1269 replies to this topic

#641 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

If you have 4 tickets in your season ticket holder account, 2 of them are your "guaranteed" season ticket holder tickets, and 2 of them are your extras.

The commemorative season ticket holder stubs aren't going to be actual tickets to get in; they're just souvenir tickets you pick up inside.

Edited by JWomp, 18 June 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#642 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I really, really hope Nichushkin falls to 9.  Having Kovy, arguably the best (or more likely 2nd best) 2-way Russian forward in the game will do wonders for his development.

Crossing my fingers on this one.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#643 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yea. I'm hoping for Nichuskin as well, I think we're going to have to trade up to have a shot at him though. Out of all the buzz. he's got the most right now. If Carolina stays at 5, I'm thinking they're going to take him.

#644 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

did anyone else get the email about being seat fillers for the draft? That's one way in :P .....I might've filled it out immediately :P

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#645 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

Fair points indeed....unless the Avs trade O'Reilly at or before the draft, that would not surprise me....and given Stastny's injury woes...not sure he can be relied on over the long haul. Maybe the Avs can trade down 1-2 spots for someone who wants MacKinnon and pikc up more picks and still get Jones

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#646 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

did anyone else get the email about being seat fillers for the draft? That's one way in :P .....I might've filled it out immediately :P

Yeah and that could be kinda cool.

I am still hoping to win a pair from the raffle.  If not I know a STH who said I could bum a couple of tickets off of him.

#647 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Most interesting:

Report: Colorado Avalanche likely to pass on Seth Jones

Joe Sakic, the executive vice president of hockey operations for the Avalanche, told The Denver Post on Tuesday night they will pass on the top-rated defenseman and instead choose between forwards Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin or Alexander Barkov.

"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards," Sakic told the paper. "We feel those three forwards are just too good to pass up."

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#648 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Assuming the Avs aren't bluffing, I'm really surprised they wouldn't take Jones. They have a nice group of young, talented forwards and I think Jones has the highest upside in the draft. Though forwards tend to hit their peak faster than defenseman so perhaps they think a player like MacKinnon or Drouin can help them sooner. I'm sure Florida won't mind if Colorado passes on Jones.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#649 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Assuming the Avs aren't bluffing, I'm really surprised they wouldn't take Jones. They have a nice group of young, talented forwards and I think Jones has the highest upside in the draft. Though forwards tend to hit their peak faster than defenseman so perhaps they think a player like MacKinnon or Drouin can help them sooner. I'm sure Florida won't mind if Colorado passes on Jones.

Adrian Dater (Avs beat guy) doesn't think it's a bluff. He could be wrong, but hes one of the better beat guys out there. 

http://blogs.denverp...-a-bluff/13883/

#650 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Adrian Dater (Avs beat guy) doesn't think it's a bluff. He could be wrong, but hes one of the better beat guys out there. 

http://blogs.denverp...-a-bluff/13883/

Dater is good, but he's also covering an organisation that's about as transparent as the Devils. What is true and what isn't...we'll see.

I'm thinking this is an attempt to drive up the bidding for the #1 pick. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#651 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Can't believe the draft is a little over a week and a half away.

I feel like we're experiencing the 'calm before the storm' before the draft and UFA hits.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#652 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Dater is good, but he's also covering an organisation that's about as transparent as the Devils. What is true and what isn't...we'll see.

I'm thinking this is an attempt to drive up the bidding for the #1 pick. 

Also now that Patrick Roy is there and by coaching in the Q he knows Mackinnon and Drouin pretty well seeing them play often so he may be more interested in those guys knowing exactly what they bring

Edited by SterioDesign, 19 June 2013 - 08:09 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#653 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I guess this is the end of Stastny soon in Colorado if they take MacKinnon. Maybe they want ROR to be the super 3rd line center a la Staal in Pittsburgh before he got traded

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#654 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Also now that Patrick Roy is there and by coaching in the Q he knows Mackinnon and Drouin pretty well seeing them play often so he may be more interested in those guys knowing exactly what they bring

If I'm an Avs fan I'd be worried about Roy's influence/opinion on this and the next draft or two. Leave scouting and drafting to the scouts.

#655 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

If I'm an Avs fan I'd be worried about Roy's influence/opinion on this and the next draft or two. Leave scouting and drafting to the scouts.

well i could be wrong that was totally a guess by me

www.SterioDesign.com

#656 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

If you have 4 tickets in your season ticket holder account, 2 of them are your "guaranteed" season ticket holder tickets, and 2 of them are your extras.

The commemorative season ticket holder stubs aren't going to be actual tickets to get in; they're just souvenir tickets you pick up inside.

Wooooow.. Almost gave away all 4 of my tickets to the draft.. They should have been clearer on that to avoid confusion.. I guarantee some people give away their tickets and then can't get in

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#657 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

Really surprised the Avs would pass on Jones.  He seemed like such a natural fit there.  However, MacKinnon is a beast and its really a choice between 2 #1's that they have. 

Just saying...maybe Roy's a racist and that's why they are passing on Jones  :whistling:  (just kidding).

Posted Image

#658 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

well i could be wrong that was totally a guess by me

Yes, but it's not totally farfetched. :)

#659 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

This is on the devils website. Everyone got just 2 additional tickets.

NHL DRAFT TICKETS
You can now log into your My Devils Account to print your General Admission Draft Tickets for free. There has been a tremendous response from our passionate fans requesting tickets, however we are happy to report for all those accounts that asked for additional tickets, we were able to provide each of you with two additional General Admission tickets. If you requested additional tickets, the two additional tickets will also appear on your My Devils Account, and may be printed for free once you log-in.

#660 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Kinda bummed these tickets weren't made public.  My Dad and I would've loved to go to see a few rounds and grab a bite to eat around the arena.

believe-ll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users