213 replies to this topic

#161 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

My tickets are scheduled to arrive today.. I recommend you all sign up for UPS My Choice so that you get an email when the team sends you tickets (as well as other packages to your house).. It's free too
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#162 icecop22

icecop22

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Got my season tickets as well plus those kids tickets vouchers. I wish they had the option to donate those because I have no use for them.

I'll take those if you dont mind, my 2 boys are always ready to go

Edited by icecop22, 05 February 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#163 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not sure if I'm going to take advantage of this or not.

This week's "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" exclusive perk allows you to see the Devils play on the road as they take on the NY Islanders at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, February 16th.

Join other Season Ticket Holders as we watch the game together from the Devils shoot twice side in the 300-level. Normally, these tickets cost $50 a piece, but for this "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" perk, we want to do something special.

We have reserved tickets to this game for only $45 per person. However, sign-up and the Devils will provide you with a free bus ride to the arena, a free commemorative edition Devils t-shirt and snacks along the way.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#164 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Not sure if I'm going to take advantage of this or not.

This week's "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" exclusive perk allows you to see the Devils play on the road as they take on the NY Islanders at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, February 16th.

Join other Season Ticket Holders as we watch the game together from the Devils shoot twice side in the 300-level. Normally, these tickets cost $50 a piece, but for this "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" perk, we want to do something special.

We have reserved tickets to this game for only $45 per person. However, sign-up and the Devils will provide you with a free bus ride to the arena, a free commemorative edition Devils t-shirt and snacks along the way.

Cool perk, but getting tickets on StubHub is probably cheaper. The bus ride is nice though if you live near Newark.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#165 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Our tickets were waiting at the door for us when we got home from the game last night.

#166 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Cool perk, but getting tickets on StubHub is probably cheaper. The bus ride is nice though if you live near Newark.

What if you live south of Newark would it be worth it?

I'm actually pretty lucky since Pru Center, NVMC and MSG are all one hour away from my residence.

#167 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think it's awesome the Devils are doing this and like I said on HF, you're paying less than StubHub when you consider parking and tolls.. You're also in the section full of Devils fans which adds to the noise and fun

Hope they do this again for years to come, even when the Islanders move arenas

Edited by Colin226, 06 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#168 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

If you're inclined to do this sort of thing, I can't imagine you'll get off much cheaper on your own through purchasing tickets on StubHub.  When you think about it, the $45 for the ticket, bus ride, and T-shirt (even though it will be a XXXXXL) is a great deal.  Tolls getting to LI from just about anywhere in NJ will cost at least $15, and parking I'm assuming is at least $5 (both numbers are very conservative estimates).  Therefore, $25 for a ticket and an oversized t-shirt seems pretty good to me.

Give the Devils props for coming up with this idea.  Seems like a fun time if you got the cash and don't mind going to the Mausoleum.  

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 06 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

#169 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Parking was $10 when I went a couple years ago and it wasn't that close to the arena (you got $5 back in food credit at the nearby hotel). I don't think tolls were 'that' much but with StubHub you always have to add like $10 or so in shipping/commission so yeah the price is similar in the end.

The main thing with me is I'm worried about how long it'll take to get back from Newark via the train since its only one every hour. Driving there is problematic depending on when the lots close since the bus will be back after 10.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#170 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Parking was $10 when I went a couple years ago and it wasn't that close to the arena (you got $5 back in food credit at the nearby hotel). I don't think tolls were 'that' much but with StubHub you always have to add like $10 or so in shipping/commission so yeah the price is similar in the end.

The main thing with me is I'm worried about how long it'll take to get back from Newark via the train since its only one every hour. Driving there is problematic depending on when the lots close since the bus will be back after 10.

If you pay to park your car in a lot, they're not gonna just close up the gate on you, especially since you pay ahead of time. Chances are they just leave the gate open(our favorite phrase) and there's probably a guy there until at least 12am. I mean, what would they do for a playoff game that goes into the next morning, lock everyone's cars in the lots?

Edited by ATLL765, 06 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#171 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

On game nights they always say the lot closes an hour after the game ends. That was worrying me when I was doing the net picture the other night. I don't know how the lots work on non-Devil game nights.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#172 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

On game nights they always say the lot closes an hour after the game ends. That was worrying me when I was doing the net picture the other night. I don't know how the lots work on non-Devil game nights.

How was the net picture? How long did it take? I'm doing that Saturday. We're you able to access the picture yet?

#173 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

In my experience, they just leave the gate open when they're done and cars are still there.. Otherwise, they tell you when you park "Your car must be out by xx o'clock".. You could also park for free on Broad Street right? No one is breaking into a car on Broad
Posted Image

#174 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

In my experience, they just leave the gate open when they're done and cars are still there.. Otherwise, they tell you when you park "Your car must be out by xx o'clock".. You could also park for free on Broad Street right? No one is breaking into a car on Broad

You might not have a side mirror when you get back though. I thought meters were only free on Sunday, not the whole weekend? Maybe I got it mixed up though, I can never remember.

Edit: Just saying, I've pretty much refused to pay to park whenever I go to the games, so I either find a free meter or a side street near one of the light rail stations. On the whole, it's been a pretty good deal, been driving to games myself for 4-5 years now and seen what's likely at least 50 games and only once did my car get broken into...and they didn't even take anything(it's because there wasn't anything to take, lol). So basically you gotta think $15X50 games=more than the cost to replace 1 window. I think I came out ahead, though that ride home was very pointy and cold.

Edited by ATLL765, 06 February 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#175 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

How was the net picture? How long did it take? I'm doing that Saturday. We're you able to access the picture yet?

It finally came up today, they say it gets posted inside a week so they met the deadline lol.

It seemed pretty organized, and they used both nets to get it done twice as fast.

#176 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

You might not have a side mirror when you get back though. I thought meters were only free on Sunday, not the whole weekend? Maybe I got it mixed up though, I can never remember.

Edit: Just saying, I've pretty much refused to pay to park whenever I go to the games, so I either find a free meter or a side street near one of the light rail stations. On the whole, it's been a pretty good deal, been driving to games myself for 4-5 years now and seen what's likely at least 50 games and only once did my car get broken into...and they didn't even take anything(it's because there wasn't anything to take, lol). So basically you gotta think $15X50 games=more than the cost to replace 1 window. I think I came out ahead, though that ride home was very pointy and cold.

Had my window smashed and car broken into two weeks for the first time in 5 years so I know what you mean.. Parking on the street saved me a lot more than the window cost.. Also had a cold ride home lol
Posted Image

#177 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Had my window smashed and car broken into two weeks for the first time in 5 years so I know what you mean.. Parking on the street saved me a lot more than the window cost.. Also had a cold ride home lol

Haha, yeah, it can happen. Luckily, I conditioned myself from the beginning to never leave anything in the car that's worth more than $5. Any iPods, cables, GPS, etc. Lock it in the glovebox, out of sight. I guarantee my car was broken into because my gf at the time left the iPod cable hooked into the radio and they thought they could get an iPod out of it since the cable is literally all they took from the car. Then it's time to roll out the plastic and duct tape until you either get pulled over multiple times by the same cop or you got $300 to spend, lol.

#178 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'll take those if you dont mind, my 2 boys are always ready to go

I sent you a PM, let me know if you still want them.

#179 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this but I was interested in buying a seven game plan as I had an all-star plan last year.

Devils expect me to pay $850 dollars for a seven game plan? For two tickets when I'm looking for three? Yeah OK... I was told discussing the possibility of buying season tickets that tickets in the 100 level of the Prudential center would be $25 a game. Therefore 25x3x7 = 525. Therefore I should be paying 525 dollars. Not nearly 1 grand. I love this team but they seriously can keep their overpriced tickets when I can get 7 games for way less on the secondary market.

I was looking to be as close to the aisle as possible in any area of the 100 level. Seriously. Any area of the 100 level. Cheapest I know is balcony so over there most likely.

Edited by TheMazz, 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#180 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

They are not going to have the same per game prices for a 7-game plan than they do for season tickets, sorry :P

And there are a lot of sth's in the cheapest sections there, it's unlikely you're getting a choice location.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users