thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,669 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Future Considerations Top 30 for March

1. Seth Jones D (Portland - WHL)
2. Nathan MacKinnon RW/C (Halifax - QMJHL)
3. Jonathan Drouin C/LW (Halifax - QMJHL)
4. Aleksander Barkov C (Tappara - SM-Liiga)
5. Darnell Nurse D (Sault Ste. Marie - OHL)
6. Elias Lindholm C (Brynas - Elitserien)
7. Sean Monahan C (Ottawa - OHL)
8. Valeri Nichushkin LW/C (Chelyabinsk - KHL)
9. Hunter Shinkaruk LW (Medicine Hat - WHL)
10. Rasmus Ristolainen D (TPS - SM-Liiga)

Nurse continues to rise, Burakovsky continues to fall.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#122 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,669 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Future Considerations: Speedy (Creek) Development for Heatherington. Article is about Swift Current D prospect, Dillon Heatherington, who is partnered with the Devils own prospect Reece Scarlett. Maybe he'll be on the Devils draft radar. He should be around the 3rd round range at this point.

Playing for the Swift Current Broncos has afforded defenseman Dillon Heatherington many of luxuries.

The one he’s most thankful for? Reece Scarlett.

The 2013 NHL Draft eligible rearguard has been paired almost exclusively with the New Jersey Devils prospect, helping accelerate the development of the six-foot-four tower with not only a veteran partner, but all the action he can handle as part of Speedy Creek’s top pairing.

“It just gives me more confidence,” Heatherington said. “Scarlett, my d-partner, has been helping me out with that. He’s always been playing those minutes and I’ve just been slowly matching him. It’s been going really good. I’m learning lots.”

“Our leadership group here is really strong with Scarlett, (Adam) Lowry and Coda (Gordon) and (Graham) Black,” Heatherington said. “We definitely have quite a few guys that have been in the position that I’ve been in. They’ve helped me out a lot with my confidence and what not.”

The Scouting Report: March Top 60

11 page .pdf that has blurbs on each of their top 60. It's a nice read.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#123 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,669 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

As good as Nichushkin is, I don't seem as 2nd best in the Draft, I see Drouin and Mackinnon both ahead of him. I see Nichushkin in the 7th-10th area, if he played in NA I think he would be Top 5, but a lot of teams get scared off by the Russian/KHL risk.

I'm really interested in seeing where he goes since all the lists have him all over the place. Should be fun to track on draft day.

Re; your mock draft: I'd be very happy with Gauthier going to the Devils - big (6'4 215) center who just had a monster rookie season in the Q (62 GP 22-38-60 +22) which was 4th in rookie scoring as a 17 year old. Out of curiousity, where did you have Curtis Lazar ranked/going?

#124 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I had him 26th to Vancouver, I think he would be a great pick though if the Devils took him, very smart hockey player. I could see him going higher than that easily honestly.

I think a lot of people don't want Lazar because he's too much like JJ

Edit- if we do miss the playoffs and pick 10th, I would love to have Shinkaruk

Edited by SMantzas, 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#125 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Jason, I know you've been busy with military duty, but what do you think of guys like William Carrier, Anthony Mantha and Anthony Duclair?

#126 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

TSR's Top 60 for March 2013

http://www.thescouti...60-Rankings.pdf

#127 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

William Carrier is an excellent value 2nd rounder who projects as a 2nd minute LW. He continued to show improved confidence one on one, is very strong along the boards and has a terrific shot. His defense needs work but he is projects to being a current Clarkson type player minus fighting + passing.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#128 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Jeremy Brodeur was just drafted by Oshawa in the OHL draft. 154th overall.

#129 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

William Carrier is an excellent value 2nd rounder who projects as a 2nd minute LW. He continued to show improved confidence one on one, is very strong along the boards and has a terrific shot. His defense needs work but he is projects to being a current Clarkson type player minus fighting + passing.

how current? the first 15 games clarkson or the last 15 ? 

www.SterioDesign.com

#130 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,669 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Jeremy Brodeur was just drafted by Oshawa in the OHL draft. 154th overall.

Looks like he'll have a better chance at a pro career than his older brother who I doubt ever gets drafted. As a sophomore on the midget AAA team at Shattuck Jeremy played 34 games, went 21-5-7 1.66 GAA .937 SV%, starting over a kid a year older than him. I wonder if he plans on moving to the O at some point down the line? I noticed Oshawa drafted another goalie, who is from there and has played on the minor midget AAA team, a few rounds later. Oshawa's current starter Daniel Altshuller (CAR prospect) will be 19 next year and their current backup Ken Appleby turns 18 on Wednesday. I'm not sure how OHL rights work exactly but I suppose Jeremy would be likely to spend another year at SSM and then potentially move to Oshawa if he decides against the NCAA route. I think this is an encouraging sign though, Anthony never got drafted by an OHL team.

#131 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

I have a feeling Nichushkin will be the Zibanejad of 2013 and get drafted much earlier than expected. Although lately he has been cracking some top 10 lists.

I definitely do like Shinkaruk, but Wennberg gets my vote for now. The only issue is that apparently he's one of the older prospects, and his extra development may have a pretty big effect on how well he has done. I'm just hoping they draft someone who has some real talent, someone who is more than just a smart player.

#132 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

As of now the Devils are slated to pick 11th. If we go something like 4-6 or 3-7 we could easily have a top 7 or 8 pick.  

#133 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

As of now the Devils are slated to pick 11th. If we go something like 4-6 or 3-7 we could easily have a top 7 or 8 pick.  

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

#134 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#135 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Kovalchuk-Loktionov-Nichuskin

Seriously though, if we do end up getting a high pick Nichuskin is a bit too risky.

#136 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#137 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

We're half serious. And who says that ball drawing wasn't staged?

#138 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

We're half serious. And who says that ball drawing wasn't staged?

if any ball drawing was staged it was in "05

www.SterioDesign.com

#139 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I don't really tend to believe in the conspiracy theories, but it was AWFUL convenient that Pittsburgh won that lottery when they were in danger of moving. I remember not being shocked at all. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#140 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I don't really tend to believe in the conspiracy theories, but it was AWFUL convenient that Pittsburgh won that lottery when they were in danger of moving. I remember not being shocked at all.

I mean, I don't think they had a team in mind, but at the very least they had to be relieved when it wasn't Phoenix or Atlanta that won it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)