28 replies to this topic

#21 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I like the non signing. I don't think you can expect lightning to strike twice, we should be getting younger not older. Let the Butlers,Darches and Tedenbys of the team compete for the spot. If it doesn't pan out, pull a Poni-esque trade for one of our D Men
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#22 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Was going to create a new thread about Petr but found this one.

Has anyone heard whats going on with him? I was a Sykora fan during his first tenure with NJ so I'm curious. Last I heard he was "going to play in the NHL this year." Well, where the heck is he? :noclue:

#23 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

i'm guessing all teams are assessing their situation for the first 5 games or so to see what changes they need, since teams like us have juniors that will be sent down depending on their performance.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 23 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#24 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Sykie has signed with a Swiss team
good luck Petr
http://www.rts.ch/sp...etr-sykora.html

#25 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sykie has signed with a Swiss team
good luck Petr
http://www.rts.ch/sp...etr-sykora.html

I touched on it earlier in the GDT, but at work so couldn't provide link. Now we have one! Thanks!

1dun.jpg

#26 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I touched on it earlier in the GDT, but at work so couldn't provide link. Now we have one! Thanks!

I looked around a bit but didn't see anything (but I figured somebody mentioned it somewhere!), good thing I didn't start a new topic about it!

#27 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

HAHA I was pretty sure we had a Sykora thread around here somewhere, then got side tracked, forgot I was suppose to be looking for it, then ended up in the GDT. OOPS!

On subject, is it really possible no NHL teams wanted him? His agent was pretty confident there would be a NHL contract so I'd assume there were at least a few offers that Sykora was going over. I guess the Swiss team was more money?

1dun.jpg

#28 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

HAHA I was pretty sure we had a Sykora thread around here somewhere, then got side tracked, forgot I was suppose to be looking for it, then ended up in the GDT. OOPS!

On subject, is it really possible no NHL teams wanted him? His agent was pretty confident there would be a NHL contract so I'd assume there were at least a few offers that Sykora was going over. I guess the Swiss team was more money?

I though there were one or two clubs interested, but who knows? I thought with us losing zach and poni and Sykora, and Henrique hurt and Teddy not cutting it, Lou might sign Sykie for a cheap fill in role....but

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

A cursory glance at the Swiss league website indicates their season ends in February sometime, with the playoff finals coming in early April. I don't know if Sykora would have to clear waivers in the NHL if he came back and signed a contract (I assume so, though). I also can't imagine he is making more money in the Swiss league than the NHL.

Edited by Triumph, 28 January 2013 - 01:00 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users