176 replies to this topic

#41 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Dare I say today was... NOT status quo? Lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#42 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

My day is made. In Lou we Trust!

Guess my next jersey will be Zajac's!

#43 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

My day is made. In Lou we Trust!

Guess my next jersey will be Zajac's!

I was thinking the same thing! I still need to find a way to get rid of my Parise jersey or have the stuff changed.

815631765.gif

#44 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Oof the dumbass canadians on twitter are going around saying what a bad deal this was lololol
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well the Devils finally gave something back to the fans...who would have ever guessed it would be Zajac's autograph on a max length deal?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#46 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I know Zajac denied becoming the next captain, but he does have the locker of Zach (and Langs before him). Now that Trav is locked up, he makes a good case for captain.

Then again, lockers probably mean nothing and we should just be happy that we have a #1 Center for a long time

#47 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, what does that dipsh!t Lou know about anything? What a zilch he is. If only he scoured more message boards, he'd have a better handle on how to do his job.

If you don't think his routine of waiting until 7/1 to resign our own guys has cost us players....I don't know what to tell you.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#48 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Dare I say today was... NOT status quo? Lol.

Right on brother
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#49 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

So I'm assuming he'll be given the "C" to wear now?

#50 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

who have we lost recently besides Parise which was a stupid/dopey/unique situation in the last 5 years?

If you don't think his routine of waiting until 7/1 to resign our own guys has cost us players....I don't know what to tell you.

#51 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

I hope so.

Him getting the 'C' makes much more sense to me than Salvador

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

A lot of big names get to UFA for many teams. It's not like it only happens to the Devils. It costs EVERYONE players.

Losing Parise stings, sure, but not at 13 years and $98 million it doesn't. Who else are you upset about the Devils losing through the years?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Had terrible thoughts thinking Zajac was a goner. Such good news for us.

#54 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

Edited by SterioDesign, 16 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Cue Triumph, who will give us some statistic based contrarian argument as to the merits of the deal. We should do a survey on whether it's an AMAZING or AWFUL deal.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#56 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Oof the dumbass canadians on twitter are going around saying what a bad deal this was lololol

The people on TSN are flaming NJ and Lou too, but keep in mind these are the same people that are still convinced that the Devils still play the trap lol.

815631765.gif

#57 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow great for Zajac. If he can stay healthy this will be huge down the road. Maybe he will get a little league wide recognition now too.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#58 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

if we didn't sign him, next summer they would all be saying zajac is god and we want him for 5.75M.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#59 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

The people on TSN are flaming NJ and Lou too, but keep in mind these are the same people that are still convinced that the Devils still play the trap lol.

they're just embarrassing themselves and at the same time saying Grabovski's a good deal for the same $. Even Wyshynski (a devils fan who didn't know Henrique killed penalties) says he didn't like it.

#60 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

A lot of big names get to UFA for many teams. It's not like it only happens to the Devils. It costs EVERYONE players.

Losing Parise stings, sure, but not at 13 years and $98 million it doesn't. Who else are you upset about the Devils losing through the years?

And it isn't like Lou tried many times to lock Zach up. The difference is Zach and his agents knew he'd get the world in free agency. Travis doesn't. And this deal is too good for Travis to pass up on, especially after he missed pretty much all of last season. This contract is more about the future than what Travis has done in the past imo.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users