Some thoughts about yesterdays draft outside the actual selection and trading of players:
1) Great turn-out. Tons of people there and great to go to a Devils event that involves other teams that do not break out into these silly little fights between other teams fans.
2) Fan fest was mostly good. Kinda sh!tty that the ferris wheel didn't get built until the fest started and they didn't even finish building it by the time the draft started. The games were nice and free and the mini golf course and street hockey was a nice touch.
3) South entrance looks 100x nicer with the new trees there. Doesn't look as barren as before.
4) I don't know about anyone else, but from what was told in the days leading up is that we would only be allowed in the 100 and 200 levels and that STH and their guests can come in early at 12:30. Well what they didn't mention is that the first 1300 people could get a free upgrade to the lower level. Wish they would have mentioned that as I would have gotten in line earlier but not a huge dealbreaker for me.
5) Card and memoribilia expo was like any of the others I have been to. Overpriced and run by sad-looking sports memoribilia dealers.
6) Seeing the trophies was cool but didn't see the cup as the line was too long. I have seen the cup many times before so no big deal for me.
7) Seth Jones was a jackass to a bunch of people and didn't sign for a bunch of people's stuff.
8) Wish the Devils would do like the yankees do when it gets hot out and offer free cooling stations with iced water. Instead we were stuck for paying ridiculous prices for it. (I mean for the Fan fest portion)
Edited by DevsMan84, 01 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.