30 replies to this topic

#21 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I love Janssen but he's not an NHL player, even 20 years ago.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#22 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't see Darche making the team really. Unless we get hit by injury. I just don't see it.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

The trick I forgot about which Lou might end up using here to get Tedenby on the roster, if he doesn't want to send Larsson down, is the old 'IR the sh!tbag goon' play - Barch is already out of today's practice.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

The trick I forgot about which Lou might end up using here to get Tedenby on the roster, if he doesn't want to send Larsson down, is the old 'IR the sh!tbag goon' play - Barch is already out of today's practice.

Evidently Barch has a groin issue.

Again, unless I'm missing something, there's a mountain of a molehill here. If there's a roster squeeze, and there's one of the borderline guys (Matteau, etc.) who turns out to play well, Janssen is the one heading down to Albany.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#25 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

bingo.

Evidently Barch has a groin issue.

Again, unless I'm missing something, there's a mountain of a molehill here. If there's a roster squeeze, and there's one of the borderline guys (Matteau, etc.) who turns out to play well, Janssen is the one heading down to Albany.

double bingo.

one of the 8 dmen will be traded unless an injury happens within the first 2 weeks of the season.
janssen is getting sent down.
barch will go on IR.
mattaeu will go back to juniors unless he scores 10 goals in 4 games or injury.

this will work itself out.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#26 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am beginning to believe that one of the defensemen won't be traded, which is utter insanity. Are the Devils really going to go into the season with lines like this?

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Josefson-Butler
Matteau/Darche-S. Gionta-Bernier/Barch/Janssen?

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't even think Lou has a plan here. Which defensemen could be dealt? It has to be Greene or Fayne, right? I can't see anyone else being dealt for a number of reasons. And those are two you don't really want to see go.

I just wish Janssen doesn't get into a single game this season and is sent to the minors, but clearly Lou believes in keeping him around and playing in rivalry games. It's quite a mess.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

That's the "convenient" injury I was referring to... that is why in Lou-Land roster size is rarely a problem.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#29 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I am beginning to believe that one of the defensemen won't be traded, which is utter insanity. Are the Devils really going to go into the season with lines like this?

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Josefson-Butler
Matteau/Darche-S. Gionta-Bernier/Barch/Janssen?

In a word...yes. However, I think Matteau will be sent back to juniors, Darche will be signed and Barch/CamJan will ride the pine until we play the Rags and/or Flyers.
Posted Image

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's the "convenient" injury I was referring to... that is why in Lou-Land roster size is rarely a problem.

No, but let's be honest - you can't have five defensemen making $3 million plus Harrold (locked into the #7/8 role) AND Larsson/Fayne. They do have to do something to alleviate that soon, and I don't mean a phantom injury or sending Larsson to the minors when Lou himself said he was going to play in the NHL this year. No phantom injury (or real one) is going to give us assets to improve our forward core.

I can see them starting the season with eight and showcasing guys until Henrique comes back, but one way or another this problem needs to be solved and can't be allowed to fester. Lou doing nothing about the Kovycap issues two years ago was at least part of the reason the team was so dreadful early (I know most of it was on the worst coach in history, but having that as a constant cloud didn't help).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

No, but let's be honest - you can't have five defensemen making $3 million plus Harrold (locked into the #7/8 role) AND Larsson/Fayne. They do have to do something to alleviate that soon, and I don't mean a phantom injury or sending Larsson to the minors when Lou himself said he was going to play in the NHL this year. No phantom injury is going to give us assets to improve our forward core.

I can see them starting the season with eight and showcasing guys until Henrique comes back, but one way or another this problem needs to be solved and can't be allowed to fester. Lou doing nothing about the Kovycap issues two years ago was at least part of the reason the team was so dreadful early (I know most of it was on the worst coach in history, but having that as a constant cloud didn't help).

I mean, Rolston got hurt in Game #3 and that ended those questions for at least a month, so I've always been a little skeptical on that front. There's really no reason to showcase anyone except perhaps the proof that either the defenseman in question or whoever Lou wants to deal for is in regular shape.

Edited by Triumph, 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users