A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Oh no Tony Romo.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I feel bad for Romo. He may need a fresh start somewhere else
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Romo's like their version of Armando Benitez lol, great numbers until it gets down to the really big game.

Thing about the Cowboys is they never have a consistent running game, at least not since Emmitt Smith. Romo pretty much has to win games by himself.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Funny thing is, this year people were actually starting to back off Romo just a little bit, saying that he's over-criticized, over-scrutinized, constantly getting an undeserved bad rap, etc. Throw all that out the window...some guys, just like Armando Benitez, have a way of wilting when the stakes are at their highest, and Romo is clearly one of those guys.

But like NJDevs4978 noted, Romo puts up very good numbers overall, but could probably benefit from a change of scenery, and playing for a team where they're not dependent on him to win big games.

Would the Jets actually inquire about him?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

This is the same team that lost it's ENTIRE group of starting LB's, never had Ratliff, had its top 2 WRs go down in the game.....a hideous swiss cheese line all season (watch this guy before a snap the stuff he has to do with defensive reads, line adjustments and pointing out to each lineman where to go every play.....it's insanity).....a horrible head coach and offensive philosophy and you can see why the guy crumbled....was he bad last night? No doubt.....wanna put all the blame at Dumbo's feet?? Then you're just not seeing the whole picture....its the same thing a whole mess of teams have to deal with (Detroit, Buffalo, SD, and so on...)....you ain't replacing him with ANYONE better....how about having a healthy damn team come season's end???

But it don't matter till Jerry fires his Botox'ed ass as GM anyway.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Clearly it's not all Romo's fault, but you can't tell me you feel comfortable with him with a big game on the line.

But yeah, you're probably right...he's a top-10 QB most of the time, and Dallas probably isn't finding anyone better.

This won't ever happen, but a Rivers-for-Romo deal would be interesting...two guys about the same age who have put up very similar numbers who could each benefit from a change of scenery.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

When I look around the league unless someone was dumb enough to hand me Eli, Brady, Luck, Griffin (I'd put a few odd ones on here like Russel Wilson too), then I'd be willing to listen....

I dunno....Rivers is a bit more of a baby then Dumbo is....the only guy I could see them getting is maybe Alex Smith? (same logic, needs a change of scenery, :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: )

I'm more not comfortable with this GM building a winning team and our "genius" head coach making a winning plan.....I gotta give Rob Ryan some credit, that defense was patchwork and held the fort in the fort (IDIOTIC "touching the QB" call aside)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

And already the Jets and Jaguars have fired their GMs......DO IT JERRY....

The Browns also fired their coach.....typical brainless organization there, the one time they show some promise.....

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think I'd rather have Romo than Smith.

Romo-for-Rivers is more of a "we've got two good players, just below elite, it just hasn't happened for them where they are, for a variety of reasons, some of which are their fault, some of which aren't, what the hell, why not?" kind of deal. It won't ever happen, but the idea does intrigue me.

I think Romo will be back in Dallas next season.

Jets did the right thing...at least they didn't fvck around.

#30 FOREVER!

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'd rather have him then either one of those guys....though if Rivers came with Norv as the OC I might think different about that....

I do tend to agree.... Dumbo's not going anywhere and he's not even in the top 5 list of Cowboy problems.....

and yeah the Jets did and that makes me angry....this is the first Giant and Jet-free playoffs I can enjoy since i moved from Skank Island to NJ in '03.....more years like this would be welcome.....

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Coughlin's legacy will be interesting...two rings are huge, no question, but the Giants have been such an inconsistent team under his watch...so baffling...

#30 FOREVER!

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Coughlin's legacy will be interesting...two rings are huge, no question, but the Giants have been such an inconsistent team under his watch...so baffling...

Doesn't matter, I'd take the two rings and miss the playoffs every other year over making the playoffs every year and never getting it all....

add the Browns GM to the done list....

How in the HELL are the Chiefs keeping Pieoli!?!?!!!? Morons......

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I thought that the Browns GM was open since they weren't bringing back Holmgren?

-Jet's made a good move getting rid of Tannenbaum who was out of his league, but Jets fans should be worried that a new GM may still be too green to ward off Woody's non-Football PR ploys (Farve, Tebow, etc.).

-Cowboys have a very good QB in Romo, this issue for Dallas is they spend too much energy on high profile positions, and not enough in the trenches, particularly the O-Line, that an a very, very fragile backfield. But I trust Jerry Jones will ignore this and draft another WR or another of his alumni draft picks.

-Too bad about Shurmur who seemed to make the Browns competitive with a lot of rookies.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Offseason coaching tracking thread here. I'll add Pioli and Browns GM a bit later to the top post.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Agree on Shurmur...they have that team going the right way....I think there was an interim GM in Cleveland....

There's like NINE teams that desperately need o-line help, so it's not like Dallas is the only one....I'd almost rather go D-Line and make the defense complete.....they need to ditch Felix Jones and get a healthier compliment back for Murray also.....

And Reid is officially fired too.....

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Ray Lewis to retire after the loss to the Colts .....at season's end.....Manta weeps already.....

#37 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hell, I'M sad about this, Ray Lewis is a hell of a defensive player.

For those of you like Crasher who passed on Madden 13, here's the intro:

Ray Lewis definitely left his mark.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Of course I am weeping. Ray Lewis is IMHO the greatest defensive player of our era and one of the greatest, most influential players to ever play the game. He is the soul of the team, our Scott Stevens if you will. He is my favorite player of all-time.

He deserves another Championship and I think this will provide the unifying spark for the Ravens the next few weeks.

I am already making my reservations for Canton.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ray Lewis should be remembered as one of the greatest football players to ever buckle a chinstrap. Legendary career, unbelievable leader, incredible talent, unmatched will. Guy is one of the best ever, period.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#40 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Agree on Shurmur...they have that team going the right way....I think there was an interim GM in Cleveland....

There's like NINE teams that desperately need o-line help, so it's not like Dallas is the only one....I'd almost rather go D-Line and make the defense complete.....they need to ditch Felix Jones and get a healthier compliment back for Murray also.....

And Reid is officially fired too.....

Ugh, don't get me started on what we "need". I'd like to start with a spine.

And then maybe, I dunno, a healthy defense.

Seriously, there's no way this team misses the playoffs if Lee and Carter are in the middle and Ratliff had something hanging between his legs.

With Spencer on his way out (paying him the money he'll see from other teams would be a mistake), we'll need a replacement at outside linebacker. Someone to take double-teams away from Ware, who all of a sudden can't handle it. Boy, did he have a brutal finish to an average season (by his standards). The interceptions were rough, but Romo threw for almost 5,000 yards.. tough to blame this season on him. I'd trade Austin for anything; a 5th round pick, if not to clear cap space and make room for football players who don't have extremities as weak as glass. Bryant-Witten-Harris-3RDWR is plenty of weapons for Romo.

They also need safety help; no sh!t, but they do. Claiborne+Carr gives me confidence in the future of our secondary. It's time to cut ties with Jenkins, Scandrick. I'm all too sick of them. Same goes with Felix Jones. Gosh, what an awful draft that was.

Under the right coaching (I loathe Garrett), a healthy defense (I think Ryan's defense crumbles without a strong core, which we were lacking with injuries), cut loose ends, and improvements to the defensive line (draft) and safety positions (FA/trade), this team can be playoff bound.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users