1242 replies to this topic

#1041 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,918 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Anybody who's looking for 2 tickets to the draft. If my Father hasn't found a taker in the next couple hours, I'll have a pair to get rid of. Check back here later today, I will post when I know for sure.
On another note, is anyone planning on going to the Top Prospects Clinic at 1:30 today? I saw TG tweet that it was open to the public.

. Definitely interested, if you get them can you PM me ATL? Thanks, been looking for 2 for a while.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1042 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I don't necessarily think a right shot is that important anymore. Larsson, Fayne and Severson are righties

I really believe Fayne needs to be moved for some offensive help. NJ would be foolish to fill all these needs through FA. Maybe Fayne to Edmonton for Hemsky type trade.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1043 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I really believe Fayne needs to be moved for some offensive help. NJ would be foolish to fill all these needs through FA. Maybe Fayne to Edmonton for Hemsky type trade.

Fayne's good, but not good enough to bring back a Hemsky level player. We need offense and even though we have good D Men the #9 pick is our best shot at getting good offense.

#1044 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

With the draft tomorrow does anybody know any mobile apps that will send alerts when trades occur? I may be away from the tv and miss a lot of the draft but to get alerts on any trades would be nice.

Also to add my worthless opinion on the draft - if the Devils dont draft a scori g forward ill be bummed.

#1045 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Fayne's good, but not good enough to bring back a Hemsky level player. We need offense and even though we have good D Men the #9 pick is our best shot at getting good offense.

Hemsky is a UFA next year and his soft as butter

#1046 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Fayne package could easily get Hemsky. Hemsky will be a UFA coming off two terrible years.

#1047 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Fayne package could easily get Hemsky. Hemsky will be a UFA coming off two terrible years.

Hemsky is also made of glass and can't finish a full season. We've all seen how dangerously thin we are at offense, the last thing we need is to be dangerously thin on defense.

#1048 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Even without Fayne on defense you would have Larsson, Greene, Tallinder, Gelinas, Urbom, Merrill, Zidlicky, Volchenkov, Salvador, Ristolainen, Harrold, Sversson. I don't think you need to worry about NJ being thin in the next 5 years.

#1049 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lindholm said he's playing in Sweden next year. I could see him sliding a bit and we don't necessarily need him in NJ yet

#1050 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Fayne himself is a UFA to be. So I think we're overrating his trade value just a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1051 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Lindholm said he's playing in Sweden next year. I could see him sliding a bit and we don't necessarily need him in NJ yet

that would be fvcking marvellous to land him. But i can't see the Sabres passing him if he's the only forward left. they are rebuilding so they dont need him next season either

www.SterioDesign.com

#1052 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Not sure its reliable, probly not and i cant see it but if true. fvck yes. 

@Hockey_tracker: Ottawa Sun reports if the #Hurricanes keep 5th overall, they will likely pick Nurse

Edited by SterioDesign, 29 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1053 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I really want Domi.  But, I would send 9 overall to Boston in a minute for Seguin.

#1054 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,918 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

Edited by MadDog2020, 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1055 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

They have to make room and the return for seguin who's really young could be very good especially if they get in a bidding war. Im sure they wouldnt move him for any offer either.

Flames offered their 3 first rounder for the first overall. Some crazy crazy things will happen tomorrow thats for sure

www.SterioDesign.com

#1056 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

They don't have room for him at center, which is his natural position. It sounds like they're not actively shopping so much as gauging interest to see If someone offers them the moon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1057 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

What about clarkson right vs horton rights?

#1058 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

What about clarkson right vs horton rights?

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

www.SterioDesign.com

#1059 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

If that's true about the flames, Colorado has to seriously consider that.

#1060 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

As far as im concerned... i would prefer Horton over clarkson Different style but Horton is better skill wise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users