32 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

The Patriots won, and Brady kind of got it going after a dreadful start. That's about all the good I have to say about this one. But they won, which is all that matters.

Strangely enough, the Pats can finish anywhere from 1-4 in the seedings. #1 is pretty much out of the question (that would take Denver losing to KC, which ain't happenin'), but they have a decent shot at the #2...they get that if they beat Miami and Houston loses to Indy. I'm guessing they'll be #3.

Crash, Seattle is 3-5 on the road. They won't get a single home game in the playoffs. So no, I can't take them that seriously.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

The other thing about Seattle is if Sherman loses his appeal he might not be around till theoretically the Super Bowl. He's one of the best handful of corners in the league at this point, that'd be a huge loss.

Thing about the NFC is there really 'is' no favorite. The Giants have pretty much crashed and burned and probably aren't even going to make the playoffs at this point. The Niners look like the schoolyard bully that's gotten hit back a few times this year (the game against the Giants, tonight, even the second half against the Pats win or no win), and Kapernick doesn't completely look ready yet. Can't trust Atlanta till they prove it. Green Bay might well be the favorite at this point if they can hold on to the bye but they have to beat the AP traveling circus in Minnesota first.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I can't help it, Seattle has that "get hot and roll team" written ALL OVER them, they won their last two on the road (and in essence beginning the end of the Bears), they play awesome D, they run the ball and Russel Wilson is growing up more and more each week.....they're gonna give Dallas/Washington FITS in the first round, and a bad 49er game next week and Seattle gets some home cooking too......

The other thing about Seattle is if Sherman loses his appeal he might not be around till theoretically the Super Bowl. He's one of the best handful of corners in the league at this point, that'd be a huge loss.

That's a problem, but we've learned from the NFL getting absurd about penalties and suspensions.....STRETCH OUT THE PROCEEDINGS and things will look better for you :)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Russell Wilson is amazing. Avoids pressure as good as anyone, excellent running ability, huge arm. I don't know if you can call them a sleeper at this point but I wouldn't be shocked in the LEAST to see them run the table to the Super Bowl. Lots of great pieces in place from the QB, the running game, the defense, and even the home field advantage.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 December 2012 - 11:12 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

The Niners are not losing to Arizona and their UPS QB's at home with the division (and possibly a bye) on the line. Then again Arizona somehow beat the Pats and ended millions of suicide pools early in the year :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...n-redskins-game

To nobody's surprise Cowboys-Redskins is the Week 17 Flex game. The real funny part is this:

In addition, the NFL moved two games to 4:25 p.m. in order to build suspense and prevent teams from resting starters in races for playoff byes. The Miami Dolphins at New England Patriotsgame will move to 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS and the Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings game will move to 4:25 p.m. ET on FOX. The Vikings also face a "win and in" scenario as a potential wild card team.

I didn't know they could do that too :lol:

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Right now the Vikings ARE the 6-seed, but they can go frak themselves after that AP "effort" today :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Loved Seattle all season, but did not expect last nights drubbing. But I think the cards are stacked against them come playoff time.

I see Washington/Dallas is the flex game which I think will be an awesome game. But are the Giants out of the playoff picture now?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

I see Washington/Dallas is the flex game which I think will be an awesome game. But are the Giants out of the playoff picture now?

No I think their equation is Dallas loss + Viking Loss + Giant win....which is all too possible :rant:

#30 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

No I think their equation is Dallas loss + Viking Loss + Giant win....which is all too possible :rant:

+Bears loss too. And Chicago won't be losing to the stinkin Lions
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Funny story: Seattle can still be the #2 seed with Packers loss/9ers loss/Hawks win due to the H2H win over the Packers. Commence head explosions. :)

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 24 December 2012 - 12:37 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

A MAJOR victory for Seattle:

http://sports.yahoo....21192--nfl.html

(and good, I'm loving this players challenging Goodell's crap and winning every time right now.....)

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

A MAJOR victory for Seattle:

http://sports.yahoo....21192--nfl.html

(and good, I'm loving this players challenging Goodell's crap and winning every time right now.....)

The more Goodell's authority is undermined, the better. That cocksucker is ruining football. I can't stand him.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users