47 replies to this topic

#1 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Finally, finally the lockout is over. Lets go Devils!!!!!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#2 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

GAME ON

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

http://sports.yahoo....05515--nhl.html

For those who want a source.

It's about goddamned time!

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Its about freakin time!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#5 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

one of the greatest feelings in the world waking up seeing that headline. im so ready for some devils hockey. LGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO DEVILS

#6 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

BROTHERS! IT IS FINISHED!

LETS US COMMENCE WITH VEHEMENT CONSUMPTION OF KOOL AID ONCE AGAIN

:koolaid:

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#7 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I wish I could be as excited and as quick to forget about this nonsense as some of you are. And that's not sarcasm...that's sincerity. I want to be excited and psyched up and ready to go, I really do, and to forget all of this...especially since, as much as I love football and baseball, Devils hockey comes first...but I can't. I'm still disgusted and annoyed by both parties.

Like I've always maintained, I'm not done with the NHL...I enjoy Devils hockey too much to ever say I'm 100% done with them and the league they play in. But I have no idea when I'll be able to feel the same excitement for the NHL brand...I'm not saying I can't get there, just don't know when it will be.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I wish I could be as excited and as quick to forget about this nonsense as some of you are. And that's not sarcasm...that's sincerity. I want to be excited and psyched up and ready to go, I really do, and to forget all of this...especially since, as much as I love football and baseball, Devils hockey comes first...but I can't. I'm still disgusted and annoyed by both parties.

Like I've always maintained, I'm not done with the NHL...I enjoy Devils hockey too much to ever say I'm 100% done with them and the league they play in. But I have no idea when I'll be able to feel the same excitement for the NHL brand...I'm not saying I can't get there, just don't know when it will be.

You aren't the only one, I'll be selling as many of my tickets as I can cause I'm just still disgusted with how this all went down. I know I'll still have to probably go to a couple games but with a shortened season and the divisonal games taking up the majority of the home games it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of most of them. It's going to take me awhile to get back into it as well.

#9 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

So does lou make a deal before season starts?
Posted Image

#10 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

The last team to win a Stanley Cup Championship during a shortened season? Your New Jersey Devils. Let's prove that history can repeat itself.

n2eg.jpg

#11 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

You aren't the only one, I'll be selling as many of my tickets as I can cause I'm just still disgusted with how this all went down. I know I'll still have to probably go to a couple games but with a shortened season and the divisonal games taking up the majority of the home games it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of most of them. It's going to take me awhile to get back into it as well.

I'm interested in opening night if its played before the 22nd (have to go back to school)

#12 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,160 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

GAME ON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1kmGKDuUE

Edited by nmigliore, 06 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#13 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Are they going to create a new schedule or will the remaining games of this schedule be played?

n2eg.jpg

#14 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Are they going to create a new schedule or will the remaining games of this schedule be played?

New schedule and based on dates looks like devils will start the season on the road. From what I hear devils might play Winnipeg in its first game

#15 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Any info on when Kovalchuk,Volchenkov, Clarkson etc. are coming back in NJ?

Edited by Devs3cups, 06 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Lamoriello on report of Devs opening in WPG on 1/19: "I have no knowledge of any of that and if anybody does I think they’re Houdini."
Lmfao, classic Lou.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#17 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Any info on when Kovalchuk, Clarkson etc. are coming back in NJ?

I'm guessing they have a contractual obligation to come back as soon as possible.

Side note; I wonder if all of this rest was a good thing or a bad thing for Marty. In hindsight, it's almost as if he got a full (no playoffs) offseason and then some.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#18 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

GO TEAM THAT WE LIKE!?

thats the Doovals right?

Edited by Microwavepizza, 06 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

POTATO!!!

#19 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

New sched. Likely no games outside of conference so the Devils wont have any true long term road trips
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm most excited about the return of the devils chat room during games!!!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users