believe-zubrus.jpg

#1222 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm not disappointed about the 9th overall trade, but I'm not sure I liked the trade down in the second round. Zykov would have been nice and all, but I'm not sure Santini + Kujawinski will be better for the team than having Dauphin or Hagg.

Only time will tell, I guess!

I look forward to what Lou's going to do as far as trades/free agency this offseason.

#1223 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I liked Myles Bell when I watched a Kelowna game this year, and he's eligible to play in the AHL this season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1224 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I liked Myles Bell when I watched a Kelowna game this year, and he's eligible to play in the AHL this season.

Wasn't he in last year's draft too? He's a little older, born in '93. Converted from D to wing and put up 93 points in the WHL this year.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1225 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Anthony's a Devil!

#1226 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Classy move by Lou to get marty's son
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#1227 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

What a GREAT moment to see Marty announce his son! At the Rock to boot! Fantastic. That was great.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1228 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

lol when did we even get a seventh-rounder?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1229 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Classy move there.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1230 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Lou made a deal with the Kings for their last pick. I think we're giving them our 7th rounder next year.

EDIT: I'm wrong, it's our 7th in 2015, not 2014.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 30 June 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#1231 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Apparently we traded a 2015 7th rounder for the pick. That was a nice moment. Marty had a huge smile on his face.

#1232 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Apparently we traded a 2015 7th rounder for the pick. That was a nice moment. Marty had a huge smile on his face.

Classy of Dean too then.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1233 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Very classy of LA to help the Devils out.  Very nice.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1234 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Really liked Lou trading down to get the extra third. Lots of people feel Kujawinski has excellent upside. Although, I wouldn;t have minded Dauphin 

#1235 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Really liked Lou trading down to get the extra third. Lots of people feel Kujawinski has excellent upside. Although, I wouldn;t have minded Dauphin 

it still hurt a little i wanted Dauphin so fvcking bad. Then we trade down, he gets pick right away.

i never saw Kujawinski play so i dont know, but if i could do it again i'd pick Dauphin (that i saw play a few time and i really like him) instead of a shutdown D who will bring 0 offence and Kujawinski. Dauphin is playing on team canada junior and even though its not a guarantee its always a good indication. But im trusting our scouting staff on this i guess they know a lot more than i do. and for all we know maybe theres a move coming with our young d prospects

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 June 2013 - 10:11 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1236 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Wasnt a huge fan of the players we drafted. Would have liked a forward with that second rounder. As stated earlier Dauphin seemed like a really good pickup. Also LA picking Zykov two picks before us really hurt. With that said we seem to have gotten some good quality players. Santini (ranked 17th overall by ISS) seems like another good addition to the NHL potential defense pool we have. Kujawinski was said to be possibly one of the biggest steals in the draft. According to ISS is hockey sense is Elite, and his game has been getting better and better recently. Also Bell seems like an interesting project. A defensemen turned forward (who put up significant points in his first year as a forward) is always interesting, and the fact that he has apparently a bomb makes it even more interesting. And finally it was really nice seeing Marty draft Anthony. That was an awesome moment. Still think we could have made a few better picks, but overall I think we did fine.
The addition of Cory will have a bigger impact on this team than any player we could have picked at 9th. It was a great move imo.

#1237 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Dauphin had a family/friends cheering section in 230 that went absolutely nuts when he got picked. Was pretty cool to see.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1238 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

http://twitter.com/S...3629056/photo/1
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1239 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Awesome, those are two great players

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1240 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Overall I'm happy with the picks the Devils got. Solid D prospect in Santini, nice upside in Kujawinski, a bit of a project in Wood, solid late round value in Bell, and I'm happy for the Brodeur family. I was probably too reactionary and upset at the Schneider deal when it was announced but hopefully Lou gets him an extension after next year. Of course I would've liked to get some of the more intriguing F prospects early on but I just gotta trust Lou and Conte.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users