1269 replies to this topic

#381 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

i wish i could see Monahan play... he seems like one of those guys that you have to see play to really judge and not by simply looking at highlights... he's not flashy and from all the highlights i saw i was really not impress by his offence... all his goals were random screened shots who got in or tap in goal in the crease or kind of johnny on the spot kinda goal. Of course its a skill to know where to go and everything but anyway... 

but you cant deny the good things he's doing when you look at his numbers and the team hes playing on so he's definitely doing something right and he's big

Edited by SterioDesign, 29 April 2013 - 10:51 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#382 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lottery is 8 PM tonight...2.7% baby

Edit: Missed the sticky, whoops

Edited by Devilsfan118, 29 April 2013 - 11:55 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#383 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm not usually a big NHL draft guy but the fact this year is in Newark it may be an interesting experience.

I know ticket prices and details haven't been announced yet. Has anyone been to another NHL draft? How much do tickets usually run? Are all the concessions open? What's the atmosphere like?

Tickets are free of you get them from the team. Prices on the secondary market may go up to 20

#384 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Tickets are free of you get them from the team. Prices on the secondary market may go up to 20

How do you get them from the team? Just walk up that day or do you have to be STH?

#385 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

How do you get them from the team? Just walk up that day or do you have to be STH?

STH have priority, and any other tickets still not used are open to the public. At least that is how others have gone

#386 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

the draft is 100% run by the NHL, NOT the Devils. STH are going to be given two tickets per account (not per seat). They expect concessions to be open on the concourses but not the lounge.

they have no idea where the seats that sth will be or even if they'll be assigned - they know that there will be areas specifically assigned to the NHL which means the picks and their families.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
Shameless Business Plug - Shop at Capitol Lighting and
1-800lighting.com - Use code NJDEVS10 for 10% OFF

#387 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Jesus, a thought just dawned on me. Could you imagine Lou negotiating with Seth Jones' agent, Jay-Z?

#388 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Idk if it has been asked, but how would people go about getting ticket for the draft?

815631765.gif

#389 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Jesus, a thought just dawned on me. Could you imagine Lou negotiating with Seth Jones' agent, Jay-Z?

I think that's when Lou resigns :P

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#390 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

The Devils draft picks by round and overall: 1 (9), 2 (39), 4 (100), 6 (160)

TSN's Top 10

1. D Seth Jones
2. C Nate MacKinnon
3. LW Jonathan Drouin
4. C Aleksander Barkov
5. LW Valeri Nichushkin
6. C Elias Lindholm
7. C Sean Monahan
8. D Rasmus Ristolainen
9. D Nikita Zadorov
T-10. C/RW Hunter Shinkaruk
T-10. D Darnell Nurse
HM: C/LW Max Domi

Interesting to see they have Nurse behind Ristolainen and Zadorov. I'm happy with the Devils being at 9. I think Shinkaruk is most likely to be there but who knows if Lindholm or Monahan fall.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#391 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Devils draft picks by round and overall: 1 (9), 2 (39), 4 (100), 6 (160)

TSN's Top 10

1. D Seth Jones
2. C Nate MacKinnon
3. LW Jonathan Drouin
4. C Aleksander Barkov
5. LW Valeri Nichushkin
6. C Elias Lindholm
7. C Sean Monahan
8. D Rasmus Ristolainen
9. D Nikita Zadorov
T-10. C/RW Hunter Shinkaruk
T-10. D Darnell Nurse
HM: C/LW Max Domi

Interesting to see they have Nurse behind Ristolainen and Zadorov. I'm happy with the Devils being at 9. I think Shinkaruk is most likely to be there but who knows if Lindholm or Monahan fall.

It's not unusual to see one or two guys fall, so it won't shock me if the Devils get a shot at Nichushkin, Lindholm, or Monahan....of course, the Devils could get a shot and let those guys keep on falling. :lol:

It's probably been posted recently, but to put it next to the TSN top 10, this is where to find the ISS top 30, for anyone that wants to see it:  http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

1 Jones, Seth RD 10/3/1994 R 6.03.5 208 Portland WHL
2 Nichushkin, Valery F 3/4/1995 L 6.04 202 Chelyabinsk Traktor KHL
3 MacKinnon, Nathan C 9/1/1995 R 6.00 182 Halifax QMJHL
4 Drouin, Jonathan C 3/27/1995 L 5.10.75 185 Halifax QMJHL
5 Barkov, Sasha F 9/2/1995 L 6.03 209 Tappara FinE
6 Nurse, Darnell LD 2/4/1995 L 6.03.5 189 S.S. Marie OHL
7 Zadorov, Nikita LD 4/15/1995 L 6.05.25 230 London OHL
8 Lindholm, Elias C 12/2/1994 R 6.00 192 Brynas SweE
9 Monahan, Sean C 10/12/1994 L 6.02 186 Ottawa OHL
10 Horvat, Bo C 4/5/1995 L 6.00.25 200 London OHL

Edited by Devils731, 29 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#392 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

nichuskin is going to be interesting because of a question of how soon you can get him.

i think edmonton and carolina will go d.

one of lindholm/monahan/shinkaruk will be there.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
Shameless Business Plug - Shop at Capitol Lighting and
1-800lighting.com - Use code NJDEVS10 for 10% OFF

#393 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Keep saying it but Nichushkin would be perfect for NJ - don't need the help right away, let him mature, get some stopgaps, maybe he's ready in 2015 and comes over and scores 20 goals.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#394 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

nichuskin is going to be interesting because of a question of how soon you can get him.

i think edmonton and carolina will go d.

one of lindholm/monahan/shinkaruk will be there.

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#395 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they're not gonna trade them for someone in one of those slots. They want guys that can help now, that'd just set them back more since those guys probably aren't ready to come up unless someone Couturier-esque falls. They'll just fall farther behind losing two 60 point scorers

I'd imagine they'd only trade one of them in a package for someone like Shea Weber 

Edited by DH26, 29 April 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#396 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

For the sake of fun speculating, I wonder if Edmonton trades one of RNH or Eberle for a pick in the 5 to 10 range. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they're not gonna trade them for someone in one of those slots. They want guys that can help now, that'd just set them back more since those guys probably aren't ready to come up unless someone Couturier-esque falls. They'll just fall farther behind losing two 60 point scorers

I'd imagine they'd only trade one of them in a package for someone like Shea Weber

I envision them trading only one of them.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#397 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm very confused...Why in a million years would they do this? They have the 7th pick anyway. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#398 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm very confused...Why in a million years would they do this? They have the 7th pick anyway.

To double up in what is supposed to be a great draft and be in a position to get another great player to match a need, I.e. defense.

Posted Image

#399 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

To double up in what is supposed to be a great draft and be in a position to get another great player to match a need, I.e. defense. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Oilers aren't trading a 1st overall pick (two years removed) for a 5-10 pick. That is a little nutty. I don't see them dealing Eberle either. They are looking to get better right now and not prolong any rebuild. They have a ton of forward depth to quickly improve on defense if they chose. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#400 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

So it appears the irony of the  AVS winning 2013 draft lottery will be, Seth Jones going to Denver, where he grew up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users