1269 replies to this topic

#561 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hockey Prospect praises Nichushkin's use of his size and skating, comparing him to Malkin and Galchenyuk, to go along with great hands and a "better than average NHL shot." However, they note he can be a bit selfish and will force shots rather than pass when it's the better option despite having strong passing ability. He's also known to take shifts off and not always be competitive outside the offensive zone. That's not a stereotype due to his nationality - these scouts have watched him a lot over the past 2 years. From what I've read, I still think Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, and Barkov are better prospects. Doubt Nichushkin slips to 9 but would be happy if he did.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#562 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,846 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Any word on tickets to the draft? I've seen NOTHING from the Devils. Anyone have any info? I was really hoping to go.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#563 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Any word on tickets to the draft? I've seen NOTHING from the Devils. Anyone have any info? I was really hoping to go.

This came from the Devils to STH today:

Colin,

We are extremely excited to be hosting the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center on Sunday, June 30th, starting at 3pm. As valued member of our Devils Army family, we hope that you will join us as Newark takes “center stage” for one of the NHL’s premier events. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

With NHL guests, team personnel from 30 clubs, television needs, player prospects and their families occupying the lower bowl, we are pleased to make available seats in the 100 and 200 level for all season ticket holders. Tickets in these sections will be “General Admission.” Through special arrangement, we will allow access to Season Ticket Holders before the general public, so that you will have access to sit in the top seat locations available.

You may also request up to six additional General Admission tickets on top of the two tickets you are guaranteed. To claim your two guaranteed tickets (and request additional tickets if applicable), you must CLICK HERE and submit a request by no later than Friday, June 14th. As inventory is tight, please only request additional tickets for fans that you know will be making use of them on Draft day. Once the June 14th deadline has passed, we will put your two guaranteed tickets on your “My Devils Account” online. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Account”.

As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Thanks,
Your Fan Experience Team
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#564 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd pay a STH for 2 tix if I don't win the contest

#565 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

i think taking barkov over Nichuskin would be a mistake... but please do it Nashville...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#566 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

i think taking barkov over Nichuskin would be a mistake... but please do it Nashville...

I'd take Barkov instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#567 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

This came from the Devils to STH today:

Colin,

We are extremely excited to be hosting the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center on Sunday, June 30th, starting at 3pm. As valued member of our Devils Army family, we hope that you will join us as Newark takes “center stage” for one of the NHL’s premier events. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

With NHL guests, team personnel from 30 clubs, television needs, player prospects and their families occupying the lower bowl, we are pleased to make available seats in the 100 and 200 level for all season ticket holders. Tickets in these sections will be “General Admission.” Through special arrangement, we will allow access to Season Ticket Holders before the general public, so that you will have access to sit in the top seat locations available.

You may also request up to six additional General Admission tickets on top of the two tickets you are guaranteed. To claim your two guaranteed tickets (and request additional tickets if applicable), you must CLICK HERE and submit a request by no later than Friday, June 14th. As inventory is tight, please only request additional tickets for fans that you know will be making use of them on Draft day. Once the June 14th deadline has passed, we will put your two guaranteed tickets on your “My Devils Account” online. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Account”.

As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Thanks,
Your Fan Experience Team

What. What is this. I'm a STH and I didn't get this E-mail. Lmao. I wonder if I could reserve by phone by calling my rep or something.

Also I rather have Barkov too but Nichuskin seems like he'd be a much more realistic option.

Edited by TheMazz, 06 June 2013 - 09:00 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#568 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

He is the one with the KHL baggage correct? I don't think it's THAT unrealistic. Filip Forsberg dropped to 11th last year with significantly less (if any) baggage.

And yeah I think Dino's would be perfect. Draft festivities start at 3 right? So would 11:30 sound about right for a NJDevs meetup or later/eariler? (for anyone that wishes to attend)

Dino's food is overrated and their bar area is small even without the stools. Plan on it being packed beyond belief.

EAH is far better

Looks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.

Thanks Devils

#569 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Dino's food is overrated and their bar area is small even without the stools. Plan on it being packed beyond belief.

EAH is far better

I mean we could always combine the HF & NJDevs thing and have one big massive forums meet up. I have no problem with the people on HF. Not sure if that is the case for everyone here though. So if anyone has suggestions...places, times...etc I'd be open. This is the first time I'd ever suggested a meet up before. Haha.

n2eg.jpg

#570 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

EAH is far better

Looks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.

Thanks Devils

yea, fvck.  i was hoping to luck out.  if i dont win that contest im gonna have to bum tickets too

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#571 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,846 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

I also will be bumming it would appear. Although I did notice they mentioned they were making tickets available to STH's 'before the general public', so maybe there will be a small number of tickets released for general consumption.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#572 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

god forbid the devils make money by selling a few when we'd lap them up. Why give STHs up to 8 TICKETS????? That's ridiculous and complete stupidity if they don't sell any at all 

Edited by DH26, 06 June 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#573 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

god forbid the devils make money by selling a few when we'd lap them up. Why give STHs up to 8 TICKETS????? That's ridiculous and complete stupidity if they don't sell any at all

Pittsburgh didn't sell any tickets last year and as far as I know no teams sell tickets to it, at least anymore.. Maybe it's an NHL rule, it's not like the Devils don't know they need money.. Plus, they're rewarding their STH significantly well, which helps with retention and sales

It's pretty awesome that STH get a specially created ticket for the draft.. I save all of my game tickets so this will look great in the collection book
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#574 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

EAH is far betterLooks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.
Thanks Devils

Could not disagree more.. Edison Ale House is great, but its not unique.. Beer, burgers, pizza, etc is more common than BBQ, let alone great BBQ.. I love Dino, its very unique and I don't go during peak hours to avoid the crowds
Posted Image

#575 ilene908

ilene908

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

i may have an extra ticket. 

im asking my family if they would like to go  if not i let you know.

#576 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Could not disagree more.. Edison Ale House is great, but its not unique.. Beer, burgers, pizza, etc is more common than BBQ, let alone great BBQ.. I love Dino, its very unique and I don't go during peak hours to avoid the crowds

The quality of Dino's BBQ is average at best. My ribs were tough and dry as could be and the sides were just ok. The sauces they had for the ribs were a little on the bland side too. I'd take an ordinary burger done well than a unique rack of ribs that taste terrible.

#577 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

The quality of Dino's BBQ is average at best. My ribs were tough and dry as could be and the sides were just ok. The sauces they had for the ribs were a little on the bland side too. I'd take an ordinary burger done well than a unique rack of ribs that taste terrible.

Disagree.  Pulled pork sandwich was real good.  I also sometimes just get the mac and cheese as a snack with a beer, which they have a pretty good selection.  You'll probably end up spending less money in Dino than the other places, especially since the Arena Bar is gone. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#578 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Actually sounds a lot more like Kovalchuk. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can see shades of Kovy because this kid is big and good with his hands, but Kovy doesn't try to run around the outside of people an cut to the net that much, Nichuskin is more power forward, Kovy is a sniper, I think they'd be perfect complements.

Edited by ATLL765, 07 June 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#579 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

You can see shades of Kovy because this kid is big and good with his hands, but Kovy doesn't try to run around the outside of people an cut to the net that much, Nichuskin is more power forward, Kovy is a sniper, I think they'd be perfect complements.

Yeah, I realize that now.  Was a lazy comparison.  Maybe Rick Nash is a better comparison than Malkin though.

Posted Image

#580 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I realize that now. Was a lazy comparison. Maybe Rick Nash is a better comparison than Malkin though.

Nash is the one I've often heard too. Nash probably has better hands but Nichuskin likes to use his body more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users