307 replies to this topic

#101 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

If Kovy walks Lou would have to be manning multiple phones to find some more talent.

#102 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

with all those statements coming out and hearing Kovy himself not re-assuring that he doesnt know 100% if he'll be back... scaring the sh!t out of me, real nervous now

but LETS SAY he would indeed walk... do you think Bettman would be kind enough to give us back our first round pick considering the situation? serious question.

You're understandbly nervous but I wouldn't let it bother you too much. It seems like there are way too many hurdles Kovalchuk/KHL would have to jump succesfully to actually get him to stay in Russia. Sure there is a chance but I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Knowing Bettman he'd probably fine the Devils another 1st round pick for not being able to retain their player.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#103 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Where's Triumph to talk us down?

#104 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

with all those statements coming out and hearing Kovy himself not re-assuring that he doesnt know 100% if he'll be back... scaring the sh!t out of me, real nervous now

but LETS SAY he would indeed walk... do you think Bettman would be kind enough to give us back our first round pick considering the situation? serious question.

I'm guessing they will

#105 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Just think if Kovy walks, we have a ton of cap room!

#106 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just think if Kovy walks, we have a ton of cap room!

To sign whom?

#107 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Trying not to make too much out of this, but geez...I don't even know how to react to it. Guess I need to see it actually happen first...but can't say I'm full of warm and fuzzies.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#108 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

If he misses one game I'm sorry I do not care how good he is short of death in the family, his expensive Russian ass better be on the ice or the league should let us out of his contract.
I would love to have his contract back, and I would hope they do give us our 1st rounder and more back.
We gave up players picks got fined all for a player who wants to stay home, first Zach gets home sick now Kovalchuck, this is sickening to think it is even being talked about. I bet he will still want his 80 mill and he will want to come back next year. Stay home!
Sorry everyone I'm just venting just the thought is making me crazy!

#109 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

To sign whom?

Exactly, maybe we can find a home sick New Jersey born player!

#110 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Exactly, maybe we can find a home sick New Jersey born player!

We can steal Anthony Stolarz from the Flyers and he'll replace Marty in net

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#111 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

If he misses one game I'm sorry I do not care how good he is short of death in the family, his expensive Russian ass better be on the ice or the league should let us out of his contract.
I would love to have his contract back, and I would hope they do give us our 1st rounder and more back.
We gave up players picks got fined all for a player who wants to stay home, first Zach gets home sick now Kovalchuck, this is sickening to think it is even being talked about. I bet he will still want his 80 mill and he will want to come back next year. Stay home!
Sorry everyone I'm just venting just the thought is making me crazy!

I'd be lying if I said "fvck you Ilya" hasn't been going through my head multiple times since I first read this. I'm hoping by the end we're chucking about how silly this all was.

That being said, another part of me is intrigued by the possibilities that could open up if he waves bye-bye to the Devils.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#112 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'd be lying if I said "fvck you Ilya" hasn't been going through my head multiple times since I first read this. I'm hoping by the end we're chucking about how silly this all was.

That being said, another part of me is intrigued by the possibilities that could open up if he waves bye-bye to the Devils.

What possibilites? Camp is on Sunday and the season opens in 10 days!

#113 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Russia wants the NHL to allow NHL players to go to Sochi in 2014. I imagine the NHL is opposed - the games will happen in the middle of the night, and I don't think Olympic hockey is that great for the NHL. I also imagine that's what all this is about, and if the NHL says we're going to Sochi, Kovalchuk (and most of the others) will come back.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#114 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

What possibilites? Camp is on Sunday and the season opens in 10 days!

I think they'd definitely be screwed for this season. I meant the seasons beyond. I'm not going to pretend this will be a good thing...it will be embarrassing for the NHL, the Devils, and Devils fans...ewwwww, I really don't want to think about this...

#30 FOREVER!

#115 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm sorry don't know him or how good he is but at this point sign em, lol

I'm old enough to remember Sean Burke comment to the papers that half of all New Jersey Devils fans were really Rangers fans, he was traded shortly after that. Lou will not put up with this crap, no way!

#116 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm sorry don't know him or how good he is but at this point sign em, lol

I'm old enough to remember Sean Burke comment to the papers that half of all New Jersey Devils fans were really Rangers fans, he was traded shortly after that. Lou will not put up with this crap, no way!

When he started getting booed (basically for sucking ass), he told the Devils fans who didn't support him that they could all go to hell.

From what I remember, Lou sent him home during the '90-'91 season, then let him rot during the whole '91-'92 before trading him and Eric Weinrich to Hartford for Bobby Holik and the Whalers' 2nd rounder (became Jay Pandolfo) before the '92-'93 season.

#30 FOREVER!

#117 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

So sans Kovalchuk, what kind of lines do we have?

#118 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

When he started getting booed (basically for sucking ass), he told the Devils fans who didn't support him that they could all go to hell.

From what I remember, Lou sent him home during the '90-'91 season, then let him rot during the whole '91-'92 before trading him and Eric Weinrich to Hartford for Bobby Holik and the Whalers' 2nd rounder (became Jay Pandolfo) before the '92-'93 season.

I may be wrong but I thought he told papers about most Devils fans were Ranger fans but I could be wrong I'm getting old, I do remember him sucking but Lou got rid of him quick
Edit I do remember Lou letting him sit! Sorry

Edited by Devs1965, 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#119 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I may be wrong but I thought he told papers about most Devils fans were Ranger fans but I could be wrong I'm getting old, I do remember him sucking but Lou got rid of him quick
Edit I do remember Lou letting him sit! Sorry

Last post on this for me (not Kovy-related), but the Devils gave Burke multiple chances to get his on-ice act together, often at Chris Terreri's expense, who was consistently outplaying him (and not complaining about Burke getting those undeserved chances)...I think Lou's telling him to get lost, then making him sit for over a year was as strong an "F U" as he's ever given...Lou basically did it to be a dick...he could've traded Burke earlier than he did.

#30 FOREVER!

#120 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Can't say I disagree. I'm tired of guys that don't want to be here. Next time I do get a jersey (I have Brodeur/Elias/Dano/Rafalski/Parise and the latter is going in the closet for a looong time) - and that's going to be sometime down the road, all things considered - at this point it'll be a guy like Greene or Salvador, you know guys that actually WANT to be a Devil :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users