole thing seems extremely unreasonable. The NHL agreed to contract regulations they dislike themselves. Sucks for them. Now they fixed it. Good job. Why on earth should the Devils be singled out and penalized for it? :o

Recall that we can't sue the NHL in court. It's against the rules, lol.

I already got beat....I didn't get in early enough. Have another doooughnut, lol.

Edited by ATLL765, 18 April 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#247 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

really? well i just happened to catch him on that 1 game every time then haha

ive watch 12 game this years.....

What's your thought on barkov? i love the fact he is 6 foot 2.... the video i see from him made him look like a dominant player... 

I love linholm toon(man he is quick) the only problem with him could be his scoring touch.... he score a lot but miss a lot from what i have seen at the WJC

#248 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

My pick would be Nichuskin if he is avalaible... he is the one who impress me the most (if we count out drouin)

#249 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

ive watch 12 game this years.....

What's your thought on barkov? i love the fact he is 6 foot 2.... the video i see from him made him look like a dominant player... 

I love linholm toon(man he is quick) the only problem with him could be his scoring touch.... he score a lot but miss a lot from what i have seen at the WJC

I recall our resident scout, J. MacIssac, saying that Barkov was like a bigger version of Datsyuk, so having him on the team would be very exciting. 

I don't love the idea of Nishkinin just because he would not be available for a couple of years.  The Devils can use all the help in the talent department right now.  I also like the idea of getting draft picks that can play immediately for the excitement factor.

It's been said here before, but I have this irrational fear of drafting anymore Swedes in the first round.  Larsson seems to be the only one that has a shot at being an above-average NHLer, but he's bee really disappointing thus far.  So hopefully we're not in a position one way or another to draft Lindholm.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#250 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I recall our resident scout, J. MacIssac, saying that Barkov was like a bigger version of Datsyuk, so having him on the team would be very exciting.

I don't love the idea of Nishkinin just because he would not be available for a couple of years. The Devils can use all the help in the talent department right now. I also like the idea of getting draft picks that can play immediately for the excitement factor.

It's been said here before, but I have this irrational fear of drafting anymore Swedes in the first round. Larsson seems to be the only one that has a shot at being an above-average NHLer, but he's bee really disappointing thus far. So hopefully we're not in a position one way or another to draft Lindholm.

Avoiding picking a player based on nationality. Thank god you aren't a scout

#251 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Along with calling a 19 year old a disappointment because he hasn't shown generational talent levels.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#252 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

sterio - great new signature. very cool.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#253 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

sterio - great new signature. very cool.

Well if he's listing all likely possibilities, he might as well add one with the name "Forfeit" on it. 13 is Lou's unlucky number, anyway

#254 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I don't love the idea of Nishkinin just because he would not be available for a couple of years. The Devils can use all the help in the talent department right now. I also like the idea of getting draft picks that can play immediately for the excitement factor.
It's been said here before, but I have this irrational fear of drafting anymore Swedes in the first round. Larsson seems to be the only one that has a shot at being an above-average NHLer, but he's bee really disappointing thus far. So hopefully we're not in a position one way or another to draft Lindholm.

To my credit, I did say it was irrational. But still, different countries, or at least playing in a different country, breeds playing a certain type of style. Landeskog is Swedish, but he played junior in Canada, so he doesn't fit in the Swede category so to speak. Same with Galchenyuk who played intheOHL fitting into the "Russian" category.

It isn't a scientific approach, but you can't completely discount the idea that the country where a draft pick has played has some effect on the type of NHLer someone will turn out to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#255 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Valeri Nichushkin or Anthony Mantha, Right wing is a big need.......

3308166.jpeg

#256 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I would like us to draft Adam Erne from the Quebec Remparts if we have a 10-15 draft pick. Right Winger 6 ft. 200 pounds. Will be 18 the day after tomorrow.

Since I live in Quebec City, I've went to see the remparts a couple of times this year, and this kid is really talented. He isn't really flashy, but he is big, intense, he can hit, but he can also score a lot of goals and put up points.

This year he had 28 goals and 44 assists (72 points) in 68 games, and 5 goals and 5 assists in 11 games in the playoffs. This year was his second in the "Q".

Since we don't have a lot of RWers and we lack size on the offense, I believe this kid would fit in perfectly.

Edit: He was ranked 16th on Bob McKenzie January top 30 list.

What do you guys think?

Here are some highlights:

Edited by Devs3cups, 18 April 2013 - 09:49 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#257 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

To my credit, I did say it was irrational. But still, different countries, or at least playing in a different country, breeds playing a certain type of style. Landeskog is Swedish, but he played junior in Canada, so he doesn't fit in the Swede category so to speak. Same with Galchenyuk who played intheOHL fitting into the "Russian" category. It isn't a scientific approach, but you can't completely discount the idea that the country where a draft pick has played has some effect on the type of NHLer someone will turn out to be. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure maybe there's a differetn style but don't act like Swedes are busts because Tedenby sucks, JJ's always hurt and Larsson's not Niklas Lidstrom at 20. Lidstrom: Swedish believe it or not. Henrik Zetterberg: Swedish. Peter Forsberg: Swedish. And the list goes on. It might have an impact on "type" sometimes, but not on success. 

and Galchenyuk's American btw 

Edited by DH26, 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#258 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

To my credit, I did say it was irrational. But still, different countries, or at least playing in a different country, breeds playing a certain type of style. Landeskog is Swedish, but he played junior in Canada, so he doesn't fit in the Swede category so to speak. Same with Galchenyuk who played intheOHL fitting into the "Russian" category. It isn't a scientific approach, but you can't completely discount the idea that the country where a draft pick has played has some effect on the type of NHLer someone will turn out to be. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure maybe there's a differetn style but don't act like Swedes are busts because Tedenby sucks, JJ's always hurt and Larsson's not Niklas Lidstrom at 20. Lidstrom: Swedish believe it or not. Henrik Zetterberg: Swedish. Peter Forsberg: Swedish. And the list goes on. It might have an impact on "type" sometimes, but not on success.

and Galchenyuk's American btw

Galchenyuk is American the way Courturier is American. Both were born in the US, but raised mainly outside of the US.

And I never said all Swedes are busts or that they can't make it in the NHL. (What is it with strawmen?) It's just that the Devils have a very poor record when it comes to drafting Swedes. (BTW, you forgot to mention Bergfors).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#259 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

oh and what about andrghetto in the 2 round....

#260 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

I know for a fact that the Devils invite him to their training camp last year... because of the lockout he wasnt invite anymore... 

Nj and LA and STL invite him to their training camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users