www.SterioDesign.com

#1022 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,162 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

TG retweeted pics of what championship plaza looks like now.  Looks like a row of tents along by Dino BBQ wall with piles of sand.  There is also one of those watergun midway games by the back wall closer to EAH.

#1023 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Aaron Vickers (Future Considerations) Mock Draft

9th: New Jersey Devils – Elias Lindholm – The all-round player can play both ends of the ice but is particularly controlling in the offensive zone. - See more at: http://futureconside...h.x8K2hCb5.dpuf

Corey Pronman (Hockey Prospectus) Mock Draft

9. New Jersey Devils, C Max Domi, London Knights (OHL)

It is very uncommon for a team to notably incorporate organizational need at this high point in the draft. That being said, the Devils have high-end quality in their prospect pool at defense to couple with former lottery pick Adam Larsson, while they are starving for some skill in their pipeline. The top forwards here are also arguably the best players available. The pick could be Shinkaruk, Max Domi, or Swedish forward Alex Wennberg. I have also heard there is an outside shot of Curtis Lazar going at this selection.

I'd prefer Shinkaruk or even Horvat to Domi if the top forward prospects are off the board.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1024 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Guys act like Newark is Camden sheshh

#1025 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Guys act like Newark is Camden sheshh

I know, people afraid of downtown at night. I mean, I wouldn't go wandering up Clinton Ave, but I feel pretty damn safe downtown, even late at night.

Rule of thumb about bad areas. If the homies ain't yelling "eyyyy yoooerp" or yelling about how they "got dat diesel" while trying to flag you down, you're fine. If they are, would you like some drugs then? lol.

#1026 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Where do you guys think Spencer Martin and Erik Comrie will land and could we target one of them if Fucale goes in the first round?

#1027 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Anyone have an extra pair of tickets to the draft? I haven't been able to acquire any yet.

Thanks

#1028 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,495 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm in the same boat as Snartly, although I did enter a new raffle they were having (haven't heard anything yet). If anyone has a couple extras, PM me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1029 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Where do you guys think Spencer Martin and Erik Comrie will land and could we target one of them if Fucale goes in the first round?

I'm adding in Jarry since I'm a fan of his. Jarry will probably be a 2nd round guy, Martin a 3rd/4th round guy, and Comrie a 3rd round guy based off their rankings.

Spencer Martin
- 6th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 89th Overall Future Considerations
- 6th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 73rd Overall Hockey Prospect
- 5th amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Eric Comrie
- 4th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 63rd Overall Future Considerations
- 4th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 67th Overall Hockey Prospect
- 2nd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Tristan Jarry
- 2nd amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 58th Overall Future Considerations
- 2nd amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 57th Overall Hockey Prospect
- 3rd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

I'm a fan of Jarry but the only way the Devils would be able to get him would be at 39 and I would rather not use the 2nd round pick on a G in a deep draft like this. Infact, I'd rather not draft a G at all this year since the draft is deep, the Devils only have 4 picks (as of now), and they have Wedgewood and Kinkaid in the system.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1030 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

What do you guys think of Wennberg? Another Swede, I know, but I get the feeling that he's underrated because of this strong draft class. He's mostly being predicted to go closer to 15 than 9, but he could be a good fit for this team. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading down (if Nichuskin, Lindholm, and Monahan are off the table) if they're targeting a player like Wennberg.

#1031 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

What do you guys think of Wennberg? Another Swede, I know, but I get the feeling that he's underrated because of this strong draft class. He's mostly being predicted to go closer to 15 than 9, but he could be a good fit for this team. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading down (if Nichuskin, Lindholm, and Monahan are off the table) if they're targeting a player like Wennberg.

I've seen him listed at a few different heights and weights so I'll go with TSN's 6'1, 174 lbs. Seems to be ranked consistently just out of the top 10 by Future Considerations (13th), Hockey Prospect (12th), TSN (12th), Craig Button (12th), ISS (15th), McKeen's (13th). First thing that stands out to me is that he needs to add some muscle to that frame and would probably be best served spending next year in Sweden as he continues to grow.

From what I've read on him he seems to be an excellent skater who is strong on his skates and agile along the boards which helps him control the puck. Seems like he has excellent hockey sense and is always in the right position in all zones. Seems like he is more developed defensively than offensively at this point. From the Hockey Prospect guide I get the impression he is a mature kid on and off the ice.

His shot is considered a bit of a work in progress and his offensive game seems raw. I think he'd be the type of prospect best suited to not rush into the NHL and give him a few years to develop. I won't be upset if the move back and grab him but there are some other prospects I like a bit more than him.

#1032 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Is the arena going to be packed for this thing? It seems like tickets have been so hard to come by.

#1033 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Is the arena going to be packed for this thing? It seems like tickets have been so hard to come by.

I'm sure it will be in the beginning of the draft with all the players, families, and most fans will really care more about the 1st round than anything else. I'm sure as round by round progresses and it gets late in the day for a Sunday it will empty out. I'm very fortunate to be going now.

#1034 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm adding in Jarry since I'm a fan of his. Jarry will probably be a 2nd round guy, Martin a 3rd/4th round guy, and Comrie a 3rd round guy based off their rankings.

Spencer Martin
- 6th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 89th Overall Future Considerations
- 6th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 73rd Overall Hockey Prospect
- 5th amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Eric Comrie
- 4th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 63rd Overall Future Considerations
- 4th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 67th Overall Hockey Prospect
- 2nd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Tristan Jarry
- 2nd amongst Goalies by Future Considerations
- 58th Overall Future Considerations
- 2nd amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect
- 57th Overall Hockey Prospect
- 3rd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

I'm a fan of Jarry but the only way the Devils would be able to get him would be at 39 and I would rather not use the 2nd round pick on a G in a deep draft like this. Infact, I'd rather not draft a G at all this year since the draft is deep, the Devils only have 4 picks (as of now), and they have Wedgewood and Kinkaid in the system.

If we traded back for a late first rounder I would take Fucale. Would be amazing if he's there in the second round, or Petan.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1035 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

If we traded back for a late first rounder I would take Fucale. Would be amazing if he's there in the second round, or Petan.

There are so many forwards I like that will go in the 1st round. If the Devils traded back and had 2 picks in the 1st, I'd rather pick up 2 of Horvat/Wennberg/Zykov/Domi/Lazar/Hartman/Klimchuk (add Shinkaruk to that if he was to fall). With the praise Fucale has earned and the reviews I've read on him, I won't whine if he would be the 2nd 1st round pick but I wouldn't be hoping for it.

I should note I have a bias towards players with size so naturally I'm not a huge fan of Petan, even if he drops to the 2nd round. His offensive skills are elite but there a lot of concerns about how a small player, who already isn't physical, will adapt to the next level. Domi may also be small but I think Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect had an interesting quote on this:

Quotable: “I really like Petan. I had a lot of people ask me why is Domi ranked higher? For me it’s two reasons. First, Domi has a very strong core. Secondly, I think Domi helped his line mates more than he was helped. Petan is smart and skilled but I think his line mates helped him out as well. Regardless, he’s a first rounder in my books. He’s small but elite.” Mark Edwards

Also there are a lot of of other prospects that I have more interest in for that 2nd round pick, even if Petan was available then.

#1036 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

There are so many forwards I like that will go in the 1st round. If the Devils traded back and had 2 picks in the 1st, I'd rather pick up 2 of Horvat/Wennberg/Zykov/Domi/Lazar/Hartman/Klimchuk (add Shinkaruk to that if he was to fall). With the praise Fucale has earned and the reviews I've read on him, I won't whine if he would be the 2nd 1st round

No Mantha? Most naturally gifted goalscorer in the draft according to various scouts.. You can always teach someone to play D..
Posted Image

#1037 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Anybody who's looking for 2 tickets to the draft. If my Father hasn't found a taker in the next couple hours, I'll have a pair to get rid of. Check back here later today, I will post when I know for sure.

On another note, is anyone planning on going to the Top Prospects Clinic at 1:30 today? I saw TG tweet that it was open to the public.

#1038 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sign me up for Ristolainen, don't draft by need. A you can grab a nice potential center early in the second round. Ristolainen's shot is too good not to translate to the NHL in terms of offense. His release is lightning fast, he has the hardest shot in the draft and he is right handed. You can always unload defensmen for forwards.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1039 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ristolainen

Dauphin

It isn't sexy picks but it is the way NJ should go. Maybe move Fayne for a winger.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1040 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Sign me up for Ristolainen, don't draft by need. A you can grab a nice potential center early in the second round. Ristolainen's shot is too good not to translate to the NHL in terms of offense. His release is lightning fast, he has the hardest shot in the draft and he is right handed. You can always unload defensmen for forwards.

I don't necessarily think a right shot is that important anymore. Larsson, Fayne and Severson are righties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users