265 replies to this topic

#221 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

You're probably going to finish 1st in goals, assists and points, that's pretty scary.  I've had some good offenses in the past too but don't think I ever took the top slot in all three.

I'm just glad I'm going to finish back in the top five again after my disaster last year.  Actually had the lead six days ago, and now I'm 14.5 back :lol:

How about if I do it two years in a row (I did this last year too)? lol.    It would almost be a 3peat.   2010 (2nd place); I was 3rd in goals (9 goals back), 1st in assists/points.

I've shared it before as it's easily observable...  I aim for strong d, strong goal...  and do my best with well rounded forwards... often trading down marquee talent to get better at D / 2nd liners.

2010:

Def: Weber, Chara, Pietrangelo, Tyler Myers (when he was actually good)

Goal: Brodeur/Price

Forwards: DSedin, St Louis, and supporting cast of 5 of 40-60pters 

2011:

Def: Edler, Timmonen, Letang, Kaberle

Goal: Quick

Forwards: Stamkos, EStall and supporting cast of 6 of 40-60pters

2012:

Def: Suter, Ekman-Larsson, Burns, LSchenn (lacks offense, but bruising shot blocker)

Goal: Lunqvist

Forwards: Toews, Hall and supporting cash of 7 of 20-30pters

Edited by aylbert, 15 April 2013 - 04:49 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#222 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Damn, you're right you did win the triple crown last year :lol:

I actually thought I'd have a top three offense even before I traded for Schultz/Brown, but it's never really materialized at any time. My secondary defensive scoring has been iffy at best and my leading goalscorer's been freaking Cody Hodgson.  Only he, Eriksson (in a down year) and Green (despite missing ten games) have scored double-digit goals for me.  

Can't even blame it on the shortened season since the best team last year probably is going to win again this year :P

Looking back at the standings from prior years I noticed one jaw-dropping oddity...two years ago when I won, I had a team +/- of +102.  Last year's nightmare I had a -71.  I don't think anyone's ever had a 173 difference in that number from one year to the next lol.  At least this year I've come in between both extremes with a +4 but I'm still in the bottom half points-wise of that category.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#223 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Damn, you're right you did win the triple crown last year :lol:

I actually thought I'd have a top three offense even before I traded for Schultz/Brown, but it's never really materialized at any time. My secondary defensive scoring has been iffy at best and my leading goalscorer's been freaking Cody Hodgson.  Only he, Eriksson (in a down year) and Green (despite missing ten games) have scored double-digit goals for me.  

Can't even blame it on the shortened season since the best team last year probably is going to win again this year :P

Looking back at the standings from prior years I noticed one jaw-dropping oddity...two years ago when I won, I had a team +/- of +102.  Last year's nightmare I had a -71.  I don't think anyone's ever had a 173 difference in that number from one year to the next lol.  At least this year I've come in between both extremes with a +4 but I'm still in the bottom half points-wise of that category.

+/- really depends on who is available in your draft position...     You could draft for +/-; but it seems like a bad bet to give up a fair amount of offense for the benefit of one category.  

I could have fixed my horrid blocks, but couldn't find a good blend in a trade... and I didn't want dope up on blocks while forfeiting offensive stats.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#224 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm just happy I'm in the top 10.  My scoring resembles the Devs!! not only am I in last in goals, i'm like 10 goals away from the next worst!!!

As bad as my scoring is the thing that has killed me is my GAA & my save %, never expected to be so bad in those categories....

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#225 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

That's some bad luck in nets...  Fleury and Nabakov each have better stats than your teams stats; meaning bad start selections - which is a crapshoot largely.

I wanted to start Mason last night over Lundqvist off a feeling; but in the end, stayed safe and lost on it.

For scoring; it's DSedin's losing his scoring touch...  but I'm also not a fan of having 4 Canucks.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#226 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I am so done with this season, the fourth start I missed Khudobin in net (probably another shutout with my luck) and I was checking Yahoo, I checked the Bruins' HF board like an hour before the game but I didn't really think they'd put him in anyway after Rask was supposed to start the other night and obviously didn't.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#227 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

That's some bad luck in nets...  Fleury and Nabakov each have better stats than your teams stats; meaning bad start selections - which is a crapshoot largely.

I wanted to start Mason last night over Lundqvist off a feeling; but in the end, stayed safe and lost on it.

For scoring; it's DSedin's losing his scoring touch...  but I'm also not a fan of having 4 Canucks.

I did not start out with 4 canucks..  originally it was only Sedin, picked up Kessler & Hanse off waivers & traded for Burrows, gernally I donot like that many players from 1 team, but Van  has been pretty hot lately.  Sedin has killed me, I expected much more scoring from him comsidering where I took him...

And you are 100% right bout my goalies, I was playing Fluery alot early and his stats were not great, switched to Nab, and fluery gets a Shut, switch back and he leets up a 5 spot, same the other way, just really bad choices on my part, I need to get a 1st round goalie and just play him every night ...

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#228 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Kesler on waivers, injuries aside, is silly to me.    Almost as bad as getting JVR on waivers.  (in a deep league like this).

Every year I like my draft and feel I make some good free agency pickups...   but I often lose on trades.  

This year I feel I did better with trades, but no steals...  Suter was great; but I gave up Kane for him.

1. Henrik Lundqvist     -active roster-
Slow start like usual, but really picked it up at the end

2. Jonathan Toews   -active roster-

Very happy with this pick

3. Patrick Kane  -traded-

Traded with Kostka (hot atm D) and Kipprusoff (later) for Suter, Franzen Theodore... thought for sure I was going to regret this one, but Suter lead my D this year... Franzen, so-so.

4. Taylor Hall  -active roster-

Very happy with this pick

5. Mike Richards  -traded-

Disapointing... I thought he was going to do a lot better.  Traded with for Lecavalier

6. Brent Burns -active roster-

Looked like a bust and I was very disapointed

7. Oliver Ekman-Larsson -active roster-
Can't complain... put up what I thought I was getting with him.

8. Tyler Ennis -active roster-

I thought he was going to have a better year...  he was steady as my Utility player though this year

9. Radim Vrbata  -active roster-

When I drafted Vrbata, I had instant regret.  I needed a RW2 and I wanted Jagr who just was taken.   I was debating between Vrbata and Ryder; and rolled the dice on Vrbata and felt bad on it...   in the end, he did alright;  Ryder was better though.

10. Bryan Little -active roster-

Decent depth player drafted for depth...  I was hoping he hit double digit goals though; he won't. 

11. Miikka Kiprusoff -traded-
I though this was a steal; instead Kipper is shot.   I was able to toss him into my Suter deal as an 'upgrade' over Theodore... but really, both goalies were injured garbage.

12. Dmitry Kulikov -active roster-
Hitting, blocking D will be injured and he was... I have no complaints but I didn't start him much because I filled his role with Schenn.

13. Luke Schenn  -active roster-
Very happy with Luke Schenn...   lots of blocking and hitting, and he doesn't kill my +/-.    Great 4th D for me.

14. Vinny Prospal -traded-

Decent depth forward, but I wasn't playing him.   I paired him with Richards for Lecavalier

15. Adam Larsson -dropped-

My Devil selection, my Devil drop.  I thought he might put up decent points this year... but no.

16. Todd Bertuzzi -dropped-
Didn't keep him very long.  I think he had a 2 goal game, but then was injured early...  

17. Craig Smith -dropped-

I took a flyer and threw it out down the block.

18. Troy Brouwer -active roster-

Very happy with Brouwer...  for where I got him, he's been an excellant depth forward.  I tried to play the streaks to get some extra goals.

Solid Free Agents:

Jiri Tlusty- Can't complain... streaky scorer; I've collect some goals off him

Revolving Free Agents:

Gregory Campbell- Hot with Jagr... I haven't used him; likely wont.

Steve Mason - Seems to be putting up decent numbers in Philly

Martin Biron- Useless really, but handcuff for Lundqvist

Trades:

Ryan Suter- Just loved this pickup... wish he'd score some goals though

Johan Franzen- Injured for a bit...  wanted more offense, like his dual-wing though

Vincent Lecavalier- I got the center I thought I was getting... again, a few more goals I'd be happier...  the injury was annoying/

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#229 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

lol I'm literally getting a -8 every day now.

#230 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hmm... why is Zidlicky making forward roster changes... he's maxed out.   

It also looks like he was able to sneak a 97th game for both C and LW.  I was wondering how Yahoo handles choosing which performance to use if players are playing at the same time  (or in the same game)...    

Edited by aylbert, 22 April 2013 - 01:32 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#231 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yeah you can get around the game limits slightly, I've done it the last few years lol (one extra game out of forward spots or as many as three extra on D if you have one game left and four playing that day). Can't get around it at Utility or Goalie though since you only play one game a day there.

And if the owner knew he was over the game limits he wouldn't have been over the limit with a week left lol

#232 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I guess I'll rework my schedule later to get these games since Saturday is chock full of games.

I spent all that time figuring out when to bench Toews his one game too so I stay compliant with the max...  lol

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#233 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

goning to try to work thise extra games into my last week!!!

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#234 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hmm... why is Zidlicky making forward roster changes... he's maxed out.   

It also looks like he was able to sneak a 97th game for both C and LW.  I was wondering how Yahoo handles choosing which performance to use if players are playing at the same time  (or in the same game)...    

More like MAZZED OUT...Amirite?!

n2eg.jpg

#235 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

More like MAZZED OUT...Amirite?!

Zidlicky's balls are bottoming out in the worst way... Amirite?!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#236 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Zidlicky's balls are bottoming out in the worst way... Amirite?!

As soon as Zids was taken I should have went with one of these other choices: Scott Robs Niedermayer, I'm Tappen Kathryn or Strappin' Young Ladd

Still though..still hangin' around in 5th. Not too shabby at all.

Edited by TheMazz, 24 April 2013 - 11:37 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#237 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

As soon as Zids was taken I should have went with one of these other choices: Scott Robs Niedermayer, I'm Tappen Kathryn or Strappin' Young Ladd

Still though..still hangin' around in 5th. Not too shabby at all.

All fun names... and my dig was in good jest.    Hanging around 5 aint bad at all.    I was in  the cellar my first few years.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#238 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

All fun names... and my dig was in good jest.    Hanging around 5 aint bad at all.    I was in  the cellar my first few years.

Oh yeah I got that it was in jest right away. No harm done. Trust me I'm a type of person that's not easily offended. haha.

And I'm convinced I'd be in the basement this year if it wasn't for that Nash deal.

Edited by TheMazz, 24 April 2013 - 05:13 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#239 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Oh yeah I got that it was in jest right away. No harm done. Trust me I'm a type of person that's not easily offended. haha.

And I'm convinced I'd be in the basement this year if it wasn't for that Nash deal.

It was his first year... but I didn't exactly hold back my criticism of that deal.   Nick said it was a long season and we'll see.   We were about equal with each in the middle at the time... Now he is sitting 101 pts behind me.

The Kane for Suter/Franzen deal - I think I'd be happy on either side of that deal.    The Nash deal was a hosing in any light.

Live and learn; I hope he comes back strong next year!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#240 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

trying to drop Corvo so I can play Karlsson tongiht, but it will not let me drop him today only efdfective tmrw, that Bites!!!  Still trying to get to 5th Place!!

Has help!!

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users