72 replies to this topic

#41 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Loving the weekend schedules for NJ. I'm gonna be able to catch a lot of games over here.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#42 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Anyone know what the price for center ice is going to be? Half price? Full? Free?

I called DirecTV customer service on Saturday night and told them I wanted to know what the price was this season...that the price would be the final decision on whether I kept the package this season or dumped it.

They told me it'd be four payments of $14.99, a hair under $60 for the entire season.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#43 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Is that the same for game center? Which (supposedly) I can stream through my Xbox?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#44 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Is that the same for game center? Which (supposedly) I can stream through my Xbox?

No idea, my good man. Sorry.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#45 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm holding out hope that they make GC free for this season.. Also, XBox had said they would make the GC app available once the lockout was over but I don't see it there yet

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#46 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I got chills watching this, cant wait for Saturday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYuZe0VgfVI

Man, that clip of Henrique gets me every time. What an awesome run...

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I got chills watching this, cant wait for Saturday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYuZe0VgfVI

That's a great video clip...have to say Friday night is going to be like christmas eve to some.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm holding out hope that they make GC free for this season.. Also, XBox had said they would make the GC app available once the lockout was over but I don't see it there yet

I read on Twitter this morning that Game Center would be $49.99.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#49 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I read on Twitter this morning that Game Center would be $49.99.

Those cheap ****s.. And I'll still wind up paying for it :-/

Well they need to get crackin because the app for phones and XBox still isn't out

Edited by Colin226, 14 January 2013 - 10:58 AM.

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#50 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

When do games become available on GameCenter? If I miss a game will I be able to watch it that night?

#51 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

When do games become available on GameCenter? If I miss a game will I be able to watch it that night?

They become available immediately after the game is played (obviously you can also watch it live via GC) and is archived for the entire season, I believe

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Those cheap ****s.. And I'll still wind up paying for it :-/

Well they need to get crackin because the app for phones and XBox still isn't out

Personally I'm at a loss to understand why you - or any other local fan - feels compelled to get GameCenter/CI.

You especially, since you literally go to/watch just about every Devils game. Most everyone in the Tri-state area gets all the MSG channels so really you could watch the other locals when the Devils aren't on. I'm going to guess you also have NBC/NBCS and the NHL Network so there's other national games during the regular season/highlights and every single playoff game live.

Assuming you have all that, why on earth do you even need GameCenter? I'm sure you're not the only one either. I have the NBC Networks and NHLN/Sirius (for other things besides the NHL Channel but I listen to it obviously) and between them and my computer I'm already feeling like it's overkill just with that.

Not a criticism cause everyone should do and get what they want but personally if it were me, I'd draw the line here and tell the league to go scratch for a year, at least with 'extras' like this. The NHLN is different cause at least they have unique non-game stuff too.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yeah I mean you make a good argument.. I just like being able to watch every game, not just whatever they put on Versus.. I also visit my gf in south jersey every other weekend and they are below the MSG line.. I guess I'll have to think about it, since I'm planning a trip to Pittsburgh for Feb 2nd and ticket prices are gonna kill me

#54 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Speaking of MSG, anybody know when they're going to release the local TV schedule?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#55 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I live in Northern Ocean County so I get all the Comcast sport channels and all the New York sport channels. Hell I even get Capital games from time to time on Comcast sportsnet. Including NBC, NBSC, and the NHL Network I get a ton of hockey without buying any packages. :icon23:

Edited by Zubie#8, 14 January 2013 - 01:49 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#56 bjd3vil

bjd3vil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

However, since you're in Harrisburg I think you'll still need Center Ice to get the games. I have cable so I'm not entirely certain, but I think DirecTV blacks out games that are not on your local sports stations.

Turns out I don't get blacked out of the games unless they just didn't black it out yet! However, I did get the Center Ice package just in case since it was only $59 this year.

#57 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

...I have the NBC Networks and NHLN/Sirius (for other things besides the NHL Channel but I listen to it obviously)....

Off-topic, I know, but I just signed up for SiriusXM over the holidays. Who calls the games on the play-by-play channels? And is there a pre-game show?

#58 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

"potential for significant snowfall on friday"

Thats going to affect the Capitals game. :(

believe-zubrus.jpg

#59 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I saw that too. I was already leaving work early for the game but it's not going to be easy getting there it looks like.

#60 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

My chances of making every home game this season are already in jeopardy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users