81 replies to this topic

#41 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

i bought a bunch of fake jerseys cause im usually playing with them too and of course when you fall or get hit or wtv you can scrap your jersey... so when youre facing the choice of... do i want a Elias, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Zajac and Larsson jersey for 300$ and that i wouldnt mind if something happen to one of them or do i want one that if something happen to it when im gonna sh!t a brick.

of course i wouldnt frame a fake jersey. But to wear who cares really. It's like if you just want sunglasses to block the sun while you drive, who cares if they are fake oakleys? they do their job and for the difference in price its worth it lol only the people who like to brag with their stuff will care.

Depends where you're wearing maybe? If I'm going to a game I'd rather have an NHL jersey (mind you I only have their premier, not able to throw $300 at authentic right now). If you're just wearing it out and about or to a street hockey/mens league game then yeah who gives a sh!t.

1dun.jpg

#42 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

i bought a bunch of fake jerseys cause im usually playing with them too and of course when you fall or get hit or wtv you can scrap your jersey... so when youre facing the choice of... do i want a Elias, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Zajac and Larsson jersey for 300$ and that i wouldnt mind if something happen to one of them or do i want one that if something happen to it when im gonna sh!t a brick.

of course i wouldnt frame a fake jersey. But to wear who cares really. It's like if you just want sunglasses to block the sun while you drive, who cares if they are fake oakleys? they do their job and for the difference in price its worth it lol only the people who like to brag with their stuff will care.

Exactly.

Preferred site?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#43 DRafalski

DRafalski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Go have fun with your terrible looking jerseys. They provide good comedy at the arena.

Is this part of the hockey experience that justifies the amount of money you spend on a ticket to a Devils game?

Did you also make fun of other people at school or in public who wear different clothes than you?

Who cares what someone is wearing at the arena. Maybe they don't know any better. Maybe it's a working parent who cant afford anything else for their kid who really wants a jersey. Maybe it's intentional. I intentionally bought a knock-off to wear out to games. Don't care if it gets ruined, if something spills on it..etc.

Great job supplying places with good prices on jerseys, but you could've controlled your post count today had you not hit "post" on all the pretentious dribble.
NJDevs.Com -[Brian Rafalski]- Keeper

#44 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Is this part of the hockey experience that justifies the amount of money you spend on a ticket to a Devils game?

Did you also make fun of other people at school or in public who wear different clothes than you?

Who cares what someone is wearing at the arena. Maybe they don't know any better. Maybe it's a working parent who cant afford anything else for their kid who really wants a jersey. Maybe it's intentional. I intentionally bought a knock-off to wear out to games. Don't care if it gets ruined, if something spills on it..etc.

Great job supplying places with good prices on jerseys, but you could've controlled your post count today had you not hit "post" on all the pretentious dribble.

I get it...cause I'll be first to admit I usually don't get through a single game at The Rock where I don't spill or get something on my jersey, Still would love an actual authentic and not a knockoff.

On a side note: NHL fans are some of the most die hard I've ever seen...which is another reason why a lot of die hards won't settle for less then the best.

1dun.jpg

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

These are not working parents looking for jerseys for their kids. According to the profiles of most of the people on the thread they are 18-25 year olds.

Also they know better because they are admitting they are buying knockoffs.

When I see posts from people who are crying poverty over jerseys yet got to a ton of games a year I just find it odd. If you don't want to spill things on your jersey then don't wear it to games. I've been to plenty of games without a jersey on.

#46 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I get it...cause I'll be first to admit I usually don't get through a single game at The Rock where I don't spill or get something on my jersey, Still would love an actual authentic and not a knockoff.

On a side note: NHL fans are some of the most die hard I've ever seen...which is another reason why a lot of die hards won't settle for less then the best.

I've had everything from hot chocolate to vomit on my jerseys. I have experimented over the years on what works best to clean them and found a system that pretty much makes them good as new without going to the cleaners. I spill things all the time on my jerseys but since I don't freak out and know what to do to clean it I don't go nuts.

#47 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

If you can find a knockoff that looks exactly like the real thing, go for it. However, I have yet to see a hockey jersey knockoff that isn't obviously a knockoff. That's why my personal preference is to buy the real thing. And yes, people can tell. If they couldn't, this thread wouldn't even exist.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#48 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

BTW, I don't think I've ever paid $300 for a jersey, not even a game-worn. So please don't float that line about throwing around hundreds of dollars on a jersey.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#49 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

BTW, I don't think I've ever paid $300 for a jersey, not even a game-worn. So please don't float that line about throwing around hundreds of dollars on a jersey.

Same here. I've even gotten a couple of game worns for $160 each from private collectors.

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Heres a challenge... Find me a website where they are not over $300 or damn near for a reebok edge with nameplate and numbers... Cause i certainly never saw it and looked around really often.

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I just got my henrique premier jersey customized by EPS. For the jersey that I got on sale from sports express going out of business sale last year and lettering fees I paid $130.

BTW there should be no bubbling.
Go have fun with your terrible looking jerseys. They provide good comedy at the arena.

What do you care what MUTUAL fans wear? You sound like a catty woman that can't believe Brian is wearing his fake Elias jersey. What do you care what clothes people that aren't you wear? Just take a step back and read what you;re typing.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Maybe the reebook premier doesnt look that bad for a devils jersey cause theres no shoulder patches but as soon you have patches its terrible, its not even a real patch sewed to the jersey its like those... Plasticish printed thing cheaply sewed and it makes the jersey look so horribly bad... Plus they have that huge grey patch at the bottom right screaming IM NOT AN AUTHENTIC JERsEY plus the reebok logo on the sleeve which is not even there on the real jersey... Wtf?

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

So much smug in this thread it is giving me a headache

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Heres a challenge... Find me a website where they are not over $300 or damn near for a reebok edge with nameplate and numbers... Cause i certainly never saw it and looked around really often.

Meigray.com

Go to clearance and they have a couple of authentic edge jerseys for $99 plus shipping. Send it to EPS with player name of choice and that will run about $60 plus shipping. Total not including shipping is $160 and shipping will take it to about $190 since you are in Canada. Would be cheaper if you were in the US.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 January 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#55 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

What do you care what MUTUAL fans wear? You sound like a catty woman that can't believe Brian is wearing his fake Elias jersey. What do you care what clothes people that aren't you wear? Just take a step back and read what you;re typing.

So you have no problem with people wearing clothing made with slave labor that benefits organized crime? (If you think the labor conditions reebok uses to make the official jerseys is bad, wait till you see the kind of labor they use for the fake jerseys)

Also the team you love is not getting their share as well. Think about it before you whine and worry about the devils financial situation like they have been the past couple of years before a couple weeks ago.

#56 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Maybe the reebook premier doesnt look that bad for a devils jersey cause theres no shoulder patches but as soon you have patches its terrible, its not even a real patch sewed to the jersey its like those... Plasticish printed thing cheaply sewed and it makes the jersey look so horribly bad... Plus they have that huge grey patch at the bottom right screaming IM NOT AN AUTHENTIC JERsEY plus the reebok logo on the sleeve which is not even there on the real jersey... Wtf?

Then buy a CCM replica jersey from eBay. There are tons of them there for less than $100 that doesn't use the jock tag and they don't use plastic patches. Plus it's the same style that the devils wore when they won their cups.

#57 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Not to be "that guy" but don't we already have a jersey thread in the marketplace? Why do we need one here? I am confused.

But as long as we are on the subject...personally I've never seen a problem with getting the jerseys from NHL.com's shop. Reasonably priced and they look great. I love the Larsson jersey I got from there. (But I don't consider myself a "jersey nut" like some people do haha.)

I have some bad bubbling on the logo of my Nieuwendyk jersey though. Thought about replacing the logo on that. (CCM white) Would anyone know how to go about that? I assume the Devils Den would take care of that?

Edited by TheMazz, 13 January 2013 - 11:50 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#58 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Then buy a CCM replica jersey from eBay. There are tons of them there for less than $100 that doesn't use the jock tag and they don't use plastic patches. Plus it's the same style that the devils wore when they won their cups.

So you have no problem with people wearing clothing made with slave labor that benefits organized crime? (If you think the labor conditions reebok uses to make the official jerseys is bad, wait till you see the kind of labor they use for the fake jerseys)

Also the team you love is not getting their share as well. Think about it before you whine and worry about the devils financial situation like they have been the past couple of years before a couple weeks ago.

That is such a reach. What source do you have of Chinese gangs selling knock off jerseys? And you can't possibly tell me that's your reason for buying the authentics. There aren't blood diamonds it's cloth and patches give me a fvcking break. And as for me not supporting my team, I buy regular apperal from them, but why give them more than i have to when the NHL collectively has proven they don't care about their fans.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#59 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

For the record, I have a lot of "authentic" replicas, both CCM and Reebok and 3 legit authentics.

But years ago, I went on Ebay, and got 2 fakes. A red Gio and White marty. The red one is absolutely better than my white Marty. Both aren't too bad, but they are awful and I rarely wear them, especially to games..
Posted Image Posted Image

#60 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

In my opinion, the best solution is to just get one of the old style CCMs on ebay. You can usually find them for like $50 and you don't have to resort to wearing a counterfeit, which ALL have the wrong font, usually in addition to bubbling, wrong shade of red, wrong spacing in the stripes, and/or a crooked crest.

I certainly understand not wanting to buy one of the new Edge jerseys. I refuse to buy one as well. The replicas are crappy quality compared to the pre-Edge CCMs and Kohos, and the authentics are too expensive and I still think the shape of them looks ridiculous and I hate what Reebok has done to hockey jerseys, forcing teams to come up with stupid designs with vertical piping and dumb sleeve designs, etc. Meanwhile, I also refuse to buy a jersey that looks like garbage, so that rules out the knockoffs.

Also, the pre-Edge CCM jerseys were awesome. They felt great, the cut actually looked like what a hockey jersey should look like and not a dress shirt or baseball jersey, and they were much more durable than the crap floating around these days. Not to mention, you can get a Stanley Cup patch on it from a year that we actually won the whole thing, as well as a player that will never go out of style--Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Brodeur, Elias, etc.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users