72 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Off-topic, I know, but I just signed up for SiriusXM over the holidays. Who calls the games on the play-by-play channels? And is there a pre-game show?

I 'think' they have one channel for every team's home broadcast but I'm not sure if it's available to basic subscribers or you needed to pay extra for it, I wasn't going to check out the radio feeds until the TV Center Ice expired. I know the NHLXM channel has some games on it but it's kinda random when they will (like Boston-Winnipeg yesterday afternoon).

I saw that too. I was already leaving work early for the game but it's not going to be easy getting there it looks like.

Good thing I picked that game for the free tickets and sold my regular pair, at least I'm not financially obligated to go Friday if it's ridiculous out though I did want to sit down below in the attacking zone for a game :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Off-topic, I know, but I just signed up for SiriusXM over the holidays. Who calls the games on the play-by-play channels? And is there a pre-game show?

I've had XM since before the merge with Sirius. For each game there is only one channel, and it is typically the home team's feed. I've heard the away one every now and then (presumably the result of technical problems). When you start to get into the later playoff rounds, there will be both home and away feeds and even the occasional national/neutral broadcast from CBC or whomever.

Depending on when the channel kicks in, we get varying amounts of the pre-game show, but usually no more than a few minutes worth. I find that I tend to get more post-game before they turn the feed off, unless the main NHLNetwork channel was used, in which case they're basically standing by, waiting to switch to another game or host talk.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#63 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Has it been confirmed whether or not the Devils are hosting their throwback game this season?

#64 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Has it been confirmed whether or not the Devils are hosting their throwback game this season?

March 16th.

#65 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've only seen that mentioned by TG, and while he said they would be announcing it, the team never did.  I wonder if anything changed, or if TG got duped or something.

Then again, they don't have a promotional schedule on the website either, so who knows. Maybe they'll just do it very last minute.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#66 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Man that last week of the season is going to be tough. Rangers Canadiens Penguins Rangers.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#67 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Not sure how valid but i heard that they are having issues with a reebok strike off-seas where they manufacture that might have impacted the retro night.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#68 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Not sure how valid but i heard that they are having issues with a reebok strike off-seas where they manufacture that might have impacted the retro night.

The authentics are made in Canada unlike the replicas and retail "authentics" aka Indo-Edges.  I really do not think that was the reason.

#69 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

The authentics are made in Canada unlike the replicas and retail "authentics" aka Indo-Edges.  I really do not think that was the reason.

Are all the retail "authentics" still crap? I got a reebok edge a while back, I believe before they changed them again.

I just don't understand why there's a difference between the on ice authentic and the retail one. There's no way in any reality, that thing costs anything near what they charge for it, so I cannot wrap my head around why they cheat people like that.

#70 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Are all the retail "authentics" still crap? I got a reebok edge a while back, I believe before they changed them again.

I just don't understand why there's a difference between the on ice authentic and the retail one. There's no way in any reality, that thing costs anything near what they charge for it, so I cannot wrap my head around why they cheat people like that.

Yeah they are still selling Indo-Edges as the retail "authentics."  Even the Devils Den at the arena has them for something like $270 and no one ever buys them.  They are still crap.

I have heard that Reebok is slowly replacing the Indo-Edges with the actual Made in Canada authentics available for retail.  However so far Reebok has only made that transition for a few teams and the Devils are not one of them.  Therefore if you want an actual on-ice authentic your best bet is to either get a game-worn or game-issued jersey from a collector or Meigray or see if Meigray have any in clearance.

#71 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah they are still selling Indo-Edges as the retail "authentics."  Even the Devils Den at the arena has them for something like $270 and no one ever buys them.  They are still crap.

I have heard that Reebok is slowly replacing the Indo-Edges with the actual Made in Canada authentics available for retail.  However so far Reebok has only made that transition for a few teams and the Devils are not one of them.  Therefore if you want an actual on-ice authentic your best bet is to either get a game-worn or game-issued jersey from a collector or Meigray or see if Meigray have any in clearance.

When did they switch to those? I'm pretty sure I got one before they put out those, as I think they changed them somewhere around the time they changed the Reebok logo to "Reebok" instead of a graphic, right?

#72 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

When did they switch to those? I'm pretty sure I got one before they put out those, as I think they changed them somewhere around the time they changed the Reebok logo to "Reebok" instead of a graphic, right?

I think since they have switched to the Indo-Edge either before last year when they started using the wordmark instead of the vector or a year before that.  The new switching to the on-ice jerseys from the Indo-Edges just started right when the lockout ended a couple months back.  I think Reebok is still only offering the Indo-Edges for Devils though for the wordmark.

#73 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I think since they have switched to the Indo-Edge either before last year when they started using the wordmark instead of the vector or a year before that.  The new switching to the on-ice jerseys from the Indo-Edges just started right when the lockout ended a couple months back.  I think Reebok is still only offering the Indo-Edges for Devils though for the wordmark.

Hmmm, interesting. Still don't understand the point, besides gouging people, but ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users