#541 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

i think i'd be pretty down for that for sure actually

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#542 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

its really starting to hit me how much i would love to get Nichushkin in a devils uni.  The size, speed, and raw skill- the kid is going to be a star, I know it.

Just watch this video and try to tell me he doesn't remind you exactly of Malkin

#543 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I know some people from HF are meeting up at the Ale House before the draft. How would everyone here feel about having our own pre-draft get together? Whether it be at the Ale House or Dino's or someplace.

Is this in NYC or Hoboken?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#544 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Is this in NYC or Hoboken?

Probably Newark.

And reading HF Devils makes we want to strangle myself

#545 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Probably Newark.

And reading HF Devils makes we want to strangle myself

word i don't know of any bars around the stadium but im still down for whatever. if there is a nice bar besides ale house to avoid HF lol

#546 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Anybody know the chances that Nichushkin will still be at #9? I didn't really research this years draft class too much, but that is the player I want.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#547 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Anybody know the chances that Nichushkin will still be at #9? I didn't really research this years draft class too much, but that is the player I want.

Not good. Hes been said to be one of the best players in the draft. His attitude seems to be the main reason his stock will fall a bit. But even then, hes so good I dont see him falling to 9th. Hes projected to go 5th I think so 4 teams would have to pass up on him most likely.

#548 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Not good. Hes been said to be one of the best players in the draft. His attitude seems to be the main reason his stock will fall a bit. But even then, hes so good I dont see him falling to 9th. Hes projected to go 5th I think so 4 teams would have to pass up on him most likely.

Thanks! I see the Canes have the #5 spot, they are pretty set on offense but I wouldn't mind trading Fayne or another defenseman to get that pick.

Edited by Zubie#8, 06 June 2013 - 03:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#549 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

word i don't know of any bars around the stadium but im still down for whatever. if there is a nice bar besides ale house to avoid HF lol

I always assumed that either most people on NJDevs either posted on HF or had this friendly rivarly/ignored them. In any event I would suggest Dino's or a place close to the Prudential Center. What's the point of going to the city and then just coming back to the the Rock a few hours later.

n2eg.jpg

#550 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

yea he's not falling to 9th.  We would almost definitely have to trade up to get him, which is something I'd certainly entertain

#551 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

i've been watching a lot of videos/highlight recently and i'm now really getting a grasp for how incredibly deep this draft is.  its unreal how much talent is in the top 10.  Even though he is ranked like 3rd, I feel like he isn't be talked about enough.  I really feel like he'll give MacKinnon a run for his money when it comes to being a star in this league.

I'm so pumped for this draft, it's gonna be a great one

#552 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

I always assumed that either most people on NJDevs either posted on HF or had this friendly rivarly/ignored them. In any event I would suggest Dino's or a place close to the Prudential Center. What's the point of going to the city and then just coming back to the the Rock a few hours later.

Dino BBQ is da sh!t. I had a horrific experience last time I was there when some hostess came over and bitched at my table like we stole it and then gave me the hand when I asked her what her name was, but then the manager gave me her card and said I can get reservations on a game day, lol. So it worked out I guess, lol.

The food there is pretty damn good. It's my preferred pre-game destination now.

On Nichuskin, the kid looks like Malkin, but a Malkin that uses his body more. Malkin isn't really one to drive through traffic using body position on his way to the net, he's more of a fancy deke guy, but if Malkin just powered to the net, who exactly is strong enough to stop him at full speed? That's what I see in Nichuskin.

#553 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Dino BBQ is da sh!t. I had a horrific experience last time I was there when some hostess came over and bitched at my table like we stole it and then gave me the hand when I asked her what her name was, but then the manager gave me her card and said I can get reservations on a game day, lol. So it worked out I guess, lol.

On Nichuskin, the kid looks like Malkin, but a Malkin that uses his body more. Malkin isn't really one to drive through traffic using body position on his way to the net, he's more of a fancy deke guy, but if Malkin just powered to the net, who exactly is strong enough to stop him at full speed? That's what I see in Nichuskin.

awesome and awesome.  Nichuskin has so much promise its ridiculous

and i dont see why a bbq place isn't the perfect place to go, hell ya

#554 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Actually sounds a lot more like Kovalchuk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#555 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Actually sounds a lot more like Kovalchuk. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

na Kovy brings more of a 'sniper' game.  this kid throws his body at the net

#556 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Nichushkin looks like pure gold to me. Feels unrealistic however. :|

Posted Image

#557 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Based on everything I've read on Nichushkin he should be the #1 pick. Players like that are one every 10 years.  If Carolina gets him to go with their other offensive pieces they are going be ridiculous up front.  The Devils have no shot at him and trading up for him is not likely.

#558 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Based on everything I've read on Nichushkin he should be the #1 pick. Players like that are one every 10 years.  If Carolina gets him to go with their other offensive pieces they are going be ridiculous up front.  The Devils have no shot at him and trading up for him is not likely.

I dunno what you've been reading but nobody else thinks that. It's Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin in the top 3 then Barkov for sure 

na Kovy brings more of a 'sniper' game.  this kid throws his body at the net

hopefully for his sake he's willing to go after rebounds unlike Nikita "Filly doesn't do rebounds" Filatov 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#559 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

I dunno what you've been reading but nobody else thinks that. It's Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin in the top 3 then Barkov for sure 

hopefully for his sake he's willing to go after rebounds unlike Nikita "Filly doesn't do rebounds" Filatov 

i think thats exactly his point.  like based on the potential and whatnot he's read about, he thinks he should be ranked #1, instead of where he is ranked now.

and i personally would agree.  I seriously could even put Drouin up there, watch highlights on him and he is just as nasty

#560 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nichushkin looks like pure gold to me. Feels unrealistic however. :|

He is the one with the KHL baggage correct? I don't think it's THAT unrealistic. Filip Forsberg dropped to 11th last year with significantly less (if any) baggage.

And yeah I think Dino's would be perfect. Draft festivities start at 3 right? So would 11:30 sound about right for a NJDevs meetup or later/eariler? (for anyone that wishes to attend)

n2eg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users