Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Eh no biggie.
1) I agree he's probably a little bitter
2) talking to the Minn press. It's probably more about praising Minn than dissing NJ
3) he's right

#42 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Maybe that's why we make the playoffs *almost every year. Maybe the team enjoys a nice relaxing atmosphere. Who cares what Brian shoots misses wide says?

Edited by pumpkin cutter, 12 January 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,420 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Truth. And it's not just about this; there's a huge portion of the Devils fan base that insists upon being super-touchy over just about everything.

In this case I think it's more about the messenger than the actual message though, since it's pretty benign as far as criticisms go.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,616 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

In this case I think it's more about the messenger than the actual message though, since it's pretty benign as far as criticisms go.

Doesn't that just prove my point, though?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#45 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

The whole time Rolston was back he refused to take responsibility for his poor play and winked his way through his 2nd stint. He blamed it on his lack of getting a chance to play with the top players. Then when he was traded he again, rather than take responsibility, he said something to the effect of, "I'm happy to go somewhere where I'll get the chance to prove myself." Now he has a grudge against us. He needs to get a clue.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#46 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Only Brian Rolston could have his greatest impact with a team being traded twice. Traded for Claude and then traded from there to Boston for Bourque. And of course being the highest paid third liner this side of Jason Blake. DAMMIT Rolston.
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users