• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

There was, according to Kovalchuk, never any question about that. Any comments attributed to him in which he claimed he wanted to stay in the KHL rather than returning to the NHL were lost in translation.

“I have a contract here and in the KHL they have a rule that as soon as the lockout ends we have to go back,” Kovalchuk explained. “Nobody has a choice. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind I was going to come back.”

And those rumors than Russian presudent Vladimir Putin was willing to help find the money to keep Kovalchuk in the KHL?

“No, that’s not true. I’m sure he’s got some other stuff to take care of,” he said with a laugh. “I had a great time there, we had a good team but I have a contract here. I’m happy I’m back. I’m happy we’re all back because I think it’s going to be an exciting season.”

http://www.nj.com/de...k_there_wa.html
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

LEt the season begin now!

#3 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Lots of stuff gets lost in translation. Glad he straigtened this out, especially for the conspiracy theorists.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users