www.SterioDesign.com

#222 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Then in that case Tallinder + Urbom should do it if they need defense that bad. One is an experienced, serviceable NHL vet and another is a NHL ready young defenseman with a lot of potential.

Not sure that the Devils would want to package TWO defensemen however.

Maybe Tallinder + Yayo? For just ROR?

n2eg.jpg

#223 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Then in that case Tallinder + Urbom should do it if they need defense that bad. One is an experienced, serviceable NHL vet and another is a NHL ready young defenseman with a lot of potential.

Not sure that the Devils would want to package TWO defensemen however.

Maybe Tallinder + Yayo? For just ROR?

Without even thinking twice I would do that. Basially swapping RoR for JoJo and just erasing Tallinders cap. But I dont think the Avs would want that.

Edited by Zubie#8, 13 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#224 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Does Yayo = Josefson?
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#225 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Does Yayo = Josefson?

Josefson = Yayo, Jojo, Zharky 2.0 :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8, 13 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#226 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

don't forget 80 dollars of my money wasted on stitching his name.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#227 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Young centers like O'Reilly never become available. It will be interesting to see what he returns.

Denver news reports on O'Reilly

Ryan O’Reilly: the counterargument

http://blogs.denverp...argument/12557/

and...

More Avalanche Injuries: Erik Johnson out indefinitely

http://www.milehighh...ut-indefinitely

#228 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Denver news reports on O'Reilly

Ryan O’Reilly: the counterargument
http://blogs.denverp...argument/12557/

5 million dollars a year? I don't buy that. Maybe he wants 5 million in the final year of a contract taking him to/past UFA status but I don't think he's getting 5 million AVG anywhere.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 13 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#229 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'd do Josefson and Tallinder for O'Reilly without a second thought, and I'd consider throwing Merril in the deal if Colorado insisted. This is the type of player you make a move like that for. Players like Ryan O'Reilly are NEVER available.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#230 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

5 million dollars a year? I don't buy that. Maybe he wants 5 million in the final year of a contract taking him to/past UFA status but I don't think he's getting 5 million AVG anywhere.

That sounds like 'I'd like to leave' talk.

All these offers would be laughed at.  Josefson + Tallinder + Gelinas + something else for O'Reilly + a contract the Avs don't want (O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hunwick, take your pick) might get you in the door, but I think the Avs would want something better, and I think there's teams out there who could give it to them.  NJ doesn't really have that 'wow' player available.

Edited by Triumph, 13 February 2013 - 04:17 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#231 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

There are going to be a lot more holdouts with this new cba.  Teams are going to have to stick to their guns cause they can't hide money through extended contracts and players are going to hold out for what they think they're worth.  This is not good news for the Devils.  Our history when it comes to these things isn't good.  

#232 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yeah whether its true or not, the factor will be a trade the Avs desire and ROR agrees upon.  Does ROR want the play on the Jets or Leafs or a constant eastern conf. contender like the Devs? It appears many are interested...

#233 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

There are going to be a lot more holdouts with this new cba.  Teams are going to have to stick to their guns cause they can't hide money through extended contracts and players are going to hold out for what they think they're worth.  This is not good news for the Devils.  Our history when it comes to these things isn't good.  

Our history with holdouts is pretty awesome.  Devils haven't had any problems under the old CBA and I don't anticipate them to have any in this one.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#234 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I don't think the aves can ask for more than JJ and tallinder honestly. It sounds like he wants out of Colorado and that's why he's asking for that unrealistic contract. I also think other gms know the situation Colorado is in and will low ball them a bit. Similar to the kovy and Nash situations their gm is just going to take the best offer eventually. Maybe it's a little better than JJ and tallinder but I can't see it being much more for an unsigned player who has really only had 1 stand out season

#235 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

any way we could get a pick from Colorado would be fantastic especially a 2nd round pick from them, they should finish low and the first half of the 2nd round is supposed to still have good players in it

that being said they'd be trading an unsigned player who wants out they are losing leverage there you have to think of that

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#236 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Penguins trade Eric Tangradi to the Jets for a 7th per Josh Rimer

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#237 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.

#238 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.

Yep, outstanding hire. They have 3 1st rounders next year (2013 draft). I imagine they trade at least one of em before this season is out, but Columbus made probably the best move they could've today.

In other news, Andrew Brunette just retired and will be taking a job with the Wild's front office.

Edited by ghdi, 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#239 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Our history with holdouts is pretty awesome.  Devils haven't had any problems under the old CBA and I don't anticipate them to have any in this one.

That's true.  The last holdout I remember is Niedermayer back in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Posted Image

#240 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...ory/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.Yep, outstanding hire. They have 3 1st rounders next year (2013 draft). I imagine they trade at least one of em before this season is out, but Columbus made probably the best move they could've today.In other news, Andrew Brunette just retired and will be taking a job with the Wild's front office.

. With JD and Jarmo, I expect that team to be consistently good within 3 years. They did a fantastic job resurrecting the Blues and infusing them with young talent. I think this will be a turning point day for that organization when we look back on it a few years down the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users