78 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Has there been a QB in the last twenty years that regressed as badly as Sanchez and gotten it back together? I can't really think of one.

Alex Smith.......

You could say Rich Gannon pre-Gruden and post-Gruden too.....

Edited by CRASHER, 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Speaking of strugging QB's, one of the funniest ironies of this offseason is Kevin Kolb's probably praying Reid goes to Arizona, after Reid got rid of him. Unless Reid also brings Vick into Arizona and replaces Kolb with him AGAIN :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Alex Smith.......

You could say Rich Gannon pre-Gruden and post-Gruden too.....

I wouldn't put Alex Smith in that category. Smith never looked completely lost like Sanchez did this year, and it was understood that he was put in a terrible situation from the start.

Gannon was more of a journeyman backup before he got a chance in Oakland, so I din't think that counts either.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

The Bills hired Doug Marrone as their head coach. The Bills are hilarious.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

The Bills hired Doug Marrone as their head coach. The Bills are hilarious.

I don't know much about him, so hard to judge the hire.

Didn't have a great record at Syracuse, but it shouldn't necessarily be held against him. College success comes down to recruiting, which isn't a factor in the pro-game.

Whatever the case though, the Bills obviously had no success going the retread route, and it was doubtful that a high profile guy like Cowher would ever take that job.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#46 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Also, for those that missed it, Andy Reid snubbed the Cardinals for BBQ Ribs The Chiefs, and Pioli and the Chiefs parted ways. Rumor is that Tom Heckert, longtime Reid ally, will be the new GM

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 07 January 2013 - 11:10 AM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#47 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Chip Kelly stays at Oregon.

Ron Rivera will return as Panthers coach
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I don't know much about him, so hard to judge the hire.

Didn't have a great record at Syracuse, but it shouldn't necessarily be held against him. College success comes down to recruiting, which isn't a factor in the pro-game.

Whatever the case though, the Bills obviously had no success going the retread route, and it was doubtful that a high profile guy like Cowher would ever take that job.

From all accounts he didn't do that bad a job at Syracuse and who knows- maybe he turns out to be a good coach. But it's typical Bills to go the cheap unknown route, as opposed to hiring a more expensive name coach like Lovey Smith or Ken Whisenhunt, both of whom have coached in Super Bowls recently. Hopefully Marrone blows like every other coach they've had since Levy though.

#49 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Well once upon a time Marv Levy was cheap and unknown...and old.

Cowher is an overrate prick. He's looking for a place that give him full control of everything right down to how toilet paper is hung in the bathrooms. He's not good enough to make those demands.

Maybe this sounds stupid, I've said it before and I'll say it again

Cowher is only 55, he might be sending feelers here and their...but he's really quietly hoping to take over the Steelers again. They lost to a mediocre Bronco team with Tebow at QB in 2011, disastrously missed the playoffs this year. If they miss again next year Tomlin could be gone.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

So he loses Lee, Ratliff, Spencer, Carter and Ware by the end of the season, and ROB RYAN gets fired?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you fraking kidding me Jerry??? Year after year you keep and promote that inept soulless ginger who's been here close to a DECADE and you actually fire the ONE COACH WHO ACTUALLY DID HIS JOB AND IMPROVED THE DAMN DEFENSE EVERY YEAR?!??!?!?!? *sigh*......I've had it......I can't root for this team anymore until something near fatal happens to Jerry Jones.....thank God I own four XFL jerseys....I'm gonna need them for next year.....

un-damned-believable.........

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#51 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

So he loses Lee, Ratliff, Spencer, Carter and Ware by the end of the season, and ROB RYAN gets fired?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you fraking kidding me Jerry??? Year after year you keep and promote that inept soulless ginger who's been here close to a DECADE and you actually fire the ONE COACH WHO ACTUALLY DID HIS JOB AND IMPROVED THE DAMN DEFENSE EVERY YEAR?!??!?!?!? *sigh*......I've had it......I can't root for this team anymore until something near fatal happens to Jerry Jones.....thank God I own four XFL jerseys....I'm gonna need them for next year.....

un-damned-believable.........

As someone who grew up hating (but still respecting) the Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys: I love too see the magic that Jerry Jones wields on the once great franchise. I no longer hate the Cowboys because as long as Jerry calls the shots, they are no threat to anyone year after year. This is great news for the Giants, Eagles and Redskins!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#52 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

As someone who grew up hating (but still respecting) the Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys: I love too see the magic that Jerry Jones wields on the once great franchise. I no longer hate the Cowboys because as long as Jerry calls the shots, they are no threat to anyone year after year. This is great news for the Giants, Eagles and Redskins!

The talent is certainly there. Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit for that if you assume he's the one making the personnel moves. Previously, they choked in the playoffs, and now they're underachieving the whole season. Question is, how much blame for that falls on the GM.
Posted Image

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

The talent is certainly there. Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit for that if you assume he's the one making the personnel moves. Previously, they choked in the playoffs, and now they're underachieving the whole season. Question is, how much blame for that falls on the GM.

His offensive line sucks....his receivers are glass....so are his running backs, he promotes and keeps the inept coach around and FIRES the one WHO DID HIS JOB WELL....you tell me
Jerry needs the Bill Wirtz treatment....drink till he don't get up no more.....

#54 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

That is the rub. Regardless of the talent on the Cowboys they will never be a top team because the players look upon the coaching staff as expendable and without any real authority. Having the Owner as GM is more a benefit for the players to buddy up to. The Cowboys are very much like the Raiders, but with better scouting.

Edited by MantaRay, 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

His offensive line sucks....his receivers are glass....so are his running backs, he promotes and keeps the inept coach around and FIRES the one WHO DID HIS JOB WELL....you tell me
Jerry needs the Bill Wirtz treatment....drink till he don't get up no more.....

Injuries you can't predict, so I don't think he should get the blame for his receivers and back being glass. In any event, I'd take Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten on my team any day.
Posted Image

#56 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Injuries you can't predict, so I don't think he should get the blame for his receivers and back being glass. In any event, I'd take Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten on my team any day.

These guys get hurt EVERY GODDAMN YEAR, at the very least you need to take a SERIOUS look into your medical staff and your off-season conditioning....Miles Austin pulls a goddamn hamstring putting his pants on....Murray's been hurt two years in a row....Felix Jones has always been brittle....it's damned absurd now....

And believe me you'd not have to twist my arm very hard to send Miles Austin to Miami.....

#57 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

These guys get hurt EVERY GODDAMN YEAR, at the very least you need to take a SERIOUS look into your medical staff and your off-season conditioning....Miles Austin pulls a goddamn hamstring putting his pants on....Murray's been hurt two years in a row....Felix Jones has always been brittle....it's damned absurd now....

And believe me you'd not have to twist my arm very hard to send Miles Austin to Miami.....

I want no part of Miles Austin, thanks. I'll take Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and get a WR in the draft long before I consider trading for a guy who gets hurt brushing his teeth.

#58 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Do you agree with the statement that the Cowboys underachieve? If so, it's a concession that it's a talented roster, all things considered. That no one says a team like the Bills underachieve shows that it has inept personnel decision makers.

Obviously Jerry Jones has issues, most notably with the coaching staff. Still he's better than his detractors give him credit for.
Posted Image

#59 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I want no part of Miles Austin, thanks. I'll take Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and get a WR in the draft long before I consider trading for a guy who gets hurt brushing his teeth.

If you pulled him off the scrap heat like the Cowboys did, you'd take him, or at least you'd consider it a good move. It doesn't have as much to do with how good I think he is right now, only that Some of the criticism of Jerry Jones is unfair.

MaDDog, would you have rather the Phins drafted Dez Bryant, instead of Odrick and Misi? I would.
Posted Image

#60 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

If you pulled him off the scrap heat like the Cowboys did, you'd take him, or at least you'd consider it a good move. It doesn't have as much to do with how good I think he is right now, only that Some of the criticism of Jerry Jones is unfair.

MaDDog, would you have rather the Phins drafted Dez Bryant, instead of Odrick and Misi? I would.

Dez is a pain in the ass. Dude's a grown man and needs a fvcking baby-sitter to make sure he doesn't get in trouble- and this is in DALLAS. If he played in Miami, he'd need a secret service detail to keep him in line. Odrick and Misi aren't bad players- they're just not great players. I would've just stayed at 12 and drafted Earl Thomas that year, but Jeff Ireland's a fvcking dipsh!t, so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users