78 replies to this topic

#1 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Most updates will come from NFL.com, but feel free to comment.

Jacksonville GM Gene Smith Fired
Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum Fired, Rex Ryan safe. As a side note to this, ESPN Radio is opining via Adam Scheftner (sp) that none of the Jets coordinators will be back next season, so theoretically goodbye Sparano, Westhoff (retirement), and that guy who pretends to be a DC while Rex calls the defense. Mike Pettine
Cleveland Coach Pat Shermer and GM Tom Heckert fired.
Philadelphia Coach Andy Reid fired. Also, if you can find audio of it, the ESPN Radio this morning Sal Palentonio and Mike Goalik had an argument about whether Reid will coach again in 2013
Raiders fire OC, head coach likely safe
Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith fired.
Eagles Head Coach Andy Reid fired
Bills fire Head Coach Chan Gailey
Chiefs fire Head Coach Romeo Crennel, and no decision yet on Scott Pioli.
Arizona fires Head Coach Ken Wisenhunt and GM Greaves
San Diego fires Head Coach Norv Turner and GM "Lord of No Rings" AJ Smith
Muchak in Tennessee is SAFE
Confirming Crasher's statement, Dallas looking for playcalling OC

We could see news out of Carolina and Tennessee, but that will not be immediate as far as what I'm reading. There's rumors that even Detroit may be taking a second look at their coaches.

Allegedly Gruden's opened himself up to the coaching carousel.
Another busy man - 3 teams interested in Falcons OC Koetter

NFL Around the League Twitter if you can't wait for the latest news: https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 31 December 2012 - 02:05 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Heard Andy Reid is gone now.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Firing Reid is a mistake...philly will rue the day.

Anyway. I doubt he coaches in 2013 after such a difficult 2012 all around. Though if the Jets have another bad year next season, he's the guy I'd want

The DC lackey is just Mike Pettine. He was just a defensive assistant for all intents and purposes.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

How did I miss the Reid story? Thanks Manta

Thanks for the correct on Mike Pettine, 7.

More updates: Bears, Bills, and Chiefs looking for a new head coach.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 31 December 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Add in that the Cowboys might be looking to bring in a real OC and let the evil Ginger Genius just supervise all (I'm all for this....I'd love Whinsenhunt if Arizona gets stupid and fires him....)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

The DC lackey is just Mike Pettine. He was just a defensive assistant for all intents and purposes.

And supposedly he was the leak for a lot of the unflattering locker room stories this year, according to Francesa lol
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#7 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Firing Reid is a mistake...philly will rue the day.

Anyway. I doubt he coaches in 2013 after such a difficult 2012 all around. Though if the Jets have another bad year next season, he's the guy I'd want

I love Andy Reid, but I think he made most of the personnel decisions and not helping the build the O-Line was a huge blunder and also the mistakes on the DC side too. I think he needs a break. He should take off 2013 and recharge.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#8 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Lovie Smith didn't deserve it.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

LOL: Gruden

He has been auditioning for HC jobs since he got on ESPN. He is the worst color commentator in the NFL, constantly brown nosing every GM in the league via broadcast to land a coaching job.

Hopefully, this suck up will land him a job OFF camera, so ESPN can hire someone with an actual opinion instead the flattering non-sense (e.g. "Tannebaum has done a great job building this offense for the Jets and Tebow is going to make a huge impact this year")

Lovie Smith didn't deserve it.

Agree

Add in that the Cowboys might be looking to bring in a real OC and let the evil Ginger Genius just supervise all (I'm all for this....I'd love Whinsenhunt if Arizona gets stupid and fires him....)

Agree

Whisenhunt would be a huge win for Dallas. I always loved his game planning as OC in Pitt, too bad he had garbage in Arizona.

LOL: Gruden

He has been auditioning for HC jobs since he got on ESPN. He is the worst color commentator in the NFL, constantly brown nosing every GM in the league via broadcast to land a coaching job.

Hopefully, this suck up will land him a job OFF camera, so ESPN can hire someone with an actual opinion instead the flattering non-sense (e.g. "Tannebaum has done a great job building this offense for the Jets and Tebow is going to make a huge impact this year")

Edited by MantaRay, 31 December 2012 - 12:18 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Andy Reid is the WORST in-game adjustment coach in football (think the Giant game when they got sacked like 11 times and Reid refused to help his RT out at all in the game)....he's also too pass-happy and doesn't balance things out very well....I'd stay far away from him as a head football coach.....

Lovie's had a lot of OC's schemes and QBs in his tenure, and not too wonderful a result, he's got an aging defense and a one-trick pony offense (that Miami gifted him).... I can see why he was let go also just to get someone in there with a better offensive mind....once you get past the elite coaches, these guys really are a dime a dozen and totally replacable....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#11 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Reid's track record speaks for itself. Consistent winner.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#12 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Updated: the ax officially falls in San Diego and Arizona, but Bud Adams spares the executioner.

#13 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Updated: the ax officially falls in San Diego and Arizona, but Bud Adams spares the executioner.

San Diego was due, Arizona the Kevin Kolb deal just killed them.

Bud Adams is a loser.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#14 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

And apparently the Falcons OC is going to have a busy offseason.

#15 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

And apparently the Falcons OC is going to have a busy offseason.

Why?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#16 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

he's got interviews in KC, Cle and Phily already....maybe Buffalo too

he better get them all in before his team sh!ts the bed in the divisional round.....

#17 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Why?

he better get them all in before his team sh!ts the bed in the divisional round.....

Yeah, what Crasher said. That was my witty way of saying we had a new link.

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

:rofl:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 December 2012 - 03:47 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just went back and looked at last year's coaching carousel thread. I said that Sporano was a "pretty good" hire by the Jets. It was preceded by "coming from a Dolphins fan" so I pray I was being sarcastic at the time.

Others were saying that the Chiefs were poised for a huge year, so hopefully I don't get the award for worst prediction.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#20 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I am surprised that Schwartz still has a job in Detroit
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users