81 replies to this topic

#41 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

If Gomer and the PA make a big stink about it, I hope the Habs make it as painful as can be for him. Reporting to camp/practices and not dressing for games has to be worse than sitting home....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#42 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Per TravisHeHateMe
Interesting. NHL and NHLPA agree to two buyout windows, one of which starts before season opener. Cap hit stays for season.

So, Redden and Gomez will be actively seeking employment anytime now.

www.SterioDesign.com

#43 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Gomez for 1 year/1 mill. Make it so.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#44 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Gomez for 1 year/1 mill. Make it so.

im actually nervous that it could happen... i think its a real possibility that Lou would do it...

on the other hand... if he'd come back and produce i could make more fun of mtl lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

im actually nervous that it could happen... i think its a real possibility that Lou would do it...

on the other hand... if he'd come back and produce i could make more fun of mtl lol

He'd almost definitely be way better than whatever options NJ has for 3rd line LW. Use him as 2nd line C on PP, switch out Josefson. It would make trading a defenseman much easier too.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Gomez coming back to the Devils or not is impossible for us to tell, IMO. It would take a serious conversation between Lou and Gomez, where Lou is convinced at the end of the conversation that Gomez is a different person emotionally than he was 4 or 5 years ago. That's assuming Lou would even be willing to have that conversation in the first place. Since I can't know if Lou would talk to Gomez, or how that conversation would go, I can't imagine guessing what the Devils might do.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#47 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

if he come back at 1 million they will drill him and he will produce and prove that new jersey is a great organisation and the rags and mtl aren't

#48 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

im sure Gomez would be willing to sign REALLY CHEAP considering he's getting his full paycheck from MTL and that he has stuff to prove to the whole league

www.SterioDesign.com

#49 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I could definitely see gomez back here for 1 year <1million. If he produces it's a win-win, if he doesn't it isn't a big deal. We could use another play maker and him back here with zero expectations can be beneficial.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#50 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

fine montreal can now buyout gomez before the opener... And i have a feelings he will be with jersey

#51 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

im sure Gomez would be willing to sign REALLY CHEAP considering he's getting his full paycheck from MTL and that he has stuff to prove to the whole league

He's not getting his full paycheck - he's getting 2/3rds.

Someone will probably offer more money but there's really not a better spot to go right now if you're a forward.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#52 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

and that he has stuff to prove to the whole league

You would hope, but I'm not sure Gomez is wired that way. Can he have that FU attitude where he's going to prove the world wrong(and get paid decently big bucks again) or will he continue to be laid back and enjoy the millions he has, never really knowing where his NHL caliber play disappeared to?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#53 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Ugh...so conflicted. If he can still play, he'd be a great addition to the 2nd or 3rd line...but...but it's freakin Benedict gomez...

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

The Devils don't really need a center per se, though I could see this happening, especially if he got shifted to the wing or someone else like Henrique does.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#55 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I am absolutely fine with Gomez coming here on the super cheap. If its no risk to us, and he's willing to be humble, why not? He got a big head, was immature, and is now being treated like trash. If he came here and scored 30-40 points for us for 1 mil per, thats a steal.

Holik went to the Rags and his return was not wholly unwelcome and he basically presents himself as a Devil now.

How has Gomez been on faceoffs the last few years? I havent watched him at all except for the times the Habs have played us. He could be an upgrade in that department as Zajac seemed to be the only guy capable of winning one for long stretches last season.

#56 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Gomez Zubrus

Carter Josefson Clarkson

Darche Gionta Bernier

i'd be okay to see what this could do.

www.SterioDesign.com

#57 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I still am a Gomez fan.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

#CBA Players like Redden/Gomez will not become UFAs until team waives them and they clear waivers

ok so a team would have to pick him off waivers? then i don't think we'll have a chance to get him since we'd be 29th in priority

thats how it works right?

Edited by SterioDesign, 15 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

#CBA Players like Redden/Gomez will not become UFAs until team waives them and they clear waivers

ok so a team would have to pick him off waivers? then i don't think we'll have a chance to get him since we'd be 29th in priority

thats how it works right?

They'll waive those guys, so that they end up in the minors, then buy them out, then the players are free agents. Once the players are free agents they can sign anywhere they want.

If a team picked them up off of waivers they'd be stuck with the original contracts and cap hits.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#60 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Didnt darche say that gomez told him to go to the devils if they called? apperently he spoke really highly of us so maybe he does want to come back. i would take him back

ajq8o1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users