1269 replies to this topic

#1081 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

Edited by MadDog2020, 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1082 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

They have to make room and the return for seguin who's really young could be very good especially if they get in a bidding war. Im sure they wouldnt move him for any offer either.

Flames offered their 3 first rounder for the first overall. Some crazy crazy things will happen tomorrow thats for sure

www.SterioDesign.com

#1083 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

They don't have room for him at center, which is his natural position. It sounds like they're not actively shopping so much as gauging interest to see If someone offers them the moon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1084 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

What about clarkson right vs horton rights?

#1085 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

What about clarkson right vs horton rights?

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

www.SterioDesign.com

#1086 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

If that's true about the flames, Colorado has to seriously consider that.

#1087 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

As far as im concerned... i would prefer Horton over clarkson Different style but Horton is better skill wise

#1088 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Horton is a lot better than clarkson. Maybe their production is similar (I havnt checked any numbers) but his Hockey sense blows Clarkson out of the water. Maybe Lou is willing to give Clarkson 5+ but I think he would be willing to offer that to Horton.

#1089 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Horton is a lot better than clarkson. Maybe their production is similar (I havnt checked any numbers) but his Hockey sense blows Clarkson out of the water. Maybe Lou is willing to give Clarkson 5+ but I think he would be willing to offer that to Horton.

well of course id take horton over clarkson any day of the week. But they still have a similar role in a team is what i meant. Point was that trading their rights would be useless at this points. we'd not have any leverage in negotiations.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1090 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

well of course id take horton over clarkson any day of the week. But they still have a similar role in a team is what i meant. Point was that trading their rights would be useless at this points. we'd not have any leverage in negotiations.

Yeah trading for rights is completely pointless. And yeah they would definitely play a similar role, just think Horton is much better than Clarkson in that role.

#1091 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah trading for rights is completely pointless. And yeah they would definitely play a similar role, just think Horton is much better than Clarkson in that role.

yeah even Clarkson's mom would agree with that im pretty sure

www.SterioDesign.com

#1092 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

No Mantha? Most naturally gifted goalscorer in the draft according to various scouts.. You can always teach someone to play D..

I liked Mantha earlier this season based on his size and numbers alone but from reading some draft guides he seems to have issues with his work ethic. He has a great shot and intelligence but Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect says he is really a boom or bust guy. I'd rather pass.

Ristolainen

Dauphin

It isn't sexy picks but it is the way NJ should go. Maybe move Fayne for a winger.

I'm still not the biggest Ristolainen fan. I didn't know anything about Dauphin but after reading Hockey Prospect's review on him, I'm sold. Seems like a strong willed player who is well rounded to contribute in all situations. I'd be very happy if the Devils got him in the 2nd. They note his acceleration is his biggest weakness and he could use his teammates better but both of these things can get better and shouldn't be huge concerns as he develops. At 6'0, 166 lbs. he could stand to gain some muscle.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1093 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Made my full 2 Round Mock Draft tonight, this goes without saying, I had the Devils taking two forwards:

http://dynastysports...4&st=0#entry153

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised to actually see Nichushkin fall to us, being a Russian and playing in the KHL is already good for a drop of 2-3 spots, and him telling teams he won't play in the AHL is good for another drop, it isn't all too far-fetched that he's there at 9.

I like a lot of guys that could be available at 9 so I'm not holding out for Nichushkin, but I would be very happy if he did fall there. Hard to pass up on that upside at the 9 spot.

I'd be happy with Carrier at 39. There are so many solid forward and defense prospects that could be there. Lots of intriguing options.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary use one of their 3 first round picks on Fucale.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1094 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

I liked Mantha earlier this season based on his size and numbers alone but from reading some draft guides he seems to have issues with his work ethic. He has a great shot and intelligence but Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect says he is really a boom or bust guy. I'd rather pass.

I'm still not the biggest Ristolainen fan. I didn't know anything about Dauphin but after reading Hockey Prospect's review on him, I'm sold. Seems like a strong willed player who is well rounded to contribute in all situations. I'd be very happy if the Devils got him in the 2nd. They note his acceleration is his biggest weakness and he could use his teammates better but both of these things can get better and shouldn't be huge concerns as he develops. At 6'0, 166 lbs. he could stand to gain some muscle.

Like i said multiple time... I saw mantha play all season Here in the QJMHL and i would'nt want him here. He is good 1 game on three..

Yes he score 50 goal but junior and NHL caliber isnt the same... He have a hard shot but that it

He is big but dont play physical, he is not really competitive (he was awful in the playoffs) and he is average in the skating ability...

Again i dont like that player and a lot of Foreurs fans complain about him and his presence.

Last thing... He really seem lost some game on the ice especially when he play big team like halifax or Quebec..

I would love shinkaaruk and i wouldn't mind Zykov if we have a later pick.

#1095 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Dan Stewart (Future Considerations) Mock Draft

9th: New Jersey Devils - Max Domi – NJ has a need for some talent coming up front and David Conte starts off by taking another son of a former NHLer in Max Domi. Domi brings a potential top line centre to the mix.

#1096 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

i am so siked for this draft, and i am THRILLED that it is just a day away... Drouin or bust! haha 

LGD!!!!

:beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1097 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

check out this vid on Nichushkin.  At the 2:38 mark, he burns Seth Jones and goes right around him for a goal when the US played Russia

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XZ1ruVJ7DK8

Edited by Onddeck, 29 June 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1098 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

If the Bruins really trade Seguin instead of getting rid of guys like Kelly who make $3millon to play on the 3rd line or Marchand who makes 4.5 with markedly less potential than Seguin or Lucic who only shows up 1/2 the time I won't believe my eyes 

I could see someone like MN giving Granlund/Spurgeon/Coyle and picks to get him. Pretty much now way for us to match that 

Edited by DH26, 29 June 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1099 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

If the Bruins really trade Seguin instead of getting rid of guys like Kelly who make $3millon to play on the 3rd line or Marchand who makes 4.5 with markedly less potential than Seguin or Lucic who only shows up 1/2 the time I won't believe my eyes 

I could see someone like MN giving Granlund/Spurgeon/Coyle and picks to get him. Pretty much now way for us to match that 

i dont think they are shopping him to unload him. would make more sense if they would have brought up his name to get of the top....5 pick lets say.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1100 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

i dont think they are shopping him to unload him. would make more sense if they would have brought up his name to get of the top....5 pick lets say.

why trade him for a top 5 pick when he's a 20 year old former top 5 pick who's put up a 70 point season already? What's the upside: Tyler Seguin 2.0? 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users