270 replies to this topic

#101 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

he said he couldnt wait for the devils to make up their mind and wait for the whole Zach saga to be over. too lazy to find the quote though

does "try to sign him" would have been better in my original sentence ? it was dumb not to try, there ya go. It's still on Lou

Little did he know he had 6-7 months to wait anyway lol

1dun.jpg

#102 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

he said he couldnt wait for the devils to make up their mind and wait for the whole Zach saga to be over. too lazy to find the quote though

does "try to sign him" would have been better in my original sentence ? it was dumb not to try, there ya go. It's still on Lou

I don't remember any quotes like that, but maybe I just missed them. I think that's more Devils fan guesses and it's now morphing into a reality that didn't happen. I think it's pretty obvious Poni could have gotten more money that he got, so I don't think money was his driving factor.

http://blogs.northje...igns_with_jets/

The Devils did get in contact with Ponikarovsky’s agent, Rick Curran, this afternoon, but never were in the actively involved in negotiations.

I'm guessing the conversation went like this:

"Hey Rick, we'd like to see where Poni's free agency is at"

"Lou, Poni wants to play in Winnipeg with Antropov"

"Ok, Rick, that's fine, we wish him the best"

------------------------------

The Devils have oodles of cap space, it's not like Lou had to wait around to see if he could spend $1.8 million dollars or that Lou can't handle multiple negotiations at once.

Edited by Devils731, 16 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#103 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I can't remember who it was exactly, but my friend's dad met Ponikarovsky through a business associate last summer and found out that there was a either a coach or front office person that he wanted to re-unite with because he had a great relationship with them. That was just 1 of the reasons he went there.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#104 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Lombardi to Phoenix for a 4th (or 3rd, conditional on his re-signing) - Leafs are picking up salary in the deal. Lombardi wouldn't've been an awful fit here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#105 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Lou didn't sign anyone. He wasn't sure how the Parise signing would affect the cap, so he really didn't know what kind of money was available yet. Salvador, Marty, and Hedberg all had to wait.

There's also the possibility that Poni wanted to go to Winnipeg regardless.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#106 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Lou didn't sign anyone. He wasn't sure how the Parise signing would affect the cap, so he really didn't know what kind of money was available yet. Salvador, Marty, and Hedberg all had to wait.

There's also the possibility that Poni wanted to go to Winnipeg regardless.

Well there you go...why? Cause he waited last minute to try to resign all those guys, ran out of time

www.SterioDesign.com

#107 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Well there you go...why? Cause he waited last minute to try to resign all those guys, ran out of time

No, the money would be an issue regardless. Parise and his agents signed one year with the intension of hitting free agency. Lou didn't know what his cap would look like because he didn't know what Parise's decision would be. Then Zach waited a week to make a decision.

Had Lou signed everyone, it may have limited his ability to match a Parise offer. He had to play it smart.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#108 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Wish the Devils had gotten in on Lombardi. Well worth the risk/reward and probably could have been acquired for a prospect.

Connolly appears to be on his way out in Toronto. If he's bought out, he wouldn't be a bad one-year contract for the Devils to take a gamble on. He's hurt every other game, but he'd be good on the powerplay and he'd give some additional offensive options.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#109 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wish the Devils had gotten in on Lombardi. Well worth the risk/reward and probably could have been acquired for a prospect.

Connolly appears to be on his way out in Toronto. If he's bought out, he wouldn't be a bad one-year contract for the Devils to take a gamble on. He's hurt every other game, but he'd be good on the powerplay and he'd give some additional offensive options.

he just got waived. But if he's not good enough to make the Leafs, maybe he's shot now. Though it could just be the Leafs making a spot for Kadri
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#110 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Connolly has a lot of talent, but he's injured more than Gaborik. I don't see Lou making any moves to add players at this point as I think he's going to give guys like Tedenby a chance to prove themselves. I expect him to pickup someone before the deadline.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 17 January 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#111 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Nick Palmieri just got waived. That Zidlicky trade looks better and better
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#112 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,064 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Nick Palmieri just got waived. That Zidlicky trade looks better and better

The only reason NJ included him in that trade is because they saw that as an inevitability themselves. Would we really have thought it odd had Zidlicky been dealt for just a 2nd and a conditional 3rd?

#113 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

not sure where to post this but i'll post it here.... godamnit could the mtl fans be dumber than they already are... they have all the trouble in the world to sign subban cause they pumped his tires so much that his head is bigger than MTL itself...

now at the scrimmage they had tonight the crowd chanted WE WANT SUBBAN! the whole fvcking game and Subban tweeted "thank you! i miss you guys #habs" i mean... COME ON. they are absurd.

The fans run that team and no wonder they suck so hard and keep firing coaches who dont deserve it

www.SterioDesign.com

#114 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

http://islanders.nhl....htm?id=8462033

so Redden signed with the Islanders?

KatieStrang ESPN
#Isles Just spoke to Redden's agent, however, and Isles not one of teams they have talked to about him

guess not.

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#115 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Well, there it is. Wade Redden a STL Blue. Hearing 1 year deal, $800K base salary with GP bonuses that could make it $1M total.

Posted Image

#116 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
Well, there it is. Wade Redden a STL Blue. Hearing 1 year deal, $800K base salary with GP bonuses that could make it $1M total.

I'd be completely fine with Gomez getting that same deal from us. If we were to get him that is, which I go back and forth on by the hour.

#117 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Colin White's been released (please, no Lou lol) per Andy Strickland.

#118 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Kings lost Greene and need a dman bad, this could work for us.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#119 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'll take Stoll, Williams, or Loktionov please. :)

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#120 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

i think the kings are willing to ride it out with what they've got for now. greene was a 3rd pairing guy for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users