1269 replies to this topic

#141 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

I have a feeling Nichushkin will be the Zibanejad of 2013 and get drafted much earlier than expected. Although lately he has been cracking some top 10 lists.

I definitely do like Shinkaruk, but Wennberg gets my vote for now. The only issue is that apparently he's one of the older prospects, and his extra development may have a pretty big effect on how well he has done. I'm just hoping they draft someone who has some real talent, someone who is more than just a smart player.

#142 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

As of now the Devils are slated to pick 11th. If we go something like 4-6 or 3-7 we could easily have a top 7 or 8 pick.  

#143 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

As of now the Devils are slated to pick 11th. If we go something like 4-6 or 3-7 we could easily have a top 7 or 8 pick.  

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

#144 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

We could always win the lottery again, lololololololololololol. I still feel like that must have been some kind of mistake by the NHL to have let us win the lottery.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#145 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Kovalchuk-Loktionov-Nichuskin

Seriously though, if we do end up getting a high pick Nichuskin is a bit too risky.

#146 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a 'favor' from the league for making us forfeit a first rounder. "Yeah, that was harsh, we'll give you the lottery."

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#147 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Not sure if serious, but they showed the league drawing the final ball and announcing the winner at the office where it occurred.. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory involving the Devils tho

We're half serious. And who says that ball drawing wasn't staged?

#148 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

We're half serious. And who says that ball drawing wasn't staged?

if any ball drawing was staged it was in "05

www.SterioDesign.com

#149 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I don't really tend to believe in the conspiracy theories, but it was AWFUL convenient that Pittsburgh won that lottery when they were in danger of moving. I remember not being shocked at all. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#150 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I bet Edmonton finishes with the 14th pick and wins the lottery again to jump to 1st :lol:
25smul5.png

#151 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I don't really tend to believe in the conspiracy theories, but it was AWFUL convenient that Pittsburgh won that lottery when they were in danger of moving. I remember not being shocked at all.

I mean, I don't think they had a team in mind, but at the very least they had to be relieved when it wasn't Phoenix or Atlanta that won it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#152 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

If the 05 bingo lottery was rigged, Crosby would be playing for the Rangers.    They were one of the teams that had the "best shot" of landing him, as much as you can have a best shot in a 3-2-1 ball weighted lottery.

#153 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

If the 05 bingo lottery was rigged, Crosby would be playing for the Rangers. They were one of the teams that had the "best shot" of landing him, as much as you can have a best shot in a 3-2-1 ball weighted lottery.

Ah, but you see, that's exactly what they want you to think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

There's no need for the NHL to prop up the Rangers through the draft, they get the hype machine going themselves through FA every year.  Pittsburgh getting Crosby was like a monarch passing off the throne to the next king, in a market that needed it.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#155 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

There's no need for the NHL to prop up the Rangers through the draft, they get the hype machine going themselves through FA every year.  Pittsburgh getting Crosby was like a monarch passing off the throne to the next king, in a market that needed it.

And what happened once they dropped the puck?   The Rangers were a disaster zone before that lockout.   Pittsburgh is a nothing market.   If they moved the team, especially then, no one would notice the difference.

#156 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

April's version of Craigslist is out.

Top 10:

1. D Seth Jones (Portland - WHL)
2. LW Jonathan Drouin (Halifax - QMJHL)
3. C Nathan MacKinnon (Halifax - QMJHL)
4. C Aleksander Barkov (Tappara - FIN)
5. LW Valeri Nichushkin (Chelijabinsk 2 - RUS)
6. D Darnell Nurse (Sault Ste. Marie - OHL)
7. C Sean Monahan (Ottawa - OHL)
8. C Elias Lindholm (Brynas - SWE)
9. G Zachary Fucale (Halifax - QMJHL)
10. C/LW Max Domi (London - OHL)

Random thoughts - Interesting to see Button has C Curtis Lazar slipping from 23 to 28 in his rankings. He's still a guy I could see the Devils targeting for his strong 2 way game. Button continues to rank D Jordan Subban in the upper 2nd round. LW Emile Poirier jumps into 38th from being unranked previously. D Madison Bowey (Damon Severson's teammate) slides back to 43 from previously being at 34. He's another guy I could see being a target of the Devils on draft day. Reece Scarlett's D partner, Dillon Heathrington, enters at 65. One of my favorite prospects RW Hudson Fasching continues to stay at 75. Big, powerful winger out the USNTDP whose heading to Minnesota - I'd love if the Devils could find a way to add him to the system.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#157 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Kovalchuk-Loktionov-Nichuskin

Seriously though, if we do end up getting a high pick Nichuskin is a bit too risky.

do you think nichuskin is risky because of the KHL thing, or that his skills won't develop as projected? Just curious

#158 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well it looks like this thread is getting more relevant with each passing game.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#159 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

do you think nichuskin is risky because of the KHL thing, or that his skills won't develop as projected? Just curious

I believe he signed a 3 year deal with his KHL team so the soonest we would see him is 15-16.  Sort of like Tarasenko

#160 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

He signed it in the summer so that may hurt his final position and he'll have two years left if not bought out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users