265 replies to this topic

#241 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

That wouldn't really be kosher since movements are always on the next day basis.

But you would have two more games to get him in.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#242 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

It's a Yahoo! setting anyway (roster moves/transactions being eligible for the 'next' day), I can't really change that one.  Lame they won't let you take a player off of IR that day but it's always been that way :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#243 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

If i had a guy on my roster that I could move to IR to replace Karlsson I could do it today, but becuase i need to drop a player it will not let it happen until tmrw, I should have thought ahead and just put him on the roster... stupid me....  Just another bad decision i have made this year,

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#244 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Stay away Has...  seriously.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#245 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

If i had a guy on my roster that I could move to IR to replace Karlsson I could do it today, but becuase i need to drop a player it will not let it happen until tmrw, I should have thought ahead and just put him on the roster... stupid me....  Just another bad decision i have made this year,

To play nice; on Sunday; you should be playing Karlsson as utility... since you kill your Defense usage on Saturday.  :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#246 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Stay away Has...  seriously.

Seriously. Stop :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#247 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

I almost wish I didn't get this close, now I know I would be in the lead for sure if I hadn't missed those four goalie starts lol.  Or I might be in the lead anyway if the Devils had bothered to score one or two lousy goals on Lundqvist today, I thought I was done after that.  At least I might have made tomorrow semi-interesting assuming you don't nose further away in the late games (I have my utility game left with a goalie playing tomorrow) :P

Rask holding onto a third-period lead or even the shutout would have helped too.  I needed to have a perfect day to catch you, so far it's been somewhat close but not nearly enough.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 April 2013 - 10:22 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#248 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

I almost wish I didn't get this close, now I know I would be in the lead for sure if I hadn't missed those four goalie starts lol.  Or I might be in the lead if the Devils had bothered to score one or two lousy goals on Lundqvist today.  At least it might have made tomorrow semi-interesting assuming you don't nose further away in the late games (I have my utility game left with a goalie playing tomorrow) :P

I'm well aware.     I'm actually upset I had Schenn on my bench when I knew Kulikov was done for the season.   Those 2 blocks would have broken our 395 block tie against each.  Every .5 counts.

I'm more concerned with Boston Goalies right now...     We were tied on GAA before today, now i hold a .07 advantage.  But save % tight now I hold a .001 lead on you.   So a good game gets you the title.     

It's always good to be in the lead...   but I'm not exactly celebrating tonight like I thought I would be this afternoon when the shutout posted.  (I've long given up on the Devs this season to even bother caring about being shutout against the f'n Rags)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#249 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

The problem with tomorrow is having my two remaining players at cross-odds with each other.  For example, I can pass one team in SOG and two teams in goals scored with a good day from Michalek (and/or numbers from my two D tonight) but that wouldn't help vis-a-vis Rask/Khudobin.  I was even looking at Boston forwards to pick up just to alleviate that but they're all the fourth line guys, none really worth throwing a flier on.  I could always pick up a D and play them in utility just to get blocks and not have to go against my goalies scoring-wise but I'm not going to completely know how the categories shake out by the time I go to bed.

#250 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

The problem with tomorrow is having my two remaining players at cross-odds with each other.  For example, I can pass one team in SOG and two teams in goals scored with a good day from Michalek (and/or numbers from my two D tonight) but that wouldn't help vis-a-vis Rask/Khudobin.  I was even looking at Boston forwards to pick up just to alleviate that but they're all the fourth line guys, none really worth throwing a flier on.  I could always pick up a D and play them in utility just to get blocks and not have to go against my goalies scoring-wise but I'm not going to completely know how the categories shake out by the time I go to bed.

That is true... for some reason in my head I had it that you had Lucic and Boston G tomorrow.     So slightly better for me.    Hopefully Hall, Vrbata, Burns, or Ekkman-Larsson can get me a block or two...    a shortie point would be great.   You're in that climb where I was in mid March; where I just bypassed the tight group of idling teams with some heavy offense.   A 2 or 3 goal game from Michalek could do wonders; but the Sens play rather tight...

It's like I said...  I'm most fearful of goaltending...      which means Michalek will sink me.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#251 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hopefully Hall, Vrbata, Burns, or Ekkman-Larsson can get me a block or two...    a shortie point would be great. 

Damn straight hat trick, shortie, Vrbata!   #DraftedGift

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#252 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

That extra two points with the late Vrbata shorthanded goal made the math a lot harder.  Best I can figure it, I can pick up 2 points with a 'good' goalie performance (win, 1 GAA with 22+ saves), 2.5 with a shutout and 3.5 with an off-the-charts shutout (like 38+ saves).

Offensively even if I got a fairly decent performance from Michalek (goal, assist, one PPP) I'd only get a 1.5 point bump and like I said I'd lose at the other end - the most goalie points I could get in that scenario is 1 for the win.  I don't think Paille gives me those numbers and Wiercoch's been a scratch since Karlsson came back plus I'd have the same issue with him as Michalek.  

I think my best bet is just to go after you with potentially two swing points up for grabs in blocks and start Methot.  Then I could tie you overall if I passed you in Blocks/SvPct with another goalie win, and it's possible you lose half a point in a couple categories depending on how other team's players do.

EDIT: I initially forgot to account for you losing a point in save percentage if I passed you there, so I could pick up 3 points with a good goalie performance (win, 1 Goal allowed with 22+ saves) with gaining a point in wins/save pct each and you losing a point in save pct, 3.5 with a shutout tacked on and 4.5 with the off-the-charts shutout (38+ saves).  Makes the overall math a 'little' more realistic.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#253 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Gameplan for the last two periods: Boston comes back to win with no more goals allowed (Rask getting 14 or so saves in the process), Methot gets one more block and Marchand gets a +1 to take away .5 from ayl in +/-.  Still doable, but another goal allowed pretty much ends it.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

And it's done...congrats on two in a row aylbert, a terrific accomplishment in a league as competitive as this.  I'm glad this league remained active throughout the year with 12 of the 19 teams making double digit moves and only a handful or less being truly dead rosters.

I'll take my silver medal with no regrets (especially after my lost season last year), we both had our chances to win this thing, you were just a little better in the end.

#255 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

I finished 8th and my roster was all auto picked.. This league wasn't THAT competitive lol

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#256 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

No it wasn't that smart haha, at least five or six teams blew up their game limits early, which was part of the reason for my late surge.  But that'll happen (no matter how many times I remind everyone) considering there was a lot of new blood.

And btw considering you got autodrafted a possible Hart winner (Tavares) and Vezina winner (Bobrovsky), that's a pretty good foundation autodraft or manual draft :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#257 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

And it's done...congrats on two in a row aylbert, a terrific accomplishment in a league as competitive as this.  I'm glad this league remained active throughout the year with 12 of the 19 teams making double digit moves and only a handful or less being truly dead rosters.

I'll take my silver medal with no regrets (especially after my lost season last year), we both had our chances to win this thing, you were just a little better in the end.

Thank you very much!

Two years ago you held me to second after a furious late charge...  it's fitting this year I return the favor.   You made this week very uncomfortable and tonight quite stressful for a fantasy GM.

Most thought I was dumb for forfeiting the 1st overall pick; but obviously I'm quite happy with it.

As far as autodrafting; I don't think that matters as much...  it's more about managing your roster throughout the season; especially since its not a H2H league.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#258 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

And to add to the point.  OnDeck; you were one of the ones with sub 10 moves...  (but a completed roster play).

Only VooDoo is in a position where they were a bottom feeder with excessive games left.

Ideally Id want to see 20 teams all actively managing their teams throughout the year...   moves or not.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#259 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

You second-guessed yourself too on dropping back one or two spots too far lol.  But at least you made the right choice at 5 with Lundqvist, if you'd waited till the second round to get a goalie, the next three goalies off the board after your second-round pick were Ward, Marty and Lehtonen rofl.

#260 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,949 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

And to add to the point.  OnDeck; you were one of the ones with sub 10 moves...  (but a completed roster play).

Only VooDoo is in a position where they were a bottom feeder with excessive games left.

Ideally Id want to see 20 teams all actively managing their teams throughout the year...   moves or not.

Well of the seven teams that came up short in games played, two (DM and NICKNJD) were slightly misleading, since all their missed games came at D.  I'm guessing they just didn't really care about playing dreck there, but my suggestion for that is pick up +/- or Hits/Blocks guys to fill out the ranks if you have injuries there, since you aren't getting point production on the wire for the most part.  And StormJosh really wasn't 'that' far off at every position except at goalie, and it's tough for most teams to make up games there.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users