81 replies to this topic

#21 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I bought one from supejerseys.com and it seems decent. They seem to run on the small side though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

By my standards, that is perfect. Nice find. Congrats!
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#22 bjd3vil

bjd3vil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I realized that too lol. Also weird because I ordered a Sean Lee jersey from my site earlier this year. Are you me?

Lol. Maybe we are a long lost brothers? haha

I ordered Demarcus Ware and Emmitt Smith though. However, I live in Central Pennsylvania and I am a Penn State fan too.

By my standards, that is perfect. Nice find. Congrats!

I agree! You are welcome.

BTW, that Stanley Cup patch I just laid there. They sent that loose in case you didn't want it on.

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,680 posts

I agree with this guy.

Supporting terrorism? Haha. I studied international law at Villanova University for 4 years, I know how to spot a terrorist my man. If you don't want to support terrorism, you might want to start with the absurd amounts of people who buy marijuana. There are certainly more of those than the ones buying knockoff Marty Brodeur jerseys. Is there anyone here with an education? Or half a brain of common sense?

I'm not the one starting a thread asking where I can buy terrible knockoffs

#24 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

I hate jersey threads

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I bought one from supejerseys.com and it seems decent. They seem to run on the small side though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So the horrible bubbling on the letters and numbers, the terrible looking finals patch, the wrong font for the letters and numbers and the fact that the crest is on crooked is considered perfect?

It looks horrendous.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I hate jersey threads

I honestly don't get the need for this thread. All the knockoff jerseys look exactly the same and I wouldn't doubt all those websites source from the same factory.

It's also usually started by members who say they don't want to pay money to go into the pockets of millionaires but also whine when they hear news the devils are in financial trouble

#27 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

So the horrible bubbling on the letters and numbers, the terrible looking finals patch, the wrong font for the letters and numbers and the fact that the crest is on crooked is considered perfect?

It looks horrendous.

If you wanna pay $300 for better bubbling and a more straight crest, go ahead. The rest of us will be sane.
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#28 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I have 2 sites that are very good. I'll pm you them. The jerseys go for about 50 on these two sites

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

If you wanna pay $300 for better bubbling and a more straight crest, go ahead. The rest of us will be sane.

I just got my henrique premier jersey customized by EPS. For the jersey that I got on sale from sports express going out of business sale last year and lettering fees I paid $130.

BTW there should be no bubbling.
Go have fun with your terrible looking jerseys. They provide good comedy at the arena.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#30 bjd3vil

bjd3vil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

That is where I am at with this. It is not perfect, but perfect enough for me to save the money.

#31 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I hate jersey threads

Seriously. It's like one of these pops up every few months. I don't get either side of this same old arugment. Buy whatever the hell you want. I've never judged someone that was wearing a fake jersey or not at a game. I just don't get it.

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Seriously. It's like one of these pops up every few months. I don't get either side of this same old arugment. Buy whatever the hell you want. I've never judged someone that was wearing a fake jersey or not at a game. I just don't get it.

It's not jersey threads that start this. It's knockoff jersey threads.

I'm all in favor of locking or deleting this thread btw.

#33 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm not a jersey guy. I'm not an apparel guy. In fact the only thing Devils I own is a ball cap. But we are season ticket holders for the Jets and many, the majority in fact, of people I speak to, sit near and interact with on a Jets message board all buy from these sites now. It peaked my interest and I owe a Ranger fan buddy one from a bet about Paroise, I wanna buy my Ranger loving boss one. And maybe just maybe I will grab one for myself on the cheap.

For what I need to do, this works perfect.

To each his own.

It's not jersey threads that start this. It's knockoff jersey threads.

I'm all in favor of locking or deleting this thread btw.

How about you stop posting and people who are interested in cheap jerseys can chat. You leave, we stay. Have fun. Later.
And frankly, it sounds like it is people like yourself, who probably wear Devils jerseys to work (because, you know, you are so obsessed over them being perfect) that I am trying to avoid. I don't work at Staples, so the quality of the jersey I wear once a year and hang in my closet the other 364 days is not quite as imporant as my mortgage, car payment etc. Just some food for thought.

Edited by mikepeluso8, 13 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#34 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have 2 sites that are very good. I'll pm you them. The jerseys go for about 50 on these two sites

Yes please, send them over. I am looking at a number of sites and comparing what I can tell online. Greatly appreciated. Thank you for bringing value to this thread and its original topic.

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not a jersey guy. I'm not an apparel guy. In fact the only thing Devils I own is a ball cap. But we are season ticket holders for the Jets and many, the majority in fact, of people I speak to, sit near and interact with on a Jets message board all buy from these sites now. It peaked my interest and I owe a Ranger fan buddy one from a bet about Paroise, I wanna buy my Ranger loving boss one. And maybe just maybe I will grab one for myself on the cheap.

To each his own.

How about you stop posting and people who are interested in cheap jerseys can chat. You leave, we stay. Have fun. Later.
And frankly, it sounds like it is people like yourself, who probably wear Devils jerseys to work (because, you know, you are so obsessed over them being perfect) that I am trying to avoid. I don't work at Staples, so the quality of the jersey I wear once a year and hang in my closet the other 364 days is not quite as imporant as my mortgage, car payment etc. Just some food for thought.

To each his own.

I have a mortgage, bills and I work in an office and no I don't wear them to work lol.

What is there to chat about cheap jerseys? They all look equally bad and you can find them all over the net.

Also I find it funny how your jets fans are buying from these sites to save a few bucks yet have no problem paying outrages PSL fees.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#36 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I have a mortgage, bills and I work in an office and no I don't wear them to work lol.

What is there to chat about cheap jerseys? They all look equally bad and you can find them all over the net.

Also I find it funny how your jets fans are buying from these sites to save a few bucks yet have no problem paying outrages PSL fees.

Is what it is man.

Just leave us cheap folks alone over here with our 40 dollar jerseys. That's all I ask. No hard feelings here.

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is what it is man.

Just leave us cheap folks alone over here with our 40 dollar jerseys. That's all I ask. No hard feelings here.

Alright. I've said my peace.

#38 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

What drives me insane about the knock off jerseys the most...the NHL crest is always sewn onto a red background in the neck. Easiest way to spot a fake without looking at almost anything else.

Mind you...if I could find a perfect fake I'd buy it :P

1dun.jpg

#39 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think it's wrong at all. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of hockey fans are jersey snobs...so to speak. NOT in a bad way. A lot of other sports fans wear almost solely fake jerseys, especially prevalent in the NFL. This is most likely caused by overpriced merchandise but that's another discussion all together.

I understand wanting a cheaper alternative to the "real deal" but if it just looks wrong...it's wrong. I've seen NFL jerseys that rival the real thing. I've never seen an NHL one that does anything of the sort.

1dun.jpg

#40 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

i bought a bunch of fake jerseys cause im usually playing with them too and of course when you fall or get hit or wtv you can scrap your jersey... so when youre facing the choice of... do i want a Elias, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Zajac and Larsson jersey for 300$ and that i wouldnt mind if something happen to one of them or do i want one that if something happen to it when im gonna sh!t a brick.

of course i wouldnt frame a fake jersey. But to wear who cares really. It's like if you just want sunglasses to block the sun while you drive, who cares if they are fake oakleys? they do their job and for the difference in price its worth it lol only the people who like to brag with their stuff will care.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users