1269 replies to this topic

#621 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well, if anyone has a couple extras they'd be willing to part with, please PM me and let me know. Looks like I missed the entry deadline for the raffle.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#622 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yes - I am looking for 2 tix as well!

My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#623 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

http://calgaryjourna....nter-shinkaruk

Great piece on the guy i want us to draft!

My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#624 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yeah Shinkaruk would be awesome. Reminds me of #9 with a better shot

#625 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I got a call from the team a few days ago trying to hawk season tickets b/c I entered the raffle thingy. Dude said the drawing is "next week" so that pretty much toes the line with the 21st. The guy I spoke to (his name escapes me) said there will be "lots" of winners. 

#626 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I got a call from the team a few days ago trying to hawk season tickets b/c I entered the raffle thingy. Dude said the drawing is "next week" so that pretty much toes the line with the 21st. The guy I spoke to (his name escapes me) said there will be "lots" of winners.

niiiice comin up in a few days!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#627 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

If it is 500 seats, 2 per winner, then there are 250 winners.  That is a lot.

But imagine how many entries there are?  I would not be surprised at over 10,000 entries.  That gives you a 2.5% of winning a pair.

#628 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Shinkaruk's stock seems to be rising lately. Apparently he's a really talented goal scorer, drawing some Parise comparisons from certain people. I'm starting to think that he's our most likely guy, unless Buffalo picks him and leaves us one of the Europeans...which of course, is what I'm hoping for. I don't know, for some reason I just can't see the Devils drafting Shinkaruk, though.

Most mocks have Carolina choosing a defenseman, despite their GM hinting (or full-on stating?) that he wants to go for a forward. I still don't know why both Carolina and Edmonton are opting to add forwards when Nurse and Ristolainen both have good shots at becoming franchise defensemen, which is exactly what they need (lol Schultz).

As a Sabres fan I would be very happy if they took Shinkaruk, as he can play LW and given that the Sabres took 2 Centers in last year's draft, not sure if i see the Sabres going Center again this season. 

Now given that the Sabres have picks 8 and 16 I do wonder if the Sabres will try to move up, if there is ever a draft to do this, this would be the one.  Would absolutely love to see Buffalo go up and get Drouin, but I don't see the Top 3 budging unless they are blown away with an offer.

I don't get why Seth Jones is seen as the clear #1: NHL.com talks about Storylines...if GM's base their pick, especially a #1 overall pick, off of a storyline, that GM will be unemployed quick. To me MacKinnon is the logical pick for Colorado, with a team with a lot of needs, I wouldn't take a defenseman #1 overall.

Also a big fan of Ristolainen, but I am not sure if I see the Devils taking 2 defenseman in the Top 10 over the last 3 seasons (Larsson)...so Lindholm would be a sweet pick at 9 IMO.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#629 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

I just looked on my devils account about an hour ago and I found 8 tickets...I tried to print them but the button didn't work.

I just logged back on and it shows I only have 4 tickets, anyone else check yet?

#630 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

I just looked on my devils account about an hour ago and I found 8 tickets...I tried to print them but the button didn't work.

I just logged back on and it shows I only have 4 tickets, anyone else check yet?

I checked. It says I have 4. I had requested 4 additional, so I'm not sure if they gave me just 2, or they haven't put our season ticket ones in yet. (I have 2 seats on my season tix).

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#631 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

As a Sabres fan I would be very happy if they took Shinkaruk, as he can play LW and given that the Sabres took 2 Centers in last year's draft, not sure if i see the Sabres going Center again this season. 

Now given that the Sabres have picks 8 and 16 I do wonder if the Sabres will try to move up, if there is ever a draft to do this, this would be the one.  Would absolutely love to see Buffalo go up and get Drouin, but I don't see the Top 3 budging unless they are blown away with an offer.

I don't get why Seth Jones is seen as the clear #1: NHL.com talks about Storylines...if GM's base their pick, especially a #1 overall pick, off of a storyline, that GM will be unemployed quick. To me MacKinnon is the logical pick for Colorado, with a team with a lot of needs, I wouldn't take a defenseman #1 overall.

Also a big fan of Ristolainen, but I am not sure if I see the Devils taking 2 defenseman in the Top 10 over the last 3 seasons (Larsson)...so Lindholm would be a sweet pick at 9 IMO.

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#632 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

I checked. It says I have 4. I had requested 4 additional, so I'm not sure if they gave me just 2, or they haven't put our season ticket ones in yet. (I have 2 seats on my season tix).

I requested 6 additional on top of the 2 that come with the sth account, but I don't know why the other 4 disappeared from my account...

#633 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Four draft tickets were posted to my account.

I requested an additional four not including my original two.

I'm happy with what I got.

Edited by GoArmySports, 17 June 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#634 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

Seems like Drouin might be the best combo of safe/fit for them and Pronman has him rated higher than Jones/MacKinnon. Doesn't seem to be metnioned for #1 much though

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#635 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Do you see Buffalo definitely going with a forward with the #8? I'm not really sure what makes most sense for them. 16 might miss Zadorov, Nurse, and Ristolainen (although it's probably pretty unlikely) and they're going to need some defense for the future, I think. Who do Sabres fans generally see the team getting with the 8th pick?

As far as Jones goes, what storyline are you referring to? Is it the fact that he grew up in Colorado? I recall him being ranked at #1 before Colorado was set to draft first. It seems MacKinnon was the main guy in this draft class until the world juniors, where Jones supposedly really distinguished himself. 

#636 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Four draft tickets were posted to my account.

I requested an additional four not including my original two.

I'm happy with what I got.

Are the tix in our accounts the extras? I got 4 as well and don't want to promise them to 4 people if I'll need 2 of those for my gf and I

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#637 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Are the tix in our accounts the extras? I got 4 as well and don't want to promise them to 4 people if I'll need 2 of those for my gf and I

Hmmmmm I'm not sure. I thought since i had four seats posted to my account i got the two i was entitled to and two extras. But didn't the Devils say we were going to get commentrative stubs or something like that? I automatically assumed they would need to picked up at will call.

Yep....just checked and the email said we would receive "Souviner Draft Tickets" so I think the extras may be the ones posted in our account but I'm still not sure.

Edited by GoArmySports, 17 June 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#638 ilene908

ilene908

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

i have 4 tickets in my devils account

#639 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Seems like Drouin might be the best combo of safe/fit for them and Pronman has him rated higher than Jones/MacKinnon. Doesn't seem to be metnioned for #1 much though

i think Drouin is the best player in the draft

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#640 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

When all is settled, there's a possibility I may need one or three draft tickets, so all you season ticket holders who wind up with extras, kindly keep me in mind? :koolaid:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users