Photo

It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:
Green-Fayne
Tally-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

#222 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:
Green-Fayne
Tally-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

I just think we have to get down to 7 defensemen early in the season. I dont like the thought of having a logjam with 8 guys and having one or two sitting or playing offense. But thats just me.

Its a good problem to have though.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#223 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Been thinking about the PP and here's what I've come up with.

Unit 1-

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Kovy- Zids

Of course Zajac takes all of the faceoffs and Elias goes to the half boards and works his magic. Zajac will wait in the middle of the ice and look for one timers. Clarkson will take over Parise's role by the side of the net when he's not screening the goalie.

Unit 2
Henrique-Josefson-Butler
Kovy-Larsson

Butler will take over Sykora's role on the second unit. While I'd like Josefson to handle the puck as much as possible as he has the best hands and vision. Ideally you have Henrique in front of the net looking for tips. My only worry is that this unit is too small, so Zubrus could be inserted in Henrique's spot. The other question is whether or not Larsson is ready for this unit.

#224 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I still don't like Kovy double shifting and I always feel that we would be better off just putting a whole group of fresh bodies.

#225 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

What is the word on Joe Whitney, his Albany stats are not going to jump out at you, but he was the caption on BC. Not saying he should be recalled just because of that, but whats the word on him?

#226 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Matteau's getting an invite to camp, what do you guys think his chances are of making the team? I think he could look good on the LW with Josefson and Clarkson
25smul5.png

#227 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Matteau's getting an invite to camp, what do you guys think his chances are of making the team? I think he could look good on the LW with Josefson and Clarkson

It's unknown if Matteau is invited, he is on the list of eligible people to invite. Chere messed his first tweet up.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#228 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,904 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Not going to get into a thing about ELCs here, that aside I don't expect that Matteau is ready for the NHL.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#229 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Not going to get into a thing about ELCs here, that aside I don't expect that Matteau is ready for the NHL.

Do ELCs have the same 'slide' provisions that they did in the previous CBA?

#230 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

so far i managed to get a sock, a cup he drank in, poo from his dog and a chunk of hairs. What do you got ?

damnnn how much do you want for the sock??

All I have is a framed mouthpiece surrounded by candles...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#231 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Definitely not. He takes dumb penalties versus comparatively weak competition, imagine how bad he'll be when he gets even more beaten on plays.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#232 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I keep pronouncing Mottau instead of Matteau.

#233 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

i don't think its really worth inviting matteau mid season like that, his chance to make the team right away is low and might as well continue his development in juniors.

www.SterioDesign.com

#234 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

i don't think its really worth inviting matteau mid season like that, his chance to make the team right away is low and might as well continue his development in juniors.

I don't think inviting or not inviting probably plays a major role in his development. If I had to guess which is more likely to help, I'd guess coming to NHL camp, seeing what the Devils expect from NHL players, really getting to see how much better he has to get, and getting to know the coaches and the organization will probably help more than 2 or 3 of the same old junior games.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#235 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I keep pronouncing Mottau instead of Matteau.

I miss Mottau. Not as a hockey player, but I liked him.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#236 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've seen matteau play here in Rouyn-Noranda agaisnt the Huskies, He is not NHL ready

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users