125 replies to this topic

#41 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

The question is, when do we play Minnesota?
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#42 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

none right?? i was under the impression there wasn't gonna be any inner-conference play...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#43 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

The only time we ever have a chance to play Minnesota this season is in the Stanley Cup Finals
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#44 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I just can't get over Parise... Here we were, set for another decade, and...
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#45 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I just can't get over Parise... Here we were, set for another decade, and...

Its only gonna suck for the first few years... Sooner than later hes gonna be a liability with that cap hit compared to his production and we'll be happy that he left... Juuuuuust like Gomez

www.SterioDesign.com

#46 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

A 1 o'clock game versus the Islanders at their place would be too much to hand, the atmosphere would be off the rocker...

#47 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I've updated this post with the most updated info I've seen from various sources on twitter. I'm actually really interested to see how close to reality these wind up being in the end, it could be a hell of a case study on how "news" moves through Twitter.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#48 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Don't really know where to post this but does anyone know when the season tickets are going to be shipped out? A friend of mine who is a Rangers season ticket holder just got his tickets today for the first 10 games and they are just marked game 1, game 2, etc etc with no opponents or dates on them.

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Don't really know where to post this but does anyone know when the season tickets are going to be shipped out? A friend of mine who is a Rangers season ticket holder just got his tickets today for the first 10 games and they are just marked game 1, game 2, etc etc with no opponents or dates on them.

Hopefully the Devils will be this smart....but thats an oxymoron.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Didn't the NBA do that, or at least the Knicks? (send out season tickets with just 'game 1', 'game 2' on it last year). It may come to that with all this last-minute changing of the schedule. You'd figure they would just have a 48-game schedule in the drawer ready to go since it was obvious from a month ago that's where this was headed, but that'd be too easy for this league.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#51 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

http://blogs.northje...iseum/#comments

Gulitti just confirmed Devils @ Islanders on January 19th as each team's opener.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#52 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Oh Im going!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#53 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Didn't the NBA do that, or at least the Knicks? (send out season tickets with just 'game 1', 'game 2' on it last year). It may come to that with all this last-minute changing of the schedule. You'd figure they would just have a 48-game schedule in the drawer ready to go since it was obvious from a month ago that's where this was headed, but that'd be too easy for this league.

How can you have a schedule ready when you don't have a CBA ratification yet?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#54 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

We must take over the Island....and chant Anti-Bettman sentiments in unison with the Isles fans before the puck is dropped!!! I wish it was a leaguewide campaign!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#55 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I would take my nephew if the ticket prices are cheap enough... He has never been to an away game yet.

Regular season I could get near the glass for ~$40 hmmm....

Edited by Dead, 10 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#56 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hopefully its a 1pm game, hate the drive back late at night.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Just bought 9 tickets, might have a couple extras to sell a few days before the game!!!!!!!!

See you at NJ EAST!

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

How can you have a schedule ready when you don't have a CBA ratification yet?

There's a difference between having a schedule and making it public. Obviously you can't do the latter, but you should at least have some idea of what the schedule is. It seemed like they were even debating the format until a couple days ago (whether it was going to be 7-2 or 4/5-3 in terms of division/conference games).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#59 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Just bought 9 tickets, might have a couple extras to sell a few days before the game!!!!!!!!

See you at NJ EAST!

How did you buy them?

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#60 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

How did you buy them?

This afternoon, someone I know said that the Islanders game on the 19th (previously vs. Columbus) almost had to be switched to accomodate New Jersey. Sure enough, a couple hours later, Tom Gulitti announces that that is indeed the case.

So on StubHub, I bought 9 tickets for the Islanders vs. Columbus game on the 19th. When you buy them, a window pops up saying that, "because of the lockout, game times and opponents may change" and that StubHub allows you to get a full refund if this is the case. Obviously, I would decline that refund and keep the tickets.

Pretty much the worst scenario in all of this would be me getting my money back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users