81 replies to this topic

#81 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

But the bottom 6 won't be the same as last year. Nor will the top 6. How are we delusional?

Yeah, I guess "delusional" isn't the word I meant to say; maybe prematurely judgmental? We're already counting our 3rd and 4th lines as ineffective when in fact they are what ended up making us stand out against our divisional rivals in the playoffs. I'm still confident, with the players we have, that AS A WHOLE 4 off/3 def line unit, the Flyers and Rangers don't match up well against us this season, and as we saw last year that's a pretty good measuring stick for the rest of the league.

Edited by DJ Eco, 17 January 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#82 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I guess "delusional" isn't the word I meant to say; maybe prematurely judgmental? We're already counting our 3rd and 4th lines as ineffective when in fact they are what ended up making us stand out against our divisional rivals in the playoffs. I'm still confident, with the players we have, that AS A WHOLE 4 off/3 def line unit, the Flyers and Rangers don't match up well against us this season, and as we saw last year that's a pretty good measuring stick for the rest of the league.

Understandable, but this is pretty much counting on catching lightning in a bottle two years in a row. To me, the team is much different on the third line and also missing two guys who played top 6 minutes...3 if we're counting Henrique's injury. Parise out, Poni out, Sykora out...Butler, Barch, Matteau, Tedenby in? That's not a fair trade in my eyes.

And while the CBGB line was good, their numbers happened because Marty played lights out for 6 weeks straight. Relying on the roster, as it is, is to me hoping that several key things fall into place two years in a row.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users