118 replies to this topic

#101 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

i hope matteau scores 10 goals in 5 games and is immediately returned to juniors. i do NOT want a wasted year of his potential for this season.

You could always keep him and hope he's not as good after the ELC's up as he would've been had he had the full 3 years starting next year, allowing you sign him before he more fully develops, saving you $ presumably. *Shrug* I have no idea

Edited by DH26, 18 January 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#102 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

when do we cut volchenkov?

#103 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Janssen and Barch are gonna be on the first line and light it up!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#104 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

when do we cut volchenkov?

We apparently don't since TG says Tallinder/Larsson are probably sitting tomorrow instead. Awesome. (And Volchenkov's got a NTC)
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#105 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

We apparently don't since TG says Tallinder/Larsson are probably sitting tomorrow instead. Awesome. (And Volchenkov's got a NTC)

Yeah it seems they will be healthy scratches tomorrow. I really don't get it. There needs to be a trade so bad. I don't know what Lou is waiting for.

#106 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah it seems they will be healthy scratches tomorrow. I really don't get it. There needs to be a trade so bad. I don't know what Lou is waiting for.

Lou may just not like the offers he's getting, so he'll wait and see if another team suffers an injury or has a poor start and ups what the other team will offer.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#107 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

We apparently don't since TG says Tallinder/Larsson are probably sitting tomorrow instead.

I just don't understand this. Tallinder is arguably the best defenseman on the team and Larsson has been playing, unlike...well, everyone else playing D.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#108 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I'm going to be pissed if Tallinder and Larsson end up sitting as healthy scratches tomorrow. I'd much rather see Volchenkov and Harrold out. I still don't understand why they waived Butler but hopefully there is some sort of move coming since the forward situation is downright dreadful.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#109 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'm going to be pissed if Tallinder and Larsson end up sitting as healthy scratches tomorrow. I'd much rather see Volchenkov and Harrold out. I still don't understand why they waived Butler but hopefully there is some sort of move coming since the forward situation is downright dreadful.

I accept that I don't understand why Butler was waived. I'd also accept and understand it if Tallinder sits, because he has trade value and something might be coming down. But Larsson?!

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#110 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Ya the only take I can get is that Lou is just going to hold his cards with the extra D and see what shakes out. If the Devils are winning he looks smart and maximizes his offer. They struggle it will be a bit more difficult.

#111 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Is having Matteau play a few NHL games this year really worth the possibility of losing Butler? They must really want him to play.

I'm not sure what Lou is doing here. With Tedenby going down to Albany, I would hope that at least 2 of the following 4 things happen ASAP:

1. Sign Gomez
2. Sign Sykora
3. Trade for a top 6 forward with a D-centered package
4. Tedenby comes back up after Butler clears or is claimed.

TG said that Tallinder-Larsson looks to be the D pair to sit tomorrow, which doesn't really make much sense to me. And honestly, I don't know why anybody would want to start the season with this problem.

This is either A. Trade in the works and Larsson is just sitting because they couldn't fit another RH in or B. They're sitting their guys they have a good read on right now so they can see some of our lesser pieces handle gameplay against a team like the Isles. See if they can handle them before throwing them to the sharks on Tuesday.

#112 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
Bobby Butler has cleared waivers and will be re-assigned to Albany. #NJDevils

#113 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Bobby Butler cleared waivers and has been assigned to @albanydevils.

@NHLDevilsPR

#114 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

not to be negative here... but a guy that Ottawa didnt want for wtv reasons and decided to give up on goes on waivers and no one else is picking him up. And bunch of people here are expecting him to fill one of our top 6 need? after Lou said he wasnt even ready, he's 25... i think some people here are pumping his tires a bit too much an are wearing NJ blinders.

we fvcking need to make a trade or something we simply can't go for the whole season like this especially not in our division

www.SterioDesign.com

#115 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is either A. Trade in the works and Larsson is just sitting because they couldn't fit another RH in or B. They're sitting their guys they have a good read on right now so they can see some of our lesser pieces handle gameplay against a team like the Isles. See if they can handle them before throwing them to the sharks on Tuesday.

Any reason you're choosing the Sharks for a trade?

#116 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,480 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

not to be negative here... but a guy that Ottawa didnt want for wtv reasons and decided to give up on goes on waivers and no one else is picking him up. And bunch of people here are expecting him to fill one of our top 6 need? after Lou said he wasnt even ready, he's 25... i think some people here are pumping his tires a bit too much an are wearing NJ blinders.

we fvcking need to make a trade or something we simply can't go for the whole season like this especially not in our division

Butler is a classic example of a player who can fill an offensive need but the rest of his game may not be NHL grade. There are players like Matt Moulson who crush the minors but for whatever reason teams don't think he's good enough, and then sometimes they become good enough.

As for Matteau's ELC, I am less concerned with him being cheap since he doesn't have a super-high upside. I am concerned that he is a sub-replacement player though.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#117 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

well the guy many have declared to be our future first liner has not drawn any interest from any team around the league, including us.

like everybody else has said, we need to make a trade

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#118 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Cam Janssen is starting on our "3rd line".

Kovalchuk is going to have to carry more water than Gunga Din this year for te Devils to have any offense.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#119 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Cam Janssen is starting on our "3rd line".

Kovalchuk is going to have to carry more water than Gunga Din this year for te Devils to have any offense.

Janssen must havce something on Lou

I don't think Kovy will produce at a greater rate than he did last season. Devils need to make up 30 goals in 48 games

Edited by LucifersDog, 19 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users