9 replies to this topic

#1 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

You know a trade where we got back something we needed but gave up something of value that helped the other team just as much.... boy this lockout is taking its toll on topics.

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Rolston for Hunter :thumbsup:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

this is the mogilny for pederson and morrison trade type and that's my vote for this

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Gomez for nothing

#5 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

"A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy, I've heard it said." - Game of Thrones

Thus the only answer is Ken Klee for Alexander Suglobov

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 12 December 2012 - 03:38 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#6 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Cam for Salvador. Not the most fair, and the Devils clearly win that trade by a landslide, but at the time, it was what each team was looking for.

St Louis got a home town tough guy who brought energy to a losing team while unloading a defenseman they weren't going to be able to re-sign,

Devils got rid of a player they weren't using for a reliable shut-down defenseman who (most likely) spends the rest of his career in Jersey.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Richer for Muller.

Wow: Just remembering that Chorske was part of that deal also. Even the NY Times said it was a good deal for both teams.

http://www.nytimes.c...eels-sting.html

Edited by Daniel, 12 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I would vote for Muller for Richer or Mogilny for Morrison/Pederson. Both trades benefited all involved greatly.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#9 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Langs/Nieuwy for Arnott/McKay is in the running, though Nieuwy did more than McKay.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Richer for Muller.

Wow: Just remembering that Chorske was part of that deal also. Even the NY Times said it was a good deal for both teams.

http://www.nytimes.c...eels-sting.html

Roland Melanson (minor league goalie) went with Muller in that deal. I remember Muller being upset with the way the Devils treated him...just like the article said, "Hey, don't worry about your stats, we'll take care of you," then "You only scored 19 goals last year." Lou could always be a dick when he wanted to be.

I remember SI summed it up perfectly: one player was steadier (Muller) while the other was more dynamic (Richer). Lou asked for Chorske because he loved his speed, and hoped he'd eventually develop more of a scoring touch (he never really did). Richer was actually quite happy to get out of Montreal...he said once he scored 50 goals, teammates were constantly giving him the puck, expecting him to make something happen even when he wasn't in any real position to do anything, and he also had a hard time with the pressure that goes with playing in Montreal. Richer could go through stretches where he could look like one of the best players in the league...then be almost invisible at others. He suffered from untreated depression for years (it had apparently gotten worse in '95-'96, when he had one of his worst seasons by a country mile)...wonder what he could've done had it been diagnosed earlier.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users