57 replies to this topic

#1 titleofusername98

titleofusername98

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Who on the Devils this season do you think is going to get traded?

In my opinion, it's probably Steve Bernier.
Posted Image

#2 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Bernier has pretty much no trade value

If anyone is being traded, it will include one of the 8dmen we have in camp, and possibly Tedenby

#3 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I agree, we're clearly so deep at forward that we should trade one away. I hope we get a solid d-man for him. Can't have enough defensemen. :doh1:

oKCiNj.jpg

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Tallinder and Greene. I dont think the rest of the league would want Salvador or Zidlicky, Volchenkov has the ntc and I think Fayne and Larsson are untouchable. I love both Greene and Tallinder but Tally has to go.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Larsson's untouchable, but Fayne's an extremely attractive trade piece. Are you trading for an elite forward? Fayne + a pick, and not Tallinder, could be the package we ship off. Tallinder is MAYBE tradeable for a decent 3rd/4th line forward, but if Fayne shows flashes of what he did during the last half of this season, I think he could be our key into trading for a strong forward.

Yeah, I know, Fayne's relatively young and has potentially many good years ahead of him for the Devils. But, you got Larsson, Urbom, Merrill, Gelinas, etc., coming up; at this exact point in time, Fayne might be expendable and a decent means to a good end of a trade.

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 January 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#6 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Greene or Fayne. After last year Teds doesnt have too much leverage or appeal and he'd have to be packaged with someone in able to get a forward with enough value

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#7 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nobody from our D will get us the forward we need. Our current crop of defenseman are deep and well rounded. Guys get hurt over the course of the season...let's keep our depth.

To get the player that the Devils need to put them over the top, we're going to need to move someone like Matteau, Urbom, mix in 2nd/3rd round picks. Andy Greene or Tallinder or Fayne is not bringing back the scorer we need. Why weaken one area to strengthen another.

We can trade Fayne for some 15 goal 35 point forward, only to have Tallinder or Salvador on get nicked up again, and all of a sudden we're fvcked.

If we want to beat the Flyers, or Penguins or Rags again we're going to need Bobby Ryan type...and he's not coming here for Andy Greene. So either make a real move or no move at all. A depth defender for a depth forward does nothing.

Edited by '7', 15 January 2013 - 12:57 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Nobody from our D will get us the forward we need. Our current crop of defenseman are deep and well rounded. Guys get hurt over the course of the season...let's keep our depth.

To get the player that the Devils need to put them over the top, we're going to need to move someone like Matteau, Urbom, mix in 2nd/3rd round picks. Andy Greene or Tallinder or Fayne is not bringing back the scorer we need. Why weaken one area to strengthen another.

We can trade Fayne for some 15 goal 35 point forward, only to have Tallinder or Salvador on get nicked up again, and all of a sudden we're fvcked.

If we want to beat the Flyers, or Penguins or Rags again we're going to need Bobby Ryan type...and he's not coming here for Andy Greene. So either make a real move or no move at all. A depth defender for a depth forward does nothing.

Wait a minute. We brought on a lot of depth forwards last season, Poni comes to mind. We don't need a big spash Bobby Ryan type trade. We just need a strong 2nd/3rd pairing player.

#9 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Wait a minute. We brought on a lot of depth forwards last season, Poni comes to mind. We don't need a big spash Bobby Ryan type trade. We just need a strong 2nd/3rd pairing player.

See the way i view it we need something inbetween the two.

Poni came in to a team that still had Parise, realistically we do need someone who can come in and at least pick up a portion of that production.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

we need a top 6 winger for sure we have enough depth and i consider clarkson a borderline top 6 so i'd rather have him in my top 9... our top 6 is not even obvious, its pretty.

www.SterioDesign.com

#11 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

See right now we have too many defenseman. We don't need 8 NHL defenseman. If we trade one of Fayne, Greene, or tallinder and a pick and maybe tendenby or urbom we could get a pretty good top 6 forward. If we don't trade at least 1 defenseman there isn't even a spot for Larsson right now. On top of that we have Merrill, gelinas, and Scarlett coming through the system in the next couple years.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Any discussion with a Ryan type player is a non-starter unless it involves Merrill. You could give up an Urbom, pick combo if it's for a rental like Perry or Getzlaf.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#13 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Any discussion with a Ryan type player is a non-starter unless it involves Merrill. You could give up an Urbom, pick combo if it's for a rental like Perry or Getzlaf.

I'd gladly give up Merrill+Fayne/Greene+pick? for Ryan, but that's just me.

#14 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I jsut don't see Lou making a move till the deadline and if he does I would imagine it would be for a Poni type player unless we are struggling.

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

^7^: The Devils have 10 NHL ready defensemen. Urbom and Gelinas aren't going to blow anyone away here, but they should both be capable of taking weak minutes without throwing up all over themselves. Last year we only needed 9 defensemen (even though I think 11 played, 9 was the deepest NJ got on the depth chart) - having 10 is simply ridiculous. The Devils don't have the pieces to get a top forward, but a decent one? Yeah.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

It only takes one serious injury to a top 4 D-man on a contender to make Greene or Tallinder look like an attractive acquisition, even before the deadline. Right now most of us are only considering teams with serious defensive needs at the moment.

#17 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Even Gulitti is speculating http://www.northjers...html?c=y&page=2

#18 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Fayne, with his current contract, is way too valuable to the Devils to trade away imo.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#19 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Bottom line is that Parise cannot be replaced so...

This is a good opportunity to test your witts from within the organization to see if you can steal a spot come playoff time and then grind away round after round during the playoffs.

Gagner from Edmonton?

#20 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Fayne and Greene are the only two that would get us a decent return. IMO we definitely have too many defenders and I'd like them to clear room for Gelinas, Urbom, and Merrill next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users