265 replies to this topic

#201 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I agree the deal heavily favors TheMazz, but at the same time I don't see it as DM dumping his team. I don't recall a previous example that was vetoed in this manner. If so, I would have liked to have seen it earlier in that Nash deal. It still looks ridiculously lopsided, even with the benefit of time.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#202 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

No it wasn't a dump. DM told me he wasn't aware how badly Lindbach was hurt. I do always ask the other team what they were thinking in questionable deals before a veto. He wanted me to veto it when he found out so I did.

The Nash trade, the other guy just wanted him badly enough to not care what he was giving up. Plus it was too early in the season to be a dump anyway. If you want a deal and I know its not a dump, well good luck to ya :P If you don't I ain't gonna stick you with a bad one in a free league.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#203 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

No it wasn't a dump. DM told me he wasn't aware how badly Lindbach was hurt. I do always ask the other team what they were thinking in questionable deals before a veto. He wanted me to veto it when he found out so I did.

The Nash trade, the other guy just wanted him badly enough to not care what he was giving up. Plus it was too early in the season to be a dump anyway. If you want a deal and I know its not a dump, well good luck to ya :P If you don't I ain't gonna stick you with a bad one in a free league.

Not that my opinion matters....  but that's a far better answer (re: unaware of extent of injury)  :)     

He's so injured he couldn't pass a fantasy league physical.    hardee har har

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#204 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Also with the Nash deal I was close to denying it because I didn't wanna be crippled at LW at the time. Only reason I took it was because Nick basically demanded it. (And someone on HF brought up the point that I could trade another RW for a quality LW) and that ended up being Alfie for Semin. I didn't think Lindback had such a far off timetable. I made the potential w/ the thinking that he'd be back in a week or two haha

n2eg.jpg

#205 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Im pretty sure Shark meant to decline not accept given the comment in the trade remarks... Or maybe he reconsidered? Dunno.

Edited by aylbert, 27 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#206 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

He just sent a message asking to reverse it... Im obviously ok with that

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#207 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Good thing you posted then, I would have put that one through without giving it a second thought after looking at it.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#208 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Funny i went to offer a trade over the weekend and thought it was wierd the the deadline had passed, I guess I can review my goalie situation 1 more time...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#209 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Will I get a single shutout this year?  Hmmm.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#210 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Will I get a single shutout this year? Hmmm.

I left one on the bench Sunday because I was to preoccupied with Easter dinner to check who was starting. I've missed three Khudobin starts, all wins :argh:

#211 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I left one on the bench Sunday because I was to preoccupied with Easter dinner to check who was starting. I've missed three Khudobin starts, all wins :argh:

It's impossible to start Biron...  I wish I could just elect 'Rangers Actual Starting Goalie'.... there's been times I started Biron over Lundqvist, just to have them say nevermind and start Lundqvist...   or last minute announcement that Biron is playing.

​Fortunately Biron isn't phenomenal...  so now I just keep it on Lunqvist unless I know for certain Biron is in nets.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#212 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

I have five starters on IR, that has to be a record.

#213 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I was up there... it looks like on Thursday I may be IR free with Lecavalier coming back...  

I need to stop trading talent for injuries  :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#214 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Today only:   If you want Taylor Hall;  I wouldn't be opposed to part with him for a goalie who starts with a GAA below 2.5...  send any interesting deals my way.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#215 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I made SURE I started the Boston goalie today, I'm probably getting a 50-save shutout at this rate :P

#216 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

This is the first time this season I'm in the #1 spot...   defense and goal, much like last year, are the reasons I'm here.

Well... time to fight you all off Matrix style the rest of the way.   I don't have high confidence I can keep it; but it would obviously be nice.

It's still vastly superior to where I was at the end of January; dwelling in the cellar! ;)

Edited by aylbert, 07 April 2013 - 11:35 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#217 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm surprised you rocketed up the standings to be honest, I thought you were too far gone early too.  This is like a Kings from last year type run.

#218 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

It was a misleading number...    this season is too short; we are all bunched together in a lot of categories...    a 4 goal night for any team has the potential to move you quite a bit...   in goals, points, PPP...  hell, even +/-.

My team starting scoring goals rather than posting assists.   Now if I could only get some blocks while maintaining my offense.   I have an easy 5-10 pts there if I could get the right balance.

And a damn shutout...  WTH.   Lunddqvist stood on his head against Carolina, but let one slip by...  again.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#219 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Bored; I decided to look at each category to see how steady my footing was...  A 10.5pt late lead is typically solid; but late is relative in a shortened season.   I'm certainly not solidified...  but it looks like I have more upward movement available, than threats from behind me....  it will be a fun dash to the finish...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals: Sitting 3rd...  I leapfrogged Jacob Glass Josefson and On Deck by 1 goal...  I trail Zidlicky My Balls by 2, and a Team Named Conseco by 6 for the lead.  Zidlicky, Conseco and Josefson will both be dropping out of contention in category as they are hitting/are at max games played at forward.

Assists: In 2nd, I lead Zidlicky by 4 and trail Mad Hatters by 6 for top spot.  (Also maxed out)

Points: At the top, I lead Zidlicky by 2, Mad Hatters by 5.

+/-: Sitting 5th, trailing Have Another Donut by 1, leading NICKNJD  by 2, NJ Angels by 4, and Zidlicky my balls by 6.  +/- is very volatile though...  a lot of movement can happen in a good or bad game.

PPP:  Tied for 4th with Conseco, trailing DevilsSwimsWithSharks by 8...  leading Steveo by 1, and NJSwamps by 5.  

SHP: I climbed up to midpack (T-9 with Conesco and Donut) with my 4th SHP.   This category typically causes movement unless your a Piney... then you could half your 15 SHPs and still be in the hunt for the lead. 

SOG:  I'm sitting in 5th, trailing Sharks by a single shot, Conseco by 5. I lead Zidlicky by 9.

Faceoffs: I'm sitting 5th here as well... trailing Sharks by 13, and NICKNJD by 60...  I'm leading StormJosh by 53...     So I'm pretty much settled into a 4/5 battle.

Hits: I'm sitting 5th here yet again...  trailing StormJosh by 56, leading Zidlicky by 20, NJAngels by 22 and Conesco by 26.

Blocks: 16th...   So, my team doesn't like to get infront of the shot. It stings.   I trail swamps by 1, and NJ Swamps by 10... I lead VooDoo by 9, and Les Hornqvistadors by 12.

Wins: I'm sitting 10th with 18; a lot of movement comes in this category with each win/loss (not keeping pace).  I trail Kovalnuts, Zidlicky by 1...  Dyanmo, VooDoo by 2, and Beavers by 3...  I lead NJAngels by 1... OnDeck, Steveo by 2...  Sharks by 3.

GAA: I come in 4th...  trailing Sharks by .08, Donuts by .11

SV%: I'm in 4th here as well, edged out by NJ Angels by a slim .0002, Donut by .002, Sharks by .005.   I lead  I lead Swamps by .004 and OnDeck by .009.   I might concede this playing Mason... trying for some extra wins.

SHO: Tied for 13th...  I snatched my first shutout...  Beavers sits ahead of me with 2, and 4 others with 3.    Steveo, Zidlicky, and Voodoo were the poor souls I was hanging out with... being shutout of the shutout category.

Visulation.

01:  *

02:  *

03:  *

04:  ***

05:  ****

06:

07:

08:

09:  *

10:  *

11:

12:

13:  *

14:

15:

16:  *

17:

18:

19:

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#220 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

You're probably going to finish 1st in goals, assists and points, that's pretty scary.  I've had some good offenses in the past too but don't think I ever took the top slot in all three.

I'm just glad I'm going to finish back in the top five again after my disaster last year.  Actually had the lead six days ago, and now I'm 14.5 back :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users