Rolston = Ouch!

hoekster316

From Michael Russo's "At 39, retirement looms for two former Wild stars" article:

Rolston said he would look back at his time with the Wild.

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

Full article: http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/186405021.html?refer=y

From Michael Russo's "At 39, retirement looms for two former Wild stars" article:

Rolston said he would look back at his time with the Wild.

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

Full article: http://www.startribu...21.html?refer=y

Well then maybe you should have stayed there Big Bri.

He's not wrong about the NJ crowd, they're not exactly known for their energy and loudness.

One of those "good on paper" signings that went horribly wrong...what are you going to do?

To build a high energy atmosphere you really need a near-full arena most nights.. Our issue is that weekday games are pretty empty, so fans just aren't used to being loud.. But look at our playoff run, the intensity in that building just grew so much each game

Either way, I don't see why the crowd should have an impact on players.. If you need people in the stands being loud in order to get pumped for the game, you're not a very good professional athlete.. Maybe Rolston is blaming the fans for his demise :P

Edited by Colin226

This is one of those situations where we're probably reading waaaaaaay more into what he's saying than what's really there...especially since his second round here absolutely sucked. All he's saying is the Minnesota crowd is more energetic than the NJ crowd, and a lot of nights that's probably correct...but I don't think anyone in NJ wanted to hear it from Brian "Roger Dorn" Rolston.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This is one of those situations where we're probably reading waaaaaaay more into what he's saying than what's really there...especially since his second round here absolutely sucked. All he's saying is the Minnesota crowd is more energetic than the NJ crowd, and a lot of nights that's probably correct...but I don't think anyone in NJ wanted to hear it from Brian "Roger Dorn" Rolston.

Yeah, this, plus he's talking to a Minnesota reporter. I think he'd remember how loud the crowd was after he scored against Carolina - well, you know, if the Devils had held on to that damn lead...

What's that? An ex-Devil who:

- played like absolute sh!t here

- was overpaid

- fell out of favor with the coaches and fans, and

- was eventually (dishonorably, if it can be applied here) traded to a perennial basement dweller

had something bad to say about the Devils? Shocker.

Like someone else said, he had best thank the stars he wasn't in a Montreal or Toronto, he would've been boo'd out of the freakin building.

What's that? An ex-Devil who:

- played like absolute sh!t here correct

- was overpaid correct, but that's how it goes with free agents. If he simply matched what he had done with Minnesota, the deal would've been fine

- fell out of favor with the coaches and fans, and correct

- was eventually (dishonorably, if it can be applied here) traded to a perennial basement dweller correct, clearly was a salary dump

had something bad to say about the Devils? Shocker.

Like someone else said, he had best thank the stars he wasn't in a Montreal or Toronto, he would've been boo'd out of the freakin building.

He didn't have anything bad to say about the Devils. You saw what he said. One crowd is more energetic than the other. That was it. Not one word said about the Devils.

After all these years we still get offended when our crowd gets slammed? C'mon now, we all know our atmosphere isn't that great compared to other arenas (not including playoffs obviously).

Devils fans have an intense inferiority complex. And, it's understandable when the team has dominated this area for so long and is STILL second fiddle to the Rangers and is hardly a blip on the NHL's radar.

Devils fans have an intense inferiority complex. And, it's understandable when the team has dominated this area for so long and is STILL second fiddle to the Rangers and is hardly a blip on the NHL's radar.

I think the general attitude of Devils fans towards the Rangers should emulate the attitude I've had towards the Rangers pretty much forever: 'fvck you, we're better than you.' The Rangers are beneath the Devils as an organization. So in that regard, maybe I have a superiority complex. Because the Devils are superior to the Rangers in everything that matters, and have been for a very long time.

Rolston's lucky we weren't Toronto/Montreal otherwise he would have gotten booed out of the building while he stunk it up here.

THIS!

He was an overpaid sack of sh!t, dogging it out there.....then driving home in his shiny Bentley...gimme a break guy! Good riddance pal, I will always remember you fondly for your first stint, but keep your mouth shut and enjoying watching NHL games on your television....

I think the general attitude of Devils fans towards the Rangers should emulate the attitude I've had towards the Rangers pretty much forever: 'fvck you, we're better than you.' The Rangers are beneath the Devils as an organization. So in that regard, maybe I have a superiority complex. Because the Devils are superior to the Rangers in everything that matters, and have been for a very long time.

The vast majority of Ranger fans I meet think that because the Rangers play in New York, "in the world's greatest arena", and were an Original Six, the Rangers are somehow to hockey what the Yankees are to baseball. Like I've said, it might be collectively THE dumbest and most delusional fanbase I have ever seen. Some fanbases are more violent, some are too quiet, but the Ranger fans are just flat-out dumb.

• Like 1

Rolston is a T*AT. Listen, our arena is fantastic when full. I honestly believe we have one of the loudest arenas in the league (again, when full). Parise said it himself that when he was injured and out for months that he loved the atmosphere Devils fans brought. I also hate how people equate a full building every night to 'energy'. Give me a break! Watch a game from Calgary or Ottawa, Toronto, LA, Minnesota. These arenas are packed every night but dead quiet!

The vast majority of Ranger fans I meet think that because the Rangers play in New York, "in the world's greatest arena", and were an Original Six, the Rangers are somehow to hockey what the Yankees are to baseball. Like I've said, it might be collectively THE dumbest and most delusional fanbase I have ever seen. Some fanbases are more violent, some are too quiet, but the Ranger fans are just flat-out dumb.

Quoted for truth

Edited by devlman