118 replies to this topic

#41 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

i really hope lou has something in the works of a possible trade.

Edited by grcenter47, 18 January 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#42 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson
Darche-Josefson-Matteau
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Ugh

Edited by SMantzas, 18 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

As the Devils have showed time and time again, guys like Carter and Clarkson can handle themselves. Pretty much everyone can handle themselves. You keep wanting to have fake fights than Janssen is your man. The guy hasn't been in a real spur of the moment fight as a Devil ever. So we'll keep him on the roster playing 3 awful minutes every 2nd night for it. But Janssen can't play. He isn't even good at fighting. So we'll bring in another guy who also sucks, but can stay on the ice just a bit longer without totally being awful, yet still being awful. in Krys Barch.

And we'll give them all 2-year deals. Always. Everytime.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

With Lou, you never know... But I think he may have a defensemen-for-forward deal lined up.

As things are looking now, that better be the case. I know Lou can be stubborn about things, but there is zero reason that Barch and Janssen should be on the roster when there's only one extra forward opening (2G, 8D, 13F).
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

As the Devils have showed time and time again, guys like Carter and Clarkson can handle themselves. Pretty much everyone can handle themselves. You keep wanting to have fake fights than Janssen is your man. The guy hasn't been in a real spur of the moment fight as a Devil ever. So we'll keep him on the roster playing 3 awful minutes every 2nd night for it. But Janssen can't play. He isn't even good at fighting. So we'll bring in another guy who also sucks, but can stay on the ice just a bit longer without totally being awful, yet still being awful. in Krys Barch.

And we'll give them all 2-year deals. Always. Everytime.

I would have though that Lou would have learned his lesson with Boulton, who actually had more ability beyond being a fighter than Barch does. The whole thing is just puzzling.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

As things are looking now, that better be the case. I know Lou can be stubborn about things, but there is zero reason that Barch and Janssen should be on the roster when there's only one extra forward opening (2G, 8D, 13F).

Lou wouldn't waive Butler without a good reason. There's gotta be something coming down later. The way the roster numbers are lining up as a result of this almost screams it. We'll have to see if anyone isn't on the ice for practice at 3:00.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#47 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson
Darche-Josefson-Matteau
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Ugh

Sorry, I just vomited at the thought of Clarky and Teddy on the same line in the top 6.

#48 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Zidlicky better put up ppg and Larsson better get at least 20 points because we literally have no offense besides Kovy,Elias and Zajac lol

#49 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Lamoriello on Butler:"He did well, but we don't feel he's ready yet. Hopefully, he clears (waivers) and goes down and plays, which he needs"

Argh.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#50 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Well..

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello on Butler:"He did well, but we don't feel he's ready yet. Hopefully, he clears (waivers) and goes down and plays, which he needs"

That's pretty clear.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#51 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Zidlicky better put up ppg and Larsson better get at least 20 points because we literally have no offense besides Kovy,Elias and Zajac lol

You gotta love seeing your team go from what we saw as probably the deepest offense NJ has had in a while to near squat in a matter of one offseason. If Zid can put up 30+ points and Larsson can do 20+ along with Greene, it won't be too bad, but there's gonna be no help from Sal, Volch, Tally and most likely Fayne isn't gonna help much either(though I'd be pretty happy to see him hit 20pts, I think he could do it).

#52 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ugh, disappointing. Lou better be doing something clever.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#53 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

still hope theres a move coming

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#54 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I really hope Lou doesn't wait 10 games before making a move, if those 10 games don't go well that's roughly 20% of your season gone, our margin for error this season is so small
25smul5.png

#55 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Lamoriello on Butler:"He did well, but we don't feel he's ready yet. Hopefully, he clears (waivers) and goes down and plays, which he needs"

Argh.

Ah, I got it. Lou and DeBo are doing to Butler what they did to Bernier last year. Just watch. They'll let him loose come playoff time, and this guy will have such a huge chip on his shoulder that he'll skate through walls for them.

Evil genius.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#56 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Lou Lamoriello on final Devils roster: "We'll go right up to the last minute." That 's 5 pm today

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#57 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

The people who made this decision were at all the practices and have watched every Albany game. They know what they want. Being upset about a move on a fringe NHL player is something I choose not to do. Since he couldn't make the Senators maybe it's a good sign he couldn't make the Devils.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#58 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

The people who made this decision were at all the practices and have watched every Albany game. They know what they want. Being upset about a move on a fringe NHL player is something I choose not to do. Since he couldn't make the Senators maybe it's a good sign he couldn't make the Devils.

Some of us are disappointed because the kid does have potential. If you are going to say he cant crack the Sens lineup last year at least include he had injuries and had 4th line duty, you also have to say he had a hell of a rookie year with the Sens two years ago. Hopefully he returns to Albany and can impress some more.

Edited by Zubie#8, 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#59 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

This lineup is scary thin at F. Looking at what they have, I really don't know where the goals are going to come from. They better hope Marty and Moose can win a bunch of 2-1 or 3-2 games over the next 3 months.
Posted Image

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Butler evidently isn't ready yet Barch and Jansenn still have a shot. For someone with Lou's success, he does some puzzling things.

Edited by Daniel, 18 January 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users